Notary Rotary
Ergonomic desk chair
Notary Discussion History

Ergonomic desk chair
Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by LynnNC on 7/24/06 3:59pm
Msg #135039

Ergonomic desk chair

I am interested it buying an ergonomic desk chair. I currently use a leather "executive" chair from Office Depot, and I am certain that it contributes to my back, shoulder, neck & hip pain.

Surfing for information on ergonomic desk chairs, I came across a section on "Computer Ergonomics" on the Los Angeles Valley College website at http://www.lavc.edu/IT/ithelp-7.html. After reading it, I am certain that not only do I need a new desk chair, I need to raise the height of my computer monitor.

I am considering a Herman Miller Aeron chair that I can buy for a good price on eBay, and I plan to go sit in one at a "Healthy Back" store tonight.

I would welcome any input on this subject.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 7/24/06 4:34pm
Msg #135050

The Swopper Chair

In May of this year I purchased the Swopper chair & love it. It's an unconventional "chair" as it's really more of a stool. Its design encourages you to sit in the proper posture as you work at your computer. Here's a link to a site showing the Swopper in all its glory:

http://www.sitincomfort.com/swopper.html

If you want more particulars on my experience with the Swopper, you can e-mail me.

Reply by Lynn Lowry on 7/24/06 4:38pm
Msg #135052

Re: The Swopper Chair

It looks like you can bounce on it like a Pogo Stick!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/24/06 5:07pm
Msg #135059

A company I used to work for had those Aeron chairs and I just loved them. This was a number a years ago and they might have changed since then, but at that time they made three different sizes - A (for smaller frames), B or C (for large people) - to match your body width, so the arms are where they should be. Getting the right size for you makes a big difference! Nearly everything else was adjustable. They were pretty pricey at the time, but well worth it if you can swing it or find one at a reasonable price. The corp. facilities guy at that company (with deep pockets at the time) went looking for the best he could find and chose Herman Miller.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.