Notary Rotary
This business takes patience...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by JanetK/CA on 6/4/05 6:04pm
Msg #42380

...and flexibility! Here's some of what I've experienced just in the last five days (these are all different borrowers):

* Interest rate on documents wrong. Docs were sent to borrower who waited until I got there to let me know. Rescheduled and completed later in week after redraw.
* Showed up at borrowers' home after confirming appt and no one there. Rescheduled to next day. (Wife supposedly got lost on the way home to the appt; husband works nearby, but 14-16 hrs/day...)
* Escrow made a mistake on vesting for DOT - not discovered until I arrived at borrowers. Called escrow; first told it was correct and to continue, then they called me back and said to stop the signing. (Date sensitive docs.) To be redrawn and rescheduled.
* Advised by SS that Sat aft. appt needs to be changed to Monday, since docs can't be dated until Monday. Lenders expected SS to request SA to postdate; they refused. (See? They're not all bad!) Rescheduled to Monday. (Also, where they said borrower was located is in a very different type of community than it actually is - I wouldn't go there at night!)
* Escrow mixed up two sets of docs and sent them to the wrong SA. Extra trip to FedEx to send them to other SA for Monday arrival. (I hope the other SA thought to send them "no signature required", since he'd already sent them by the time I talked to the SS about it!)
* Did a reverse mortgage with signature by mark for one borrower (person in advanced stages of a disease that affects motor control, but mentally fine). Heartbreaking! Took 2+ hours, though, what with witnesses, etc.

I'm sure I'll get at least a trip fee for the ones that needed rescheduling, but these are some reasons why I only do jobs for significantly more than $50 each...!

Reply by Me/NWI on 6/4/05 7:50pm
Msg #42401

Re: IT SURE DOES!

I AGREE we should always get TOP DOLLAR because these jobs can be a real HEADACHE and VERY time-consuming and ROYAL pains in the rear!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.