Notary Rotary
problem
Notary Discussion History

problem
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by tnotary on 6/27/05 2:07pm
Msg #48195

problem

I have a signing nightmare. I recieved loand docs by email for a signing in saturday. They then faxed over a amended closing statement for the borrower to sign. I went to the signing and everything went smooth, all docs were done correctly. Monday morning I get a phone call from the signing company telling me that I was missing the other 19 pages to the closing statement amendment. I told him that I only recieved one page and he didn't sound convinced but he was nice about it. I told him that I would go and have the other 19 pages signed at my expense and he agreed. I call the borrower to set up an appointment today so I can overnight them and they are out of town till tomorrow. I call the company back to see of they still want me take care of it and they told me they qould find out what was going on and call me back. This was my first time qorking with this company and I have been a notary for month. Everything I thought went smooth until this crap. Will they ever use me again and how does this effect the borrower?

Reply by anonymous on 6/27/05 2:19pm
Msg #48198

I don't mean to be critical, but in reading your post I couldn't help but notice a number of spelling errors. When I read something like this, it makes me wonder about the quality of one's work. I think with regards to the company in question calling you again, only time will tell. This post is meant to be helpful, perhaps double and triple checking your work might be a good idea. I also know as we post we don't always read our post before hitting the button but do be sure to, when working with loan docs. Very important to produce perfect work. Thank you

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/27/05 5:31pm
Msg #48250

Re: problem - Oh for Pete's sake, anonymous...

Oh for Pete's sake, anonymous...

The person had a couple of typos...if you are going to criticize typos for the greater good, you should drop your "superior other" anon cloke and tell them straight up...and, maybe why they should listen to you. For all we (the readers) know...well...you could be a convict imprisoned in Huntsville, Texas.

From someone with a name (and you obviously logged in to hide your identity) your comments might be a helpful hint from a respected person, but it's not helpful when an Anonymous Spelling Policeman disdains to drop in and tell someone they need to check their typing. I don't like poor grammar and spelling either, but at least the person was not saying "Can u help 4 newbie?"

Some folks' mommas have purportedly said "if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything."

This momma says "If you aren't going to stand behind what you say with your name, it's superfluous cow dung."

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/27/05 5:42pm
Msg #48254

Bravo!.........n/m

Reply by Markita-MI on 6/27/05 5:58pm
Msg #48258

Re: problem - Oh for Pete's sake, anonymous...

You tell him/her, Brenda! I like that "superfluous cow dung"...
I will definitely use that....

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/27/05 11:33pm
Msg #48374

Re: AMEN sister!!! n/m

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/27/05 2:20pm
Msg #48199

Did you use Efax?

or some other service when they faxed you the title docs? The reason I'm asking is that I use K7 for faxed docs and the viewer that I use will only print the 1st page unless I specify it to print all.

I knew, however, that title docs consist of quite a few pages, so I fooled around with it until they printed out.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/27/05 6:05pm
Msg #48262

I think you've done all you can do to fix it. Let it rest and move on from there. I am impressed that you would agreed to go do the 19 pages on your dime. They should be also.

As far as how it will affect the borrower, I don't know, exactly. These documents might be okay to follow.

And, the truth of it all is that the company you are working for may not have even sent them in the first place.

Reply by tnotary on 6/27/05 6:24pm
Msg #48267

Thank you for all of your help. I guess time will tell how things will turn out. I am waiting to see if they will want me to meet up with the borrower or if they will find someone else to fix this.

Reply by MsRobboPA on 6/27/05 7:13pm
Msg #48284

Hey Brenda you made a typo!!! Should I make an issue of it??? Maybe anonymous might have something to add.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/28/05 5:57am
Msg #48398

Re: problem-MsRobbo - pls do...

Thank you. Smiley

I would appreciate you being on top of any issues with my typos. The busier I get, the more I make them on this forum. There's a difference between typos and clear indifference to spelling. Indifference to spelling is not good, of course, but if you want to be critical, be critical so everyone knows who you are.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/28/05 8:04am
Msg #48406

Re: Ms. Robo

I type for a living -- in fact, it's my other biz. My clients pay, expect and get 100% error-free work. However, my postings here are not error-free because I'm here on the fly, literally, flying through. I'm typing while my mind is 10 different places. So if you want to make an issue and throw stones, throw them at everyone, BUT just make certain you don't live in a glass house, or make certain the glass is plexiglass that doesn't break and shatter.

Reply by Terri_CA on 6/27/05 6:45pm
Msg #48271

This has happened to me recently. Phoned the next day/afternoon, I didn't get a doc signed. Huh, check the files that were sent to me, nope didn't receive that one. SS was nice. I told them, I didn't even get it/them after I left for the appointment, as I surely would have printed it and taken it.

I didn't offer to go back out paid or unpaid, mostly junk escrow/title docs that can be overnighted to borrowers, they can sign, and ship 'em back, no notarizations required.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/27/05 6:49pm
Msg #48273

Texas title docs require notarizations...all of them do, I think.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.