Notary Rotary
huh?
Notary Discussion History

huh?
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by anonymous on 6/19/05 12:09pm
Msg #46025

huh?

I went to a refi signing. There was a grant deed in the package that transferred title from the borrowers to the borrowers. There were no name changes, no one going on or off title, etc. What was all that about? Does this make sense? I had them sign and I notarized it just to be safe. They, of course, couldn't reach their LO to ask. It was at night.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/19/05 12:31pm
Msg #46027

Did you look at the entire grantor/grantee vesting?

Maybe they were changing the way they held title:

1. Husband/Wife as joint tenants to Husband/Wife as community property
2. Husband/Wife as community property to Husband/Wife as community property with right of survivorship

The manner of how title is held can and will affect how the property is handled upon death/divorce/loss of competency, etc.

Reply by anonymous on 6/19/05 12:40pm
Msg #46031

Re: Did you look at the entire grantor/grantee vesting?

Yes. Vesting was the same - from joint tenants to joint tenants.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/19/05 12:46pm
Msg #46033

Re: Did you look at the entire grantor/grantee vesting?

Maybe to correct the legal description on original deed? that's the only other reason I can think of.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to open the door even a slight crack for a re-assessment of property by the county assessor by a new deed..... go figure.

Reply by Roberta/OR on 6/19/05 1:25pm
Msg #46038

Re: A question along this same line..re: vesting?

Is it possible/legal for Title/lender to change the way a borrower is vesting on a refi????
I have seen this under refi conditions and have done many searches, attempting to find an answer......
Can this be done (change vesting) without the borrower even being asked????
It just does not seem right to me????

Thank you for your replies

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/19/05 7:03pm
Msg #46075

No to first question, and no to second question. An owner has to sign a deed to change vesting.

Reply by Roberta/OR on 6/19/05 7:08pm
Msg #46077

Thank you for your response.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 6/20/05 5:19pm
Msg #46278

Perhaps one of them took title by themselves, later got married and now they need to have it put in both their names, therefore, it looks like it is coming and going to the same people

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.