Notary Rotary
fee for 2nd mortgage
Notary Discussion History

fee for 2nd mortgage
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/16/05 9:59pm
Msg #45381

fee for 2nd mortgage

In northern CA. will any of you accept to do a 1st and piggy back from Di-tech in your hometown for $75.00? Pacific Document Signing(from L.A.) offered me $75.00 for this, I told them I could do it for $90.00, (which I think it was still low considering that there is about 14 docs needed to fax back for approval and on top of that another handful from the piggy back that would easily be near 30pages to fax back). The girl said the most she could offer me was $80.00, I said sorry but I can't do it. Anyone think I was asking to much, or are they not wanting to pay what we should be getting paid. The girl got rude with me and quickly said o.k.thanks and hung up before I could say anything else. They have usually been very nice, but then again I have never put down one of their offers. I would like someones opinion on this and thanks for your time.--Mary in CA.

Reply by peterole_MN on 6/16/05 10:39pm
Msg #45394

I charge at least 25.00 for the piggy backer. However, lately doc packages have been getting thicker and thicker so may raise the fee. It seems like they want to add everything in their catalog. Today I had a double loan pkg and each set numbered 94 pages. No fax backs. I printed the docs and copies and charged 170.00. The distance to the job was 22 miles rt. Lately I have been watching the mileage factor...I reported earlier that Motor Trend magazine stated that the per mile cost for a mid sized car is about 56 cents. That includes depreciation, gas, period services, insurance, etc. I limited travel of 30 miles rt in my base fee, then add more for longer trips. My car is not available for a free ride by people/businesses that are making good profits. I too want to make a profit, ever be so small.

Reply by Rick - WA on 6/16/05 11:00pm
Msg #45400

I won't tack anything less than 125.00. and I usually get it. 90.00 sounds mighty low.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/16/05 11:44pm
Msg #45414

Thank you both, Peterole and Rick, for your responses. I did think $90.00 was a bit low, but since this week was very slow for me I thought I could do one signing for a low price. Hopefully anyone doing singings for Pacific Document signings can also stand firm on our prices so we can all get better paid. -- Have a nice weekend Everyone--Mary in CA.

Reply by anonymous on 6/17/05 12:07am
Msg #45419

I am a new notary and I am undecided about what base fee I should set. I need the experiece but I don't want to set too under the market for southern calif.-- any ideas?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.