Notary Rotary
paying shipping
Notary Discussion History

paying shipping
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by pikalu on 6/21/05 9:51am
Msg #46465

paying shipping

Hi, I had a quick question on delivering docs. I have only done a few were I have to fed ex them back, usually I do alot of in office in my area. Recently I did one were they did not give me an account #, so I paid for the docs to go back to title. My q's is , should they be paying for this every time or will there be times were I do. Thanks for any feed back.

Reply by anonymous on 6/21/05 9:53am
Msg #46468

no, they pay every time........

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/21/05 9:54am
Msg #46469

We never pay for shipping...if there is no account number in your closing packet, call them and get one.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/21/05 10:03am
Msg #46477

American Title out of the Orlando-area expects you to pay for shipping and they won't tell you before hand. I was told it was MY responsibility to get the docs back to them the day after an 11pm closing @ EOM. Yeah-right, I'm gonna drive 2hrs to get docs back for a loan that won't fund for four days. They flat out refused to give me an account #. Watch out!

*Note to all - If this ever happens to you, just check to "bill receiver" box and drop the pkg. without the acct. #.

Thanks PAW Smiley

Reply by Jenni on 6/21/05 10:13am
Msg #46483

That's right, I've done it also!

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/21/05 10:18am
Msg #46486

That only works if you don't put your name in the "shipped from" portion. Put the return address the same as the "send to" address. If they don't have an account number, they will bill you for it. I learned that the hard way when I first started out in this business. Not only do they bill you for the charges, but they tack on an additional fee for using an "incorrect" account number.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/21/05 10:23am
Msg #46491

**Another Note to all - NEVER put your info. in the sender portion of an airbill. Always put the receivers info.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/21/05 1:29pm
Msg #46528

At the risk of showing nievity... Why?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/21/05 4:15pm
Msg #46558

I dunno, Becca. I do all my airbills online, using the company name and address. In the 10+ years doing it that way, I can honestly say I have not been billed for a shipment that I didn't expect to be billed for, except once. (Not counting the times I enter the recipients account number incorrectly. My bad.)

So why do so emphatically state "NEVER put your info. in the sender portion"?

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/21/05 5:36pm
Msg #46603

Call me paranoid, I guess.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/21/05 1:59pm
Msg #46535

Not if you don't have an account # listed they won't

bill receiver. I got a bill from Fed Ex from a signing that I had not filled out the receiver's account number, but still checked bill receiver.

I called and they eventually billed them, but I sure got a lecture from the Fed Ex rep.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/21/05 4:00pm
Msg #46554

Never say "never"! I actually have two accounts (both correspondent lenders) which I pay shipping. Of course, I charge them a flat $25 for S&H, though the charges may be less than that, but only once, has it been more.

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/21/05 10:14am
Msg #46484

All-American Escrow and Title in Freeport, IL also does not give you a shipping account number, but they request that you add shipping charges when you quote your fee to them. They reimburse you in your fee. They are very good to work for and pay promptly.

Reply by anonymous on 6/21/05 10:25am
Msg #46492

Re: paying shipping-I too learned the hard way

My very first work order I did, noe return envelope or account #, I like a fool paid for it, but I soon wised up, never again! You may make a donkey of me once but if you make a donkey of me twice, shame on me!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/21/05 10:26am
Msg #46493

You should always be provided with an account number. I f you are not provided with it, then call for it. Never go in to your own pocket for it. Title companies budget for the courier fees on the HUD statement.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/21/05 11:12am
Msg #46507

Re: paying shipping..They should pay on a usual signing! n/m

Reply by DellaCA on 6/21/05 12:33pm
Msg #46517

I have had a couple of lenders that told me to include it in my fee so I was happy to ,they payed well. But the rest it is always included ,if not call and ask for an account.

Reply by pikalu on 6/21/05 4:39pm
Msg #46569

Thank you very much to all of you guys!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.