Notary Rotary
Sign on the X... SOX
Notary Discussion History

Sign on the X... SOX
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Ny Notary on 6/21/05 8:04am
Msg #46428

Sign on the X... SOX

I cannot believe people are still working for them. If you are smart enough to post your complaints about payment on this board, why are you not smart enough to research this company and know they are slow to pay, if at all... and they are not worth the hassle.
OMG. Get it together people.

Reply by Glena/NV on 6/21/05 9:20am
Msg #46448

I'm with you!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/21/05 9:28am
Msg #46451

Some of us are still fairly new to this board. Some of us have been doing this job for companies that pay regularly. Some of us have it together. Please don't persecute others for the learning experience.

Reply by mes/chicago on 6/21/05 9:44am
Msg #46460

I also am fairly new to the board.I received a call from SOX last night and agreed to take the job,but did ask for an extra $25 because I have a long trip for this one...A few minutes later the name seemed real familiar and I started searching and realized that this co obviously has not one positive post,everything is awful.Decided to call and back out.I don't mind waiting a reasonable time for payment,but there are too many good co's out there.Why wait months and months or never get paid.I am thankful that this info is available!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/21/05 12:06pm
Msg #46514

Good for you!!! Maybe they will get the message when find how difficult it is to get NSA. Personally, I would like to hear that people say, "Sign on the X? I heard about you! No thanks!" Then just hang up.

Reply by mes/chicago on 6/21/05 12:20pm
Msg #46515

I wanted to be truthful and tell them I have heard much talk about extremely late payment-if payment is ever received!Instead decided to tactfully back out.I have a feeling they have had this scenario happen often,so I didn't feel too bad.I have had a slow week,hated to lose the job,but why bother if there is a good chance I won't get paid?!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/21/05 12:56pm
Msg #46520

I know what you mean. Fortunately, I keep very busy, and I have no problem turning down companies who have the poor reputation or with whom I've had a prior bad experience (there haven't been but maybe a couple of bad experiences). I'd rather take the time off than be stiffed for the fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.