Notary Rotary
Understanding Loan Documents
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Greg Harrison on 6/13/05 2:18pm
Msg #44317

Does anyone know of a good website that explains what all the loan documents mean? I would like to have a good general understanding of what each page in a set of loan documents really means so I can tell people when they ask. Please email to [e-mail address]
Thanks
Greg

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/13/05 2:23pm
Msg #44319

Use the search function

and find message 33325. All your questions will be answered:-)

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/13/05 2:29pm
Msg #44321

http://www.americannn.com/resources/resourcefs.html

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/13/05 2:40pm
Msg #44326

Greg
Go to the Signing Registry - www.signingregistry.info and buy their training guide. It has a sample of most of the loan docs you will encounter and there is also a script you can use when presenting loan docs to the borrower..

Reply by linda on 6/13/05 10:40pm
Msg #44464

Read the doc's. If only one at a time. You will understand them.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/14/05 3:17am
Msg #44490

Oh, oh. Sorry, linda, but no.

Loan documents are not necessarily easily understood. Sylvia's advice is (as ever!) good. Purchasing The Signing Registry's course is a very good route. Figuring out things by oneself is fraught with peril. (Just think about "percentage" and you'll see what I mean.)

Keeping in mind Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL), we cannot explain the documents, and for sure we can't presume to know all the implications just because we read them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.