Notary Rotary
help - first signing and have a few questions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by YANI/FL on 6/24/05 9:48am
Msg #47425

I am doing my first closing tonight for Chase and am nervous. 1. The Transfer of Serving Disclosure does not have the borrower's name printed on it but has "Acknowledgment of Mortgage Loan Applicant" I/we have read this disclosure form, and understand its contents...." I assume she must sign this but do I need to notarize it ....there is no section for a notary. 2. The Application for P.A.I.D. Program only gets signed if she wants to do this? 3. Does she sign the Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure Statement? 4. There is an Assignment of Mortgage - She doesn't sign this right? 5. There is a Dear homeowner letter to be signed by lender but there is an acknowledgment on the side - does she sign this. Thanks anyone for there help!!!!

Reply by call on 6/24/05 9:58am
Msg #47427

Call the person who assigned you, the title company or signing company with any and all questions.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/24/05 9:58am
Msg #47428

>>> 1. The Transfer of Serving Disclosure does not have the borrower's name printed on it but has "Acknowledgment of Mortgage Loan Applicant" I/we have read this disclosure form, and understand its contents...." I assume she must sign this but do I need to notarize it ....there is no section for a notary. <<<

Yes, the borrower signs it. No, it does not get notarized. Cardinal Rule: If there is no notary certificate on a document, and no instructions to attach one, it does not get notarized. Whether a signature is notarized or not is not a decision you make. It must be made by the author, custodian or recipient of the document

>>> 2. The Application for P.A.I.D. Program only gets signed if she wants to do this? <<<

Correct.

>>> 3. Does she sign the Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure Statement? <<<

Absolutely.

>>>4. There is an Assignment of Mortgage - She doesn't sign this right? <<<

Correct.

>>>5. There is a Dear homeowner letter to be signed by lender but there is an acknowledgment on the side - does she sign this.<<<

Huh? I don't know what you mean by "an acknowledgment on the side". On the side of what? Typically the letter is from the lender to the borrower/owner. And doesn't have a notary certificate. Even if it did, the borrower doesn't normally sign these "welcome" letters. If you want, you can fax it to me (813-779-2865) with your contact phone number and I will call you to discuss this document.

Reply by yani/fl on 6/24/05 10:22am
Msg #47432

Thank you so much.....I am faxing you the document.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.