Please Help with Notorial wording.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by MrsK_in_NJ on 6/14/05 8:12pm
Msg #44671

Title of Doc. "Owners Affadavit"

"To purchase or grant financint to the borrowers of the above described property and the said parties rely on the statements made by the affiants herein are aware that ________________ is insuring the title to the property herein and that affiants warrant the above statements to be accurate.......

On the "Mortgage"
Be it remembered, that on this 14th day of June, 2005, before me the subscriber, a notary public, personally appeared to me John Smith and Jane Smith who, I am satisfied are the grantors named in and who executed the within instrument and did severally acknowledge that they signed, sealed, and delivered the same as ______________ act and deed for the uses and purposes.............

Please help fill in the blanks, this is my first package. Thank you. Karen

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/05 8:23pm
Msg #44673

Owners affidavit:

The name of the company issuing the title insurance is what should be in there. It will be on the HUD - but call the company that hired you and ask - as that info should have been filled in prior to them sending out the docs.

Mortgage: same as their free act and deed.

Reply by MrsK_in_NJ on 6/14/05 8:45pm
Msg #44679

I checked the manual and NJ does not have specific notorial wording. Just a few examples in the manual. And as for the items being filled in, the whole loan packace was like that. many things were not filled in. I even checked my own refi.docs and I've never see anything like the one I received for the signing today.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 8:55pm
Msg #44683

You will find that some Title Cos are better than others. I will not take assignments from a few National Title Cos because they do not complete there own docs. Some Title Cos send copies of copies of State specific forms and don't even know what needs to be completed. I wonder sometimes how they do it. I don't like sloppy work and I hate to present it to the borrowers.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 8:24pm
Msg #44674

Please...

"To purchase or grant financint to the borrowers of the above described property and the said parties rely on the statements made by the affiants herein are aware that _______Title Co / Underwriter_________ is insuring the title to the property herein and that affiants warrant the above statements to be accurate.......

The next one you really should know before doing a signing. You may find the answer in your state manual. If not, try calling the Co that hired you, I'd like to hear what they say.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.