Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Certified Signing Services - Threatens to BLACKLIST ME !!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:07am
Msg #130853

Read Contract and work order very carefully. They pay nothing if they cancel and only a small percentage for no show/sign situations and part of printfee. Read the completion part of their web site too. I cancelled the night prior - when i received the very one sided confirmation - now they say they will post my name to a DO NOT CALL list they distribute to 500 clients. READ their contract and work order very carefully - most notaries will decide their low fee and rules are not worth the time of a professional.

Email Interchange:

No problem: you are now on our Do Not Call List. This list is circulated to over 500 of our clients who will also add you to their Do Not Call List.

In a message dated 7/4/2006 11:12:32 P.M. Central Standard Time, [e-mail address] writes:
Message from: Kenneth A Edelstein
Phone:
Email: [e-mail address]

Comments:
Find someone else for Burton. I cannot accept your contract, the closing confirmation, the additional signing instructions, and most of all the fee schedule for cancellations.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 11:15am
Msg #130854

Assuming this post is for real (because you can never tell) this sounds more like blackmail than anything. You don't accept their terms and they circulate your name to 500 companies saying to put you on their "do not call list?"

I do not believe the owner of this company is "down" with this kind of frivolous behavior. She's got enough legal background (law school and a paralegal) to know this is not the way to do business.

Contact her directly. Her name is Cassondra Parker. If Ms. Parker is the person who issued this email, or knows about this email, I'd be surprised. She's a sharp business woman. I have had my issues with her and I have felt that while she was tenacious, she was not stupid.

This kind of threat is just stupid to put in writing.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:26am
Msg #130862

My post is authentic and very real and i would be willing to forward the email (complete with headers for authentication) to anyone who requests it. Kenneth A Edelstein [e-mail address]

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 11:29am
Msg #130863

Kenneth - my prefacing disclaimer was nothing more than a disclaimer. As I said, Ms. Parker knows a lot about the law. I wanted to make sure I left no issues for her to take with me.

You do not have to forward it to me. Please do not read any more into the disclaimer than what I state in this post.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:32am
Msg #130865

No offense taken. I just wanted to say that I am Kenneth A Edelstein, this DID happen to me, and I can forward the theat Email (with headers from the sender) to anyone who needs proof.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:49am
Msg #130872

I left a message for Ms. Parker with Jessica who answers the phone. Jessica tells me that Ms. Parker is "in and out".

It is stupid to both put in writing and also to DO.

I did nothing to them but refuse to accept a VERY one sided contract. The same contract that they probably quote when reducing the notaries pay.

One small quote from the closing confirmation - which is to be signed by the Notary.

"I understand that should a delay occur that is beyond my control, that I am still responsible for closing this loan and that I am to IMMEDIATELY notify Certified Signing Services, Inc. of my inability to close this loan at the appointed time."

Thus I am asked to agree that if the doc's arrive hours late I "am still responsible" - by signing such a statement I would be accepting unlimited responsibility and probably liability.

This is on the confirmation - not an ad hoc email - Take Care and read all they send you.......

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 11:54am
Msg #130874

***"I understand that should a delay occur that is beyond my control, that I am still responsible for closing this loan and that I am to IMMEDIATELY notify Certified Signing Services, Inc. of my inability to close this loan at the appointed time."

Thus I am asked to agree that if the doc's arrive hours late I "am still responsible" - by signing such a statement I would be accepting unlimited responsibility and probably liability.****

Ken, I told you she was a legal eagle. They want you to sign their contract before you can get paid. I don't do that with any company. This kind of statement is exactly why I don't. I love the ones that say you can never work for one of their clients directly no matter what. Too late. I already do...no can sign.

Thank you for bringing this information to everyone's attention.

Reply by Sammy on 7/5/06 12:05pm
Msg #130877

Kenneth

Kenneth,

You sure don't have to send me the email you received. I believe you . After all the nonsense I've seen over the years of doing this job. lol It would be very hard to surprise me . The "am still responsible" statement makes me want to roll on the floor laughing . We are independent contractors , if we ran our business in such a fashion we would be out-of-business in short order. I applaud you for declining their assignment .

Trust me contacting the owner may or may not be of use . She already knows her policies and how her staff conducts themselves .

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 3:52pm
Msg #130913

Re: Certified Signing Services - Threatens to BLACKLIST ME !

I have the same threat from Casondra in writing. I believe this post is totally real.

Reply by Sammy on 7/5/06 11:17am
Msg #130855

Kenneth,

Any adult who threatens Anyone the way you have been threatned should tell you everything you will ever need to know about them . Kenneth you do have the right to accept or decline an assignment . That's the bottom line . I would like to think any clear think adult would lend no credibility to their "No call list."

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:29am
Msg #130864

I feel the same way. Thank you for your comment. I have dont over a thousand jobs - I do this full time and professionally. I would be happy to fax to anyone the documents I found offensive so they can draw their own conclusions. Kenneth A Edelstein [e-mail address]

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/5/06 11:47am
Msg #130871

Ken, do what Brenda suggested and contact the owner of the company to see where she stands. Putting someone on their own do not call list is fine, but to circulate your name to 500 companies does sound like blackmail not blacklisted.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 11:58am
Msg #130876

Message left with Jessica - for Ms. Parker to call me. I am also sending the threat email to my attorney. Blackmail indeed, all because I would not accept their terms!!! Beware notaries when they call you....... It's not like I did a cancel at the last minute. The job was for Noon the next day and I responded (by phone and fax) my rejection the prior night. I faxed them the documents with my objections noted - This was to be an EDOC job so I am NOT holding documents (in that case (fedex docs) i would deliver them to the borrower) for someone else to deal with. I consider delivered docs MY responsibility to "pass along" in such a manner as to NOT obstruct the borrower's funding. BUT, after prompt (and free) delivery, I would opt out.

Reply by patricia on 7/5/06 11:47am
Msg #130870

Re: what I have done

when I received a confirmation with terms that are unacceptable I contact the company and tell them I will complete the signing only if they agree to my terms. I explain that this is on a one time basis. In the future they will have to find someone else who will accept their terms.
That way I dont turn them down flat. They have usually accept this and if not they need to find someone else.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 11:57am
Msg #130875

Re: what I have done - excellent, my basic response also n/m

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 12:08pm
Msg #130879

Re: what I have done

Good procedures - I would have done the same but they were closed. Also it was to be edoc in the morning thus i was not "holding" docs. So i both faxed and phoned my refusal after reading the "work order". It was so very one sided (be happy to fax you a copy) that I really doubt they would be able to agree to an acceptable agreement. Your method works find and i have done the same IF/WHEN they are still reachable on the phone.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 12:52pm
Msg #130895

Re: Css - For SHERRY / SLB Signings

Interesting Sherry - read the thread to get the gist of it...

I did a google.com search for "cassondra parker" as I was going to try to find her email address for Ken. Seems like it was [e-mail address]. I thought I had it on my computer from a long time ago, but apparently not.

When this link came up the first entry was the entry which started as SLB Signing Services - Now, wait before anyone thinks I am saying they are one and the same. NO. I am not saying that...Sherry, as an NR community contributor might want to know this. It's just an interesting side note, that's all.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GWYA%2CGWYA%3A2006-13%2CGWYA%3Aen&q=%22cassondra+parker%22[

FROM GOOGLE:

PDF] SLB SIGNING SERVICES Page 1 CERTIFIED SIGNING SERVICES, INC. RE ... - 11:40amFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Cassondra Parker. 521 N Sam Houston Pkwy, Ste 624 Houston, TX 77060 Tel: ... Cassondra Parker. CONTRACTOR. Date: ________________________________ ...
www.expressdocsink.com/ CertifiedSigningServicesRevisedContract.pdf - Supplemental Result - Similar pages

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 4:46pm
Msg #130924

OMG....That is MY CONTRACTORS PACKET that she is using ( modified version) but the exact same forms AND verbage that we use!!! This name (Cassondra Parker) sounds extremely famiiar (like someone I contracted with when I first started SLB)...

And for inquiring minds...no we are not one in the same as I am sure that Ken can back me on this whereas I believe he has worked with us as well.

Now what on earth can I do because I do not want our name associated with this mess..???

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 5:04pm
Msg #130929

This form was created on April 2000. Not sure when your packet was created, but you may contact Ms. Parker directly...please contact our corporate office 1-866-397-3627 ask for Misty and she will give you Ms. Parker's cell phone number.

And you are correct, Certified Signing Services, Inc...or (Parker Paralegal Services, Inc) was formed and incorporated on December 12, 1997.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 5:27pm
Msg #130935

Whats even more interesting...

this Cassondra has in her contract...the laws of the State of Florida shall govern this contract....funny she is in Texas and I am in Florida...My attorney is going to have a field day with this situation!!

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 5:36pm
Msg #130939

Re: Whats even more interesting...

Ms. Parker and her other office is located in Florida. Her corporate office is located in Texas.

Please have your attorney contact her directly should you have any questions.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 5:57pm
Msg #130953

Cassondra just contacted me personally..... n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/5/06 6:25pm
Msg #130957

And what did she have to say? n/m

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 6:57pm
Msg #130970

Here is what she had to say....

She said that she wasnt the one that created her contractors packet (some marketing firm apparently did). She is supposed to be removing the contractors packet from her website and will look into the matter. In addition, she stated they she would contact Google and attempt to dis-associate my companies name with her website. I don't know if this will work because the whole reason that SLB SIGNING SERVICES is coming up is because whomever stole my packet neglected to change the properties of the document that they were copying...I am trusting that Ms. Parker will get to the bottom of this whereas I would prefer not to be linked to any other SS (especially when situations such as this arise) and I would really like to know who thought it was OK to STEAL my contract. Should I find out who exactly was responsible for this, they will be hearing from my attorney should the situation not be rectified!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/5/06 7:02pm
Msg #130974

Uh huh

Glad you're getting it rectified, but I dont' believe for a second that she's not responsible for it.

My guess is that she gave the marketing firm a copy of your packet and said "this is what I want" and they were just sloppy about covering their tracks.

Boy, this chick sounds like a piece of work, bless her heart.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 7:11pm
Msg #130980

Re: Uh huh

In all honesty Cali...I am sort of with you on this (for once - is it a blue moon tonight??LOL)...I vaguely remember contracting with a Cassondra Parker way back when I first started SLB and I was still doing scheduling. She had moved from TX to FL and was in law school or something. I think I contacted her once. Our policy is to email all new contractors our CP on their first assignment so she most likely had a copy of it.

Now I am not saying she did or didnt but it just seems awfully conincidental to me. On the phone, CP seemed very sincere but if I have learned anything in this business..it is to trust no one...just very strange. If CP does find out who did this (if it was someone other than herself), I would hope that she fess up their name to clear herself and give me free reign to give them a piece of my mind.

TIP OF THE DAY...for all the thieves out there..if you want to steal someones legal contracts, you may want to re-type them versus cutting and pasting. This will enable you to re-name the document before publishing it to your website!

I am extremely grateful that Brenda pointed this all out to me...

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 7:28pm
Msg #130983

Somebody has some splanin to do...

Good luck Sherry. I hope, for your sake, you get this resolved. Bad SSs are one thing, but thieves are another.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 7:32pm
Msg #130985

Re: Somebody has some splanin to do...

It makes me look like an idiot because this company is sending out the same exact agreement that I am and that makes it look as if we have some sort of relationship....the best thing that could happen at this point is that if CP DID NOT steal this than she should hand over the person that did so they can be the one to feel the wrath.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 7:41pm
Msg #130990

Re: Somebody has some splanin to do...

A notary reading the board emailed me and asked me "Now, what's the relationship between SLB and CSS?" Sherry, that's why I posted it. An anon was bound to find it during this thread and post it in an inflammatory manner as a fact from Sam's Almanac.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 7:37pm
Msg #130989

BTK - Caught by the properties in the MS Word Doc.

**TIP OF THE DAY...for all the thieves out there..if you want to steal someones legal contracts, you may want to re-type them versus cutting and pasting. This will enable you to re-name the document before publishing it to your website!**

According to a true crime story I saw on MSNBC this weekend, BTK (Kansas serial killer) was communicating with police via code in the newspaper. He asked if a letter on disk could be traced. "No," they lied. The guy sent it.

When the document got to them on disk the properties in the document said it was from the church that they guy went to, or maybe his computer...one of the two...at any rate, the properties tell what computer the doc came from based on who the owner of the computer is when you install MS Word.

If you publish the doc to Adobe it is going to cause the properties to bleed over into the properties of the Adobe distiller properties.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 7:00pm
Msg #130972

SLB Signing Service is Top Quality all the way.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 7/5/06 7:02pm
Msg #130975

Thanks Ken..I just didnt want to be wrongly linked to this

company that everyone is perturbed at...I appreciate you speaking up on our behalf!

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/5/06 12:47pm
Msg #130891

I'm shocked that someone would make that kind of threat. I've got to wonder if it was some overzealous head set minion who got a little too full of herself. But if I received an e-mail like that, I wouldn't mess around. I'd head straight to nearest attorney's office.

I'd be interested to hear what the boss has to say.

Reply by Nicole Bozeman on 7/5/06 1:04pm
Msg #130896

I am disappointed to hear what has happened to you Kenneth. I would be VERY INTERESTED to know what kind of "Do Not Call" list SS use and if I could get my hands on a copy of it. Does anyone know how to get a copy of this list???

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 2:44pm
Msg #130905

Re: Certified Signing Services - what the boss has to say..

**I'd be interested to hear what the boss has to say.**

Al, et al...Ms. Parker just wrote me and in a nutshell, like I said, she's definitely not "down" with this. She's written Kenneth and I have no doubt it will be resolved.

While Ms. Parker and I have had minor disagreements on situations in my experience
(1) she's not out to stiff a notary on a fee
(2) she's responsive and will not run from a situation
(3) she's one of the very few people who scares the h3ll out of me and
(4) when I am speaking of her you'll note that she remains "Ms. Parker."

I might be tough, but one person I do not want to tangle with is Cassondra Parker. I will be very careful when I say anything regarding her company that I cannot back up instantly because she don't "play." I do know when I am out of my league.

"Further your affiant sayeth not."

Smile

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 4:23pm
Msg #130915

Brenda, with all due respect, you are wrong. Ms. Parker most certainly DOES send emails threatening to blacklist Notaries. Please see the following email from April 2006. Ms. Parker's reponse to my email is in bold in my original email to her.

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:16:13 -0400
From: [e-mail address] Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
CC: [e-mail address]
Subject: Re: Bourdette/Blanchard
To: [e-mail address]

-----Original Message-----
To: [e-mail address]
Sent: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bourdette/Blanchard

I completed my job as per the CO sent on 4/3/06. I was contracted to have a loan document package signed that was delivered via overnight courier. I completed this task and expect to be paid. Now, if you would like for me to get your late, trailing docs signed, I must charge a fee for that service. As I've said now many times, I would only charge $50. The only other solution I can think of is to have the borrowers come to me to sign docs, for that I would only charge a $15 handling fee. The borrowers will sign the HUD & TIL and return them to the title company directly.

If you refuse to pay for the service that I performed, I will file a small claims action against your company and it's principals. You will be paid for your services; and not because of your threat, but because we are a reputable signing agency and we pay all agents who perform services. When speaking with you on the phone, I was merely trying to find out where the communication error had occurred. You will also be added to our Do Not Call List and this list will be generated to all 500 of our clients and you will be added to their Do Not Call List as well.....If this happens, I will involve both borrowers and I can tell you, the borrowers were much more satisfied with the service that I provided than the service they received from their lender and the title company. As a professional, you should have tried to speak with a supervisor if you were not getting anywhere with anyone else. I have to say that you handled yourself like an amateur and not like a professional. Any further communication whether its via email or via telephone from you will be construed as harrassment! You are to Cease and Desist all communications with me, and Certified Signing Services, Inc.

Regards,
Cassondra Parker
President Certified Signing Services, Inc.

I can't see why you let your mistake burden the borrowers as you have. I have offered three simple solutions to your problem and you have been unable to make a decision now for three days. I certainly hope you will reimburse the borrower for any additional interest and possible late fees you have caused him to pay.

FYI - CSS has called me three times since this incident and I have declined them all. FWIW

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 4:42pm
Msg #130922

Re: Certified Signing Services - Thank you Becca...

**Brenda, with all due respect, you are wrong. Ms. Parker most certainly DOES send emails threatening to blacklist Notaries. Please see the following email from April 2006. Ms. Parker's reponse to my email is in bold in my original email to her.**

But, Becca - I have no proof of that. You obviously do. And, I will *not* forget you have made this post as the content is quite disturbing. I hope that others will make note of this as well.

BTW - I have searched Alabama's list of notaries for Debra Holston and she's not listed as a notary. Perhaps she is using a different name. Her profile on NR is in the 35215 area code.

I found that interesting after her post today and remembering her posting that CSS had moved their offices. See #94656 Maybe she'll enlighten us so that she can ellicit a more credible testimony for Ms. Parker.

Right now, Debra, you appear to be a sock puppet.

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 4:58pm
Msg #130926

Message from Cassondra R. Parker - President of Certified Signing Services, Inc.

Attention: Rebecca Fair

A confirmation was sent to you regarding the above-mentioned signing that you agreed to and did accept on April 3, 2006. At the very top of that confirmation it stated that you would receive 10-14 pages via email consisting of title docs "Do Not Leave Without Them!"

You proceeded to this signing when you received the overnight package from the Lender, but you did not check your email for the title docs. And then you wanted to charge Certified Signing Services, Inc., a fee to correct your error...and then you claimed that it was our error.

A professional notary signing agent (i.e, like Brenda in Texas for instance) would have read her closing confirmation in its entirety prior to proceeding to this loan signing.

Your threat to file legal action against Certified Signing Services was very premature and certainly unprofessional. You were added to our Do Not Call List because you refused to correct YOUR error at no cost. For these reasons, you were added to our Do Not Call List and you will remain there...And I doubt very seriously if anyone from my office has contacted you regarding a loan signing of any kind since this incident. However, I will certainly contact my scheduling department to confirm.

Also, my client requested your name so you could be added to their Do Not Call List as well because of your refusal to correct YOUR error (not following instructions!!!) which is totally unprofessional. When a notary signing agent errors, it is normal procedure for them to correct their error at no cost. It is not our normal policy to send our Do Not Call List to our clients, but when and if a client requests this list; it is provided to them.

Again, in the email that was sent to you....You are to Cease and Desist ALL communications with Certified Signing Services, Inc.

If your attorney would like to contact me further, please have him contact my office @ 1-866-397-3627.

Cassondra R. Parker - President Certified Signing Services, Inc.
C/O: Debra Holston....Birmingham, AL.....

FYI: Brenda S. thanks for your support!

Reply by Rebecca Fair on 7/5/06 5:08pm
Msg #130930

My CO DID NOT say title docs to follow via email. I'll be glad to forward anyone interested the original CO. I was hired for an overnight loan signing. The Title docs arrived 45 minutes AFTER the appointment time. Do you really want me to post all the dirty laundry on this site? You've been caught in a lie and are now using sock puppets to defend your position. How credible is that?

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 5:23pm
Msg #130934

Sock Puppets....how professional is that?

If you really have issues with Certified Signing Services, Inc. Why hasn't your attorney been in contact with Ms. Parker.

I'll have you know that Certified Signing Services, Inc. is a very reputable signing agent that has been around for almost 9years. They pay very well, they even pay a printing fee if a loan cancels after docs were printed. I have personally witnessed Ms. Parker go to bat for her agents when her very own clients have critized them for whatever the reason.

Rebecca please find something better to do with your time...viewing this site is my job and I'm on the clock...but as for a Sock Puppet...I guess you would know.

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 5:44pm
Msg #130945

Bottom line...the original poster was dead on. Certified Signing Services has a very one sided contract that is a joke. AND the president of the company gets her thrills be sending threatening emails re: black listing Notaries.

Gee, sounds like a SS any SA would want to work with. Reminds me of something my Father used to say..."the best way to stay out of a bad situation is to not put yourself in one."

Reply by Charles_Ca on 7/5/06 6:36pm
Msg #130960

Ms. Holston - if in fact you really are

The Fair one from Florida has responded to you as attorney in pro per as well as attorney in fact. If you truly represent Ms. Parker with the legal knowledge imputed to her by this board you would know that. Your point is moot.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 7:23pm
Msg #130981

Re: Certified Signing Services - SAME THREAT REPEATED

Quote from the post I am responding to:

"You will also be added to our Do Not Call List and this list will be generated to all 500 of our clients and you will be added to their Do Not Call List as well."

THIS IS PRACTICALLY VERBATUM THE WORDS I RECEIVED WHICH WERE:

"you are now on our Do Not Call List. This list is circulated to over 500 of our clients who will also add you to their Do Not Call List."

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 8:01pm
Msg #130996

Re: Certified Signing Services - SAME THREAT REPEATED

Seems to be her canned response.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this. Perhaps, if I had posted back in April, I could have saved a few from a bad experience. I decided not to post and to just wait and see if she paid me. I was paid my sorry $75 for 4 days of phone calls & emails to idiot schedulers that could not relay messages. Finally, when she called, she started yelling at me and I just hung up the phone and she calls me unprofessional. Once again, thanks to NotRot, another wolf has been revealed.

I'm so glad you posted, Kenneth. Kudos to you!

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 8:36pm
Msg #131002

Re: Certified Signing Services - BlackList can Bite them too

I feel sorry you had accepted the job and for the difficulties that followed. But, there is hope for the future. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is the answer. In speaking with my attorney it became very obvious that a single notary would not easily sue the blacklister. BUT, a BUNCH of notaries can and DO so with ease and most importantly RESULTS. When a blacklist is distributed that leaves the sender VERY liable. WE talk to dozens of schedulers (the ones who would be receiving any blacklists) - with our personal relationship surely some of us can prevail on schedulers to send any such list (if it really exists?) to one of us. They probably would have fax headers, letterheads, or email "headers" - something useful in court to "pin the tail on the donkey". If the list was totally anonymous, would anybody take it seriously?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/5/06 6:28pm
Msg #130959

Boy Brenda, looks like you called this one wrong

I'd say that Cassie's sockpuppeting and stealing of Sherry's materials show that she's QUITE "down" with this.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 6:37pm
Msg #130961

Re: Boy Brenda, looks like you called this one wrong

** I'd say that Cassie's sockpuppeting and stealing of Sherry's materials show that she's QUITE "down" with this. **

But, I didn't exactly have proof of that, now did I, Hunky Man? To be extremely honest, I did not think it would be something CP would allow to go on in her firm. I call them like I see them.

I forgot about Becca's encounter if she told me about it prior to this.

As I said, I would feel better about Debra's input credibility if she had a notary commission in her name in Alabama.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/06 6:41pm
Msg #130962

Re: Boy Brenda, correction

**I forgot about Becca's encounter if she told me about it prior to this. ** I said this, but what I meant was the part about the 500 companies blacklist. I knew there had been problems with Becca and CSS. I really did not think CP would approve of that. I have to go get the egg off my face. 'scuse me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/5/06 6:54pm
Msg #130968

Re: Boy Brenda, correction

It's ok, we all make mistakes. I made one once in Junior High, I'm probably due for another one eventually.

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 2:13pm
Msg #130902

I am sure if you bring this situation to Ms. Parker's attention she will handle this matter. I have found myself in similar situations with different SS companies and when I speak with someone in a higher position the matter is resolved quickly and professionally. The tongue can cut both ways to help and to hurt, me personally I would like to come to an understanding. Not only do notaries see all the posts but you would be surprised at the amount of SS companies that view these sites also.
We get calls based on our professionalism and our abilities to handle problems. I have done over 50-100 signings for Certified Signing and if I have a problem with anything or anyone I by pass all the others and go straight to Ms. Parker and the problem is handled without me getting upset.

Reply by Kenneth A Edelstein on 7/5/06 3:23pm
Msg #130910

Going to Ms. Parker is certainly a good option. BUT - without this forum I WOULD NEVER KNOW OF THAT NAME - the persons who answer the phone would certainly not tell me who to contact about their actions. I have over 1200 signings completed for dozens of clients. It is THIS forum that, with the benefit of "sunshine and exposure" causes the proper actions to be taken by responsible parties. Consider where I am coming from: I get an email with a threat to my business, a serious threat of blackmail and slander. I bring EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED - here - neither adding nor taking away a thing. Your assistance and advise, and the console of others, both here and via email, will both eliminate MY problem, AND hopefully assure that YOU and other notaries will not suffer the same treatment.

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/5/06 4:57pm
Msg #130925

>>>I have done over 50-100 signings for Certified Signing and if I have a problem with anything or anyone I by pass all the others and go straight to Ms. Parker and the problem is handled without me getting upset.<<<

So, lack of communication by the staff IS the norm with CSS? Why am I not surprised.

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/5/06 5:09pm
Msg #130931

Rebecca Fair -

Maybe you are reading what you want into my response. Ms. Parker's staff is more than equipped to communicate, but Ms. Parker prefers to handle all client and agent issues herself. Can't say that about very many presidents of large corporations. Usually they prefer not to deal with agents directly.

Good grief, why are you making more out of this than what it is?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/5/06 6:25pm
Msg #130956

Obvious sockpuppeting

"I have done over 50-100 signings for Certified Signing and if I have a problem with anything or anyone I by pass all the others and go straight to Ms. Parker and the problem is handled without me getting upset."

Well I'm confused. This implies that you're just another signing agent doing signings for this company. Yet your other posts clearly show that you're at the very least an employee of the company. And with your intimate knowledge of the situation I'd say it's more than that.

I'm putting in my vote for sockpuppet. What was it you said in another post about unprofessionalism not being tolerated?

Cassandra, you're nothing but another loser signing service trying to screw over your notaries to benefit yourself financially. And a thief who steals material from other signing services. In other words, a scumbag.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/5/06 6:47pm
Msg #130966

Re: Obvious sockpuppeting-I'm so fedup with these loser ss

and the losers that run them.......move into another profession please and stop taking advantage of hard working honest notaries....that bring in the bread and butter for your companies....once again more crooks.....

Reply by John_NorCal on 7/5/06 7:34pm
Msg #130987

Re: Obvious sockpuppeting-I'm so fedup with these loser ss

Amen. Who needs the likes of Documents on the Run, Pro Sign, SOX and so many more!

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/5/06 9:52pm
Msg #131007

So are they on the blacklist or not???

I am updating my no-no list. Are we putting this one on the list too?? I know I am seeing the obvious, but I need confirmation.

(as an aside, I already put them on the list with the original post)

Reply by Dee_Fla on 7/6/06 12:10am
Msg #131026

however...Black listing CNSA's/Notaries is NOT the answer. I'm sure even the owner of cSS has made more of her share of mistakes, has she been placed on the black list market?

You know NO ONE is perfect, and WE ALL make mistakes once in a great blue moon. I'm not saying Ken did or even Rebecca..however hyperthetically if they did, they still DON'T DESERVE TO BE PUT ON THE BLACK LIST OR THE DO NOT CALL LIST. Cuz if you look at every notary and all the mistakes they all have made then you would need to put every notary, lawyer or paralegal on the do not call list too.

Who ever wrote those emails/letters is using this as a threatening tool and it needs to be eliminated all together. Threatening people of their lively hood is wrong,especially if most likely they are not at fault. We have found at more times the fault may be of the SS or the TC or even the Lenders for failing to do their job. So are they on the do not call list or the black list???

CSS needs to get their act together...& quickly. If they punish every notary for making minor mistakes (justifiable or not)...the do not call list is NOT the answer to resolve the issue on hand. Why don't u just shoot them? that is what she is doing. I now know to stay away from that company...they can't be trusted.

THANK GOD I DONT SIGN THOSE DAMN CONTRACTS!!! I don't trust any SS's and contracts. Its a waste of my time....& a waste of money when it comes to legal actions cuz the SS's are just much at fault in a lot of things. Including breaching their own contract when it comes to paying notaires.

...just my .2cents.

Reply by Michael Pro Sign Document Services, Inc. on 3/6/07 4:44pm
Msg #178587

PLEASE be aware that Pro Sign, aka: Pro Sign Document Services, Inc. located in Valencia/Glendale, CA. are NOT affiliated in ANY way with Pro Sign Services or Pro Sign Notary!!!! It seems to me as i've read here that these are copy cats and don't appear to be very reputable and we we don't want to be associated with them at all!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.