Notary Rotary
SOX
Notary Discussion History

SOX
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by CalGal on 6/15/05 1:11pm
Msg #44853

SOX

Does anyone out there know we report Sign on the X to.

Reply by Dee-FL on 6/15/05 1:26pm
Msg #44860

I would say the BBB (Better Business Bureau).

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/15/05 1:37pm
Msg #44862

Aren't they paying? I just did on for them

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/15/05 1:39pm
Msg #44863

Yikes...
You should have done a search on SOX before taking the signing

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/15/05 2:15pm
Msg #44875

Oh man......so were out the money!!

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/15/05 2:25pm
Msg #44879

oldhippie...

It would appear so, I had accepted an assignment in March for a company that I later found out had a bad rep. I saw red after they were late so I made a total nuisance of myself and called them daily (after I tracked down the new phone number)
They finally paid me and it took 3 months to collect. I believe I should get paid if I did a job well and I let him know this every time I called. I kept saying "look, I want to get this invoice off my desk already". I think he finally got tired of me but it was worth it.

Where in IL are you? I'm from Chicago, in fact we are headed up there in the morning for a big family reunion...looking forward to seeing everyone and taking a few days off.

Reply by Dave_CA on 6/15/05 2:52pm
Msg #44887

I don't believe you will be out but they took a long time to pay.
I have not worked for them but my business partner did 2 signings before I started reading this board. She did the signings Jan. 6th and got paid April 4th.
We did get a 2nd check for the same signing about a month later which we returned.

Reply by Forest Sisemore on 6/15/05 4:42pm
Msg #44922

SOX is still out there. I almost don't mind them calling because it's so much fun to lay the smack down on 'em. Anyway they say they have a new accounting dept and past payment problems have been solved. I say fine send a check with the docs & I'll take the signing. "Um... no we cant do that we dont get payed till the loan closes..." They're not comfortable taking a risk but they expect us to - no thanks I only work with co's I can trust. Thankfully there are still some good ss's out there. If SOX was serious about cleaning up their reputation they'd start sending payments & not balk when asked to do so up front. Moral of the story: Just say no to dead beat companies. And please do a search before accepting work from a ss you don't know!

Reply by CalGal on 6/15/05 7:08pm
Msg #44946

They are the worst signing service to get your $$$ from. They have every excuse in the book as to why they haven't sent your check. GOOD LUCK.

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/15/05 9:31pm
Msg #44992

SOX pays but they pay very SLOOOWWWLLLLYYY!

SOX in my experience only pays after 1 to 4 calls requesting payment. They usually pay 60 to 120 days after the signing. I've done signings for them at $75, no edocs, only if I'm having a very slow month. You'll get your money, but only with one or multiply phone calls. I haven't done a signing for them in many months because I get enough signings from more reliable SS's. You'll have to figure out if the multiple phone calls to receive payment is worth it to you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.