Notary Rotary
One of my funnest collection tricks--works great
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by ItsMe123 on 6/17/05 10:44pm
Msg #45734

If they try to give the "we don't have your invoice" or the "we don't have this" 3 times, here is a solution to make sure they recieve it. This will of course will result in no more calls from them for work but you really don't want any anyway. Call as a client, "Hello this is Will Smith from Men In Black Mortgage Company. I wanted to send you an order, do you have a 1-800 fax number? If they try to give you online ordering instruction or anything, just say. "Look I have my order all ready , I have to use this form to order because of company policy and it has to be faxed. " You will get the number. Now some do use fax to email but when they get orders they most likely like to print them out so they will give you the actual number for the fax machine. Even with fax to email this works great. Anyway it is a real PIA.

Print eight copies of your invoive.
Tape all of them together.
Put the taped together string of invoices in the fax machine and tape the first to the last so you have a loop.
Dial the fax number.
Go to bed.

Guess what--they will call you--That's right, they will actually call you---They have your invoice--they may even wonder if you are having a problem with your fax machine. Of course you don't, it worked perfectly you say. (don't tell them what you did) Mention that someone had told you they didn't have your invoice and becuase of that you have not been paid. Mention you will fax the invoice daily until you get your check. Your check will be in the mail. Most likely after refaxing the invoice the next day you will have a tracking number for it.

Reply by anonymous on 6/17/05 10:49pm
Msg #45736

This is good......

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/17/05 10:53pm
Msg #45739

Very good...(I'm still laughing). Kind of like mailing back junk mail in the pre-paid envelopes that 'they' have to pay for. Creative, fun, and gets results!

but, dang it...in Utopia it just shouldn't have to work that way (and I don't, BTW, live in Utopia, CA).

Reply by Forest Sisemore on 6/17/05 10:57pm
Msg #45740

That's beautifull! I love it! Thank you! Can't wait to do it! Just the kind of creative idea I needed. You are a genius! Paybacks a b i itch but hey someone's gotta do it... I'm just the guy. Take names & kick ass - YES! Wow. I'm impressed that some people still know how to have fun. Keep it up. Good work!!!!! Now I can have some fun in this business. Thank you!

Reply by FM/IN on 6/18/05 1:39am
Msg #45791

Re: WHATEVER WORKS! - n/m

Reply by Melody on 6/17/05 11:08pm
Msg #45748

Love it! ~~ n/m

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/17/05 11:23pm
Msg #45757

Can't wait to try it n/m

Reply by yiddster on 6/18/05 12:47am
Msg #45774

Re: Can't wait to try it n/m

This also works wonders with unwanted fax solicitations.....I actually had one company call me and complain!! Inagine that ~ after I call the stupid number to be removed from their crackpot list ~ they still fax me their garbage, then they get upset because I jammed up their fax and ran them out of paper.....poor guys. Hehehehe....works like a charm!

Kim

Reply by Anonymous on 6/18/05 1:14am
Msg #45782

Re: Can't wait to try it n/m

This craks me up... wish I'd thought of it! Poor bastards.... just wait!

Reply by Jenni on 6/18/05 1:40am
Msg #45792

Re: Don't Care If It Works, It is the funniest Notary Story

Totally brillant, I'm crying from laughing so much.

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/18/05 2:12am
Msg #45798

Personally, I like a more honest, direct, less threatening approach followed by legal resolution, if necessary, rather than tricking & harassing someone. Perhaps I am old fashioned, but I do believe, "One catches more flies with honey than vineger," and that is what works for me.

I hope others will try the way with no chicanery. It does work!

Reply by Art_MD on 6/18/05 6:54am
Msg #45806

Re: Trick is 20 yrs old .. and ...

This was first done, to my knowledge, when faxes were becoming popular in the 80's. For a while then junk faxes were common. what was faxed was a note in LARGE letter asking them to stop. Fax was usually done after hours. Back then there was no memory in fax machines so after you ran their machine out of paper, anyone trying to send a legit fax had a problem. Worked well (so I'm told - not personal experience !!!) in stopping the junk faxes.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/18/05 7:57am
Msg #45811

A word of caution ...

This "trick" may result in legal action against the sender. It may be considered intentional harassment with intent to cause harm (costing them lost business and expenses) or distress.

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/18/05 9:31am
Msg #45823

Re: A word of caution ...or two

And they might have grounds to sue for /Tortious Interference/ especially after your post here, which by the way is tracable. Just hope they do not add conspiracy. In any event, I don't believe your bond or your E&O will cover this type of intentional act.

Good Luck!

Reply by TAgey_VA on 6/18/05 11:08am
Msg #45832

Re: A word of caution ...or two

I agree, however, I do like the way the original post was able to get the real fax number from the company. This, in itself, is legal. The continual faxing is not necessary. Also, I have my fax print out a confirmation that the fax when through without a problem and I use this to my advantage.

Reply by MD on 6/18/05 3:45pm
Msg #45877

HEY

Get a life everyone..... the original post was very funny..... comic relief

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.