Notary Rotary
1st signing - need encouragement
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Valerie Green on 7/14/06 7:00am
Msg #133116

I have my first signing today. It's a purchase, buyer and seller. Can anyone give me some "dos" and "don't's"

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/14/06 7:10am
Msg #133118

You need to know HUDs very well.
Start with the seller
Then do buyer.

I would not have accepted a buyer/seller for my first signing, but I am not criticizing you for doing so. Just plan on lots of documents.

I hope you charged $200 for it, at least.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 7/14/06 8:28am
Msg #133129

I wish you the best in your first assignment, but I agree with Brenda.... Personally, I wouldn't have taken on a purchase as my first assignment...

I actually waited until I had more than one-hundred refi signings under my belt before I took my first purchase.... and even then I was nervous as hell... lol

Ah..... the good old days!

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/14/06 8:47am
Msg #133132

I just did my first one this week. Not to bad but I couldn't have done it as my first.
You don't say if you have Mortgage experience or not.

I should be available all morning. Call me when you get the doc's if you need any help. I'll be glad to help you if I can.
Beverly

Reply by PL on 7/14/06 8:55am
Msg #133135

Deep breath and Damn the torpedoes.

You'll be fine. Pay attention, take your time and exude an air of confidence and Bam you'll be done. Good luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.