Notary Rotary
1320tn
Notary Discussion History

1320tn
Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 7/20/06 6:47pm
Msg #134307

1320tn

I have been using refills for the printer the last time I refilled the top light came on and will not go out,since I am not using hp toner cartridge I can't use tool box to find out what the light is all about. It is also making a lot of noise while printing any sugestions maybe the drum?

Reply by JM_NY on 7/20/06 7:25pm
Msg #134308

Why can't you use tools. I don't think it will know. Try it.

Reply by DellaCa on 7/20/06 7:47pm
Msg #134310

Tools will not work when I do not have an hp toner for some reason

Reply by Howie35CT on 7/20/06 8:30pm
Msg #134315

Don't know about the noise, but the light is directly associated with the chip that comes with the toner cartridge. As long as you keep refilling it, the printer does not know that there is toner since it has already sensed it "low" due to the amount of paper output. This light will stay on, but is in now way reflective of how much toner is in your cartridge now that you have refilled it. The only way the light will extinguish is to purchase a new toner cartridge that has a new sensor chip in it.

Happy printing!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.