Notary Rotary
What is it with Docs this month?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by AngelinaAZ on 6/23/05 11:08pm
Msg #47325

Is anybody having major problems with information integrity? What a bunch of messy and LATE packages I've gotten! (Missing info on HUDS, wrong venues, wrong addresses) I am waiting for my last one tonight.. it's been postponed and re-done three times already. I have been CRAZY and I'm sitting here with one package in my hands, staring at my E-mail waiting for this last friggin one... I'm supposed to be at one at 10:00 and another at 11:00 and if this sucker doesn't come through perfect I'll have to cancel and I hate to cancel. Tomorrow is booked at the Title Company, Saturday is booked solid and I have 2 for Sunday. I'm about a zillion lattes in for today and the EOM blues thing from Melody could not be more true right now. I think the lenders are holding these friggin things to the EOM just to participate in the 'crisis time'... half the borrowers I have couldn't give a crap if they sign tonight or next week and when they open the door in their pajamas with a beer in one hand I just want to grab it, suck it down and run!

If I get these done tonight I will have done 7 signings in one day from independent agencies.. which is a personal record. I am never going to do this again! What the hell was I thinking?

SO WHERE ARE MY DOCS?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/23/05 11:11pm
Msg #47327

I know - tonights signing had inconsistencies on the brw name throughout the docs - drove me nuts. Jane Anne Doe on TD, Jane A. Doe on grant deed. Who's preparing these things?

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/23/05 11:18pm
Msg #47333

Blame it on assembly line escrow factories and the mortgage prossesing plants.
All in a days work.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/23/05 11:20pm
Msg #47334

I thought the lender I was working with today was drunk... I swear... first the payoffs weren't in there... then the lender fee was wrong... and then the friggin Title fees were missing.

My docs are here.... print print print!!!

Reply by Jim_NJ on 6/24/05 1:36am
Msg #47356

Lately I seem to be experiencing low quality docs as well. In addition, more forum threads are complaining about this. I assume they are hiring inexperienced preparers and doing less QA to keep costs low. I received a package last week that had 9 copies of the RTC in each set. 9 copies? I can't figure that out since normally only 3 are needed for each spouse, occasionally 4. However the real mistake was that the husband/borrower was the only name on all 9. There were none for the wife even though she is required to sign her own copies.

I have had two signings in the last week with overnight docs that required corrected docs via email even as the package was in transit. I am now requiring $1/page extra for corrected docs when they are not already paying for e-Docs. It is not an unreasonable fee and I usually get the OK. The alternative is getting to the signing and discovering fundamental document flaws in front of the borrowers. Document preparation is becoming rushed, late, unchecked and typographically haphazard.

I think the title companies and SS’s could spend less time micromanaging the notary agents and more time proofreading the actual documents. That entire notary QA effort (fax backs, 4+ pages of threatening instructions, etc.) is rather useless if the documents themselves contain errors.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/24/05 3:22am
Msg #47372

Re: SO TRUE Jim.

**Document preparation is becoming rushed, late, unchecked and typographically haphazard.**

What's buggin' me is that there has been at least three instances in the past week that I have printed and made a trip, sat down with the borrowers and got a call from the TC to say... hold up we have a problem. Yikes! Then they want to pay a trip fee for the one and another fee for the second. I don't like it.

I'm having a real heartburn with the trip fees! I get the story of... well you didn't have to spend the time with the borrowers so yada yada yada. My problem is this... especially from the 15th - 25th, I get booked up and turn down opportunities for prime slots in the day. If one of these prime spots cancels at the table because of Lender or TC error, I am out the opportunity to make a full fee on accurate docs. I'm not in this to waste my time.

I am fighting this but I am losing... and with accuracy becoming more and more of a problem, it's really ticking me off!

I don't mind eating a little here and there for my good 'regulars', but not for the run of the mill agencies that I hear from once every two months in crunch time that take 6 weeks to pay!!

I did it by the way. 7 signings in a day! YAHOOOOOO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.