Notary Rotary
UPS
Notary Discussion History

UPS
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 6/21/05 1:28pm
Msg #46527

UPS

Isn't it free to get shipping packages/labels from UPS? I ordered some and they charged me for it.

Reply by lynn on 6/21/05 1:34pm
Msg #46529

I have ordered tons of labels from them and have never been charged. But I've had other problems with ups.

Reply by Sheila in San Jose CA on 6/21/05 1:46pm
Msg #46533

yes, it is free, since they merged with mailboxes etc. the independent owners do not want to part with their stash, I have even had them telll me they will not take a pre-paid envelope to dispatch, that I had to take it to UPS, they only mail stuff that is through their account. Luckily, my local lLongs drugstore ships UPS and Fedex, so I go there. I have gotten an envelope or two from them in a pinch. check your local office supply stores, they sometimes have drop boxes and supplies, or find your local UPS mail center.

Reply by rlogan-ca on 6/21/05 2:21pm
Msg #46539

I just got off the phone with them and I ordered legal sturdy paks. 25 in one pkg. No charge and they'll be shipped directly to me in one to two days.

Reply by BeccaWI on 6/21/05 3:08pm
Msg #46543

I just called and it actually is a shipping charge from a company. So at least I know the supplies are free!

Reply by db_IL on 6/21/05 3:17pm
Msg #46545

I've been there many times. In fact over the last 3 - 4 mos several shipping charges have been put on my account. I was told this was due to me using pre-addressed labels they just scan it, even though I filled in the "third party account number". After two calls I'm still trying to get 3 charges removed.

So now I've ordered plain/blank labels and just write everything in by hand. That has solved the problem for now. I still cringe when SS asks me to return UPS. I prefer FedEx anyday. So now when I here "What can brown do for you?" I think "Reading my shipping labels would be nice!"

Reply by db_IL on 6/21/05 3:19pm
Msg #46546

OOPS should be when I "hear" not "here" n/m

Reply by BeccaWI on 6/21/05 3:23pm
Msg #46548

LOLOLOL!! That is funny!! Sadly though, this was a hand written label!! I just must write really sloppy!

Reply by CindyinCA on 6/21/05 6:30pm
Msg #46619

Just ordered supplies on Friday and received them today and wasn't charged. Also, I call UPS for a pick up and they come to my door. If not at home, I leave the package on my front porch. Never had any problems. I do this with FedEx, too. It beats going to a drop box any time.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/21/05 7:01pm
Msg #46626

What was the fee? I ordered online today for the first time, my order invoice shows no fees.

Reply by BeccaWI on 6/21/05 8:37pm
Msg #46664

It actually turned out to be doc's that I sent to a lender, the account number was wrong!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.