Notary Rotary
Anons all gone-This might prove to be extremely interesting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/9/06 11:18am
Msg #131895

OK so I guess I need to click each time I post to get my LKArrowhead name on or else it goes to my default unless I change my default to LKArrowhead......hummmmmm
I'm curious if all the anons will stop posting or go ahead a reveal their identity, of course we wouldn't know who they were anyway. I have seldom cared one way or another if one chooses to post anon, it has always been the content of the message for me. However with no choice now and everyone is out of the closet......lets see some true identity, giving this more thought then it actually deserves I guess, one could simply take a handle and that could be as good as say anon1, anon2 or anon3.
NotRot is forever changing......and change is good.....

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/9/06 11:31am
Msg #131905

I give Harry credit for at least attempting. The only way to really fix it is to set it up that you must use your real name, your state and link to your profile to post. jmo

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/9/06 11:40am
Msg #131910

Re: Well, I'm ok with that too.....but I love using LkA n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/9/06 11:42am
Msg #131912

Re: Well, I'm ok with that too.....but I love using LkA

LkArrowhd CA is part of your "branding." Keep it up. It's smart.

Reply by John_NorCal on 7/9/06 2:56pm
Msg #131951

Re: Well, I'm ok with that too.....but I love using LkA

Another point too is that there are users with the same name on this board. For instance there is another person with my name but in a different part of Cal. OMG, hope there aren't two of us! But mandatory links to profiles strikes me as being a good idea.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/9/06 3:49pm
Msg #131959

Re: Well, I'm ok with that too.....about mandatory links

**But mandatory links to profiles strikes me as being a good idea.**

Sadly enough, I have to agree that it's probably going to come to this as the anons with a brain cell or two will figure the way around this and the IP won't even show.

Obviously, I don't know everyone who prefers to avoid posting with their handle linked to their profile but I know these (who are all women) have their reasons:

1) One thin-skinned, albeit very good contributor...a person who wants to be blunt and to the point and currently uses a name which is clearly not the same sex as they are.
2) We'll lose a couple of posters who feel they have been stalked when they link their profile
3) a valued contributing poster who will choose not to share her full identity because professional reasons
4) Another two women I can think of right off the bat who choose to not have their information available to everyone.

I figure CaliNotary will post what he posts with or without his name linked and currently does not do so because for a long time such an issue has been made of it...but I don't know that for a fact, I'm just rattling.

It's so danged unfortunate that a handful of pizz ants arrived and found this a fertile ground for their antics. To steal a little bit from another in a personal email, these types probably have a whiteboard mounted by their desk to keep up with some kind of perverse little scoring system.

A final thought is that some will be determined to post without their true ID. I predict if that happens Harry's system will be flooded with pseudo profiles of basic members with fake names. This is the prohibitive factor which I see from the moderator's point of view. No good deed ever, EVER goes unpunished.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 7/9/06 12:34pm
Msg #131923

I agree with you Lawrence 100% n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/9/06 3:07pm
Msg #131955

Anonomonsters gone? What great news! n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 7/9/06 3:55pm
Msg #131962

Re: Thank you Harry for removing the "Anon" ability n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/9/06 10:20pm
Msg #132005

Why is it...

I have Ding Dong the Whitch is Dead as an ear worm today?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/10/06 11:00am
Msg #132060

Re: Why is it...

that makes 2 of us, Becca!
I am soooo pleased Harry has pursued this.
It's a shame he had to.
BTW, if anyone finds out where the trolls go, keep it to yourself, LOL.
This is the first time in a month I have really enjoyed reading the posts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.