Notary Rotary
Signature/Name Affidavit showing both names
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Not. In FL on 6/25/05 12:02pm
Msg #47719

I have an Signature/Name affidavit. Usually it only has one of the borrowers name per affidavit and says at the bottom, and XXX XX is one and the same person.
But this one has pre-typed both borrower and wife's name on the it and requests both their signatures and AKA names. There are two copies alike. It reads as follows:

This is to certify that my legal signature is as written and typed below:
John Doe ______________
signature
Jane Doe ______________
signature

I am also Know as:

__john K doe_________________ _______________
print name or type signature
__jane a Doe_________________ _______________
print name or type signature

at the bottom where it states "and that _____________________ is one and the same person. What do I fill out?

if I write John Doe and Jane Doe (they are not one and certainly not the same person). The only thing I can think of is write Joe Doe/ Jane Doe and so I did. Will that be ok???

HEEEEEEEEELp!!! I need to send the package back on monday and want to know if I need to have these borrowers re-sign. Obviously the TC is closed so I can't ask anyone else!!! Come on experts I am all ears... TIA

Reply by janCA on 6/25/05 12:19pm
Msg #47725

This area is usually not part of the notarial wording. I never fill it in. Is the actual notary wording below this? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply by Annonymous on 6/25/05 2:23pm
Msg #47752

yes, below it has the notary certificate:

State of
County of

Subscribed and sworn (affirmed) before me....

Seal

????/

Reply by Not. In FL on 6/25/05 2:33pm
Msg #47754

Yes I must fill out the notarial certificate below the document.

Reply by Monica - FL on 6/25/05 2:42pm
Msg #47755

I would fill it out as follows when it refers to one and the same person: John Doe and Joe Doe are one and the same person AND Jane Doe and Jan Doe are one and the same person. Also, be sure to put after all of that - ID: FL Dr. License (or whatever id they used). This is required in Florida.

Reply by ItsMe123 on 6/25/05 6:57pm
Msg #47812

try this

this sounds like an Ameriquest "Sig Auth" that's what they call them

If it is they want (this is exactly what would go in the blank):

John Doe and John K Doe is one and the same person and Jane Doe and Jane A Doe

Make sure of this form you have the borrower sign on the right side exactly what is printed on the left. They will ask for a forsure resign with any errors on this form. It is a big doc for them and they will not allow errors on it to be "covered" with the E and O

this would work for any other lender too as when you read it out with what is pre-pruinted it makes perfect sense in defining that there are two people who have two different names

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/25/05 10:40pm
Msg #47853

Re: try this

I never heard of a lender determining what is covered under the E & O policy. It is the insurance company's responsibility to determine what they cover.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.