Notary Rotary
Gold Coast Document Service - DOES NOT PAY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Tracy_ME on 7/13/06 1:30pm
Msg #133010

I was contacted to file a quit claim deed for them. I had never filed a deed but agreed to do it. On April 5th, when I arrived at the registry of deeds, I was notified that I did not have all the paperwork needed. (I would also like to add that April in Maine is still WINTER and had been snowing so bad the day before that ups/fedex pulled their trucks off the roads here).

I got all the necessary forms, names and phone numbers and contacted everyone involved. I faxed the blank forms so that they could be filled out, etc.etc. I was told (and have it in writing) that I would be paid a $30 trip fee...ok - not so great but ok - I can deal.

I checked back with them periodically as they had not returned the deed to be registered. On April 20th I invoiced them for the trip fee and sent it via fax and email.

The documents were sent back out to me. On April 25, I went back to the registry, paid to register the deed out of my pocket and submitted all necessary invoices via fax and email. I have emails confirming their receipt. In May I received the official copy from the registry of deeds and promptly sent it where I was instructed.

I have been on the phone no less than 10 times in the past couple of months trying to get paid.I finally received payment for filing the deed on June 22nd. I have yet to be paid for my "trip fee". I have been lied to by "Patty" and "Gayle" on multiple occassions. I have documented my conversations with them from June 9, July 5th, 6th, and 7th.

Today I called again and asked to speak with Mike Steele. I was put on hold my "Patty for over 5 minutes. Well, I picked up another phone and called back. Now I am tying up 2 of their phone lines.... guess what - Mr. Steel came to the phone! He told me the check would be going out today... They are supposed to get back to me with a check # but Gayle was supped to get back to me with a check# last week.

It might only be $30 but it is the pricipal more than anything.

Reply by Tracy_ME on 7/13/06 2:34pm
Msg #133023

They were going to pay me today....BUT....

Now that I have posted this message....I will have to wait! I guess I am being punished.

However, I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General for the State of California.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/13/06 3:11pm
Msg #133026

Read my post Msg #85009

The day I posted that I got a call from them to do a signing. Like they really had a signing. Sure they did.
b.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.