Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Bargain for payment due? Anyone else get this?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Raimond on 7/20/06 10:30pm
Msg #134337

Received this e-mail today....

"Hello Ray,

I have been doing some “spring cleaning” in the accounting department, trying to stay organized and on top of all our payments. I have found many of our invoices without pay stubs, and have inquired about them with our escrow officers. Some of the escrow officers are very fast in responding, others may take a while to research payments.

However, I hate to keep you waiting any longer for payment, so I have a couple options for you to choose. I can either, send a check now for a print and trip fee ($60) until I hear back from the escrow officer, in which case, depending on if the signing actually closed or not, I could send you the remainder of the payment or call it even. Or, you can choose to wait on payment all together, until I hear back from the escrow officer.

Please let me know how you would like me to handle your payment. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and patience!

Thank you,

Name removed- Bookkeeper"

Pay me for print and trip fee for a loan they know good and well funded without a problem.

This invoice is at 25 days but they now want to bargain over the payment. They have found a new way to get a better deal. This would amount to a $45 signing and $25 print fee.

I plan on calling them tomorrow to let them know I do not plan to settle for this fes.

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/20/06 10:35pm
Msg #134342

Send them copies of the recorded DOT's as proof that the loan closed and let them know that you expect payment in full. Their accounting issues are not your problem.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 7/20/06 11:16pm
Msg #134363

Well, I would tell them that I expect payment for the agreed upon fee listed on the confirmation.

Any correspondence you send them be sure you send it return recept requested so you get a signature. Send the demand for payment like you would any other deadbeat 30, 60, or 90 days. I let them know that after 90 days, it is my policy for the account to go to small claims or collection ...

Good Luck

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/20/06 10:41pm
Msg #134349

Agree with Becca. n/m

Reply by christiSocal on 7/20/06 11:06pm
Msg #134358

nice little scam! n/m

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 7/22/06 4:42am
Msg #134641

Do not accept the proffered trip and print fee. It may give rise to a defense known as accord and satisfaction, and may make it difficult to collect the balance. Make demand for the full amount of your fee. Actually the message you received works to your benefit because it is an admission that you have not been paid which when combined with your confirmation will make it very difficult for your opponant to prevail in collection.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.