Notary Rotary
Best Aggie joke ever
Notary Discussion History

Best Aggie joke ever
Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 7/22/06 10:39pm
Msg #134791

Best Aggie joke ever

Two Aggies were working for the city public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one Aggie digging a hole, the other filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting into your work, but I don't get it -- why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped her brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the Aggie who plants the trees called in sick."

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/22/06 10:52pm
Msg #134793

This really is getting pretty tiresome n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 7/22/06 11:25pm
Msg #134799

Re: O/T = Off Topic n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/23/06 5:39am
Msg #134821

It's waaaaaay past tiresome

Of course, saying something about is rude and immature, while continuing to post this OT minutia is apparently perfectly adult like and acceptable.

Reply by RickinVA on 7/23/06 9:39am
Msg #134832

Guess I gotta chime in here. I personally feel that an occasional joke is good for the morale, not to mention that lots of them go into my personal emailing. What I don't understand is someone complaining about Hugh's jokes, but then posts some inane stuff like the toilet paper in a poor girls bra that a local school jock comments about.
My unsolicited suggestion: Read the posters name, and then, forever after, don't read his posts. Everyone has the right to not like something. This place would be dull, albeit educational, but dull, with out SOME humor.

Rick

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/23/06 9:55am
Msg #134833

Rick, To Clarify

What is missing is "OT" in the thread title. Harry has asked us to put an "OT" in the title so that those who aren't interested in off topic subjects can just skip the thread. It's really not a hard thing to do. But despite Harry's rules and guidelines and our efforts at reminding Hugh of the so simple to type OT, Hugh just can't seem to bring himself to do it.

Does Hugh dance to his own drum? Is he just a defiant ol toot? Is there music in his head guiding his choices? Is he reliving teenage rebellion? Or does he just not give a spit? Go figure that one out. Your guess is as good as mine.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 7/23/06 10:49am
Msg #134835

Re: Rick, To Clarify

I appreciate a good joke, and the compliants have nothing to do with the content of the original post. But, in light of all the recent daily drama Harry did ask that anything not pertaining to notary business be marked as O/T for Off Topic. Their are the majority that abide by this, and the few they seem to march to their own drum no matter how many times the OT has been mentioned to them!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/23/06 11:39am
Msg #134841

Re: Rick, To Clarify

I don't even really care about the O/T label. It's clear enough from the heading what's inside.

How many of us have some rambling old man somewhere in our lives who thinks he's much funnier than he really is, and tells stupid joke after stupid joke to prove it? Every single time you see him? This has become the online version of that annoying guy.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/23/06 12:07pm
Msg #134844

Cali- Kinda reminds me of the "Old Guy at the Club"

Chris Rock talks about in one of his comedy acts. Sometimes you have to look the other way.

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/23/06 1:57pm
Msg #134857

Cali!

Not only that, but if I read one more b.s. story about this platinum blond or that fiery redhead, I'm going to gouge my eyes out. LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! (sorry, I think I got my annoying poster habits mixed up).

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/23/06 1:51pm
Msg #134856

"I personally feel that an occasional joke is good for the morale"

I agree, Rick. But this isn't an occassional joke. It's one after another, day after day after day, with an actual notary post thrown in once a month.

From Harry's post: ...off-topic posts are out-of-control (e.g. word association, birthdays, jokes, anecdotes, etc.), making important issues increasingly difficult to locate.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.