Notary Rotary
QUESTION
Notary Discussion History

QUESTION
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by DMARTZ_IN on 6/9/05 9:06pm
Msg #43673

QUESTION

This is for the more experienced SA's. Was their ever a time that you were paid up front fees for your work. As a Private Investigator of 17 years we use to get paid up front for our Process Service(Serving Court Papers) but in the last few years many have gotton away from this do to the fact they claim the servers would not get the affidavits and paper work back to the clients in a timely fashion. Just wondering if this also happened in this business.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/9/05 9:11pm
Msg #43675

I have received my fee upfront from some companies. But this is unusual.
I don't believe it has ever been the norm.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 9:14pm
Msg #43676

Signing agents is new profession, has not been around a long time. Loans used to be signed in house.

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 6/9/05 9:27pm
Msg #43679

Thank You Sylvia and Erna.

Reply by Les/CO on 6/10/05 7:01pm
Msg #43889

I have been paid up front many times. This usually was for notary work other than a loan signing. Only once for a loan signing, and that was from an Attorney/Title Company in Florida. Kind of nice being paid in front! Now how do we get this as a standard practice? It would sure get rid of the crooked SS's (I'm not tlaking about ALL SS's. just the ones that make it a practice of not paying at all)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.