Notary Rotary
Standard questions for rural borrowers upon confirmation
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by AngelinaAZ on 6/25/05 7:29pm
Msg #47825

Do you have an unexpired picture ID with a clear picture that hasn't been holepunched and stuck on your keychain with your Frys card?

Do you have a pit bull? Two pit bulls? Can you tie them up before I get there?

Can you unlock the chain from the gate that is at the beginning of the two mile dirt road to your house before I get there? Can you tell the kid outside with the shotgun that you are expecting someone and I'm not trespassin' on your property?

Do you have teeth? Can you put them in before I get there?

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/25/05 8:12pm
Msg #47829

Do you have an electric fence around your porch?

Do you have windows? Are they broken? Are they taped up with duct tape and black trash bags?

Do you have an old schoolbus parked in your yard?

How many cars are planted in your pasture?

Do you have a cat? Does it have a litterbox because my briefcase isn't one?

Reply by FL Notary on 6/25/05 8:21pm
Msg #47831

Re: Do you have an electric fence around your porch?

You have GOT to be kidding!

Reply by FL Notary on 6/25/05 8:31pm
Msg #47836

At what point is "too much", TOO MUCH!!? I was at one that was pretty bad the other day. I pulled up and a broken down van in the yard and another car that a man was working on. I called my husband to let him know where I was and to call me in 15 minutes. If no answer to call 911 (okay maybe that's a little dramatic, but I did tell him to call me in 15). So I asked the man if he was Mr. Borrower. He says, "Nope", and never looked up. So I asked him if Mr. Borrower was home. He, once again, never looked up and said, "Don't know. Why don't ya knock on tha (the) dower (door) and find out! So everyone in the extended family was inside (I think maybe it was a special moment in the family history) and the poor guy was trembling, the house was a wreck it stunk. Dear God, the things we do for a buck!

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/25/05 8:40pm
Msg #47838

You are tooooo funny A.

I needed a good laugh - thanks.

I have been really lucky thus far not to run into weird or spooky situations. Never anything spooky...I have been in some really bad neighborhoods and I have always been treated with much kindness and respect. What I have found is that people in really bad neighborhoods have had a tough time and probably treated like crap--they use their mean facade to cover up for looking dumb, I think. Most of the time, I can figure out a way to put them at ease and help them see that I'm out there hustling just like they are.

But, lawsy Miss Clawsy, I have never seen anything like you run across.

Reply by George Mendonca on 6/25/05 9:07pm
Msg #47842

Is your trailor the one with or without wheels?

Should I buy a bottle of RID after visiting your home?

Do I need to bring a lawn mower to reach your front door?

Is your house the one with.......ummmm.......uhhhh........(can't think of any decent distinguishable features)

Reply by Jenni/CA on 6/25/05 9:58pm
Msg #47845

Angelina I think you've crossing state lines to do signings

Sounds like some of the homes I've been to and people I've met. I love the ones that actually have a path to the table. Newspapers and stuff stacked 3 ft plus.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/26/05 12:14am
Msg #47874

Re: Angelina I think you've crossing state lines to do signings

How about chickens and their broods running around the living room pecking at the carpet for their lunch? and "things" hanging over the kitchen sink drying for dinner???? You don't even want to know what. There are things I cannot eat ever again.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/26/05 1:26am
Msg #47883

OMG I have totally been to the chicken house. I used to think chickens were so cute but they are by far the WORST SMELLING animal/bird ...whatever! I have never seen anything like it. I would have paid big money to see the appraisal notes.

Reply by CrystalT_FL on 6/26/05 10:30am
Msg #47911

Nope, ducks are worse ;-)

We actually have some of each, but they live OUTSIDE where they belong, and not near the house! And we don't eat them, they are pretty much pets. But seeing some of their habits will definitely alter your perception of the food chain!

I have also been to some locations where I swear I hear the theme song to "Deliverance" - "appraisal challenged" Im sure!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/26/05 10:55am
Msg #47914

I have done several signings in one area this week. Then today I read the newspaper and note that there is a Florida Panther roaming the area I was doing signings in!

Darn, wish I had seen it and had my camera with me!

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/26/05 12:30pm
Msg #47931

Re: Sylvia, hope your camera has a 12ga attached! n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/26/05 12:30pm
Msg #47932

Re: Sylvia, hope your camera has a 12ga attached! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.