Notary Rotary
Received an e mail from closeline...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 6/6/05 4:39pm
Msg #42727

Wow! their link didnt work. But I was so desperate to answer and go and do the driving like
35 miles and finish the closing, but if the loans doesnt fund or for any other reason doesnt close;
Guess what, I dont get paid! And my babysitter charges me 3.5/hour and she doesnt care if I dont
get paid. Should I better start babysitting other peoples babies? It seems that its a more secure job.LOL

Reply by Shannon/Va on 6/6/05 10:13pm
Msg #42825

If this is the same company I am thinking of, I printed out their contract page letter and signed it, with changes. I crossed out the part that said I would not get paid of the loan did not close and wrote in "If loan package is notorized properly and does not fund due to no fault of me, the notary, I will recieve full payment. If borrowers resind, I receive full payment and if borrowers no show, I receive 50% payment" I also wrote on there that if they request I perform a notary closing and I complete my job with no errors, our contract is complete and full payment shall be rendered, period.

I faxed it in. I do not, of course, expect to hear from them.

Reply by IL-not on 6/6/05 11:12pm
Msg #42839

I have done several closings for closeline. They were very nice to deal with. They met and paid my fees within 30 days of the closing. I believe they have recently changed their policies regarding loans that don't fund.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/7/05 9:11am
Msg #42898

Unless they have changed to paying for non-funding, they haven't changed in four years that I know of. They were/are Titlemania, whose policy has always been to not pay unless the loan funds. That was one reason why I never signed up with them.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 6/7/05 5:36am
Msg #42879

Is Montgomery Home Title part of them? If so, I think I'm getting stiffed on a signing I did early May. Emailed them last week to see when I would be receiving my payment. They said that the loan did not fund yet. I did the signing on 5/11. They said they needed to do an employment verification on the husband and were waiting for another pay stub from his new job. I thought that was odd. This weekend I called the borrower and she found out last Wed. that the loan never closed and it won't. No one ever told them and they thought their payoffs were sent. I got it in writing stating I would be paid if they rescind or do not sign. My fee was $175 and drove over an hour and spent an hour with the borrower. They are not answering my emails now that I know that they fed me a line of crap. The borrower said that they knew nothing about an employment verification and that her husband did not start a new job.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.