Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Good Morning and Welcome to Day @#$%& Seven!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 7/20/06 8:23am
Msg #134224

DAY SEVEN! ONE FREAKIN WEEK WITH NO TOBACCO.... I'm not sure if I want to celebrate or cry..... I've decided that rather than stepping down on the nicotine patch, I am going to continue one the 21mg Step One patch for one more week and then step down to Step Two. I made it this far and don't want to mess this up....

Funny thing is, I am smoking in my sleep. I keep waking up mad at myself for breaking down and smoking, only to realize that I was alseep and it was a dream cigarette. This in turn makes me mad for waking up in the first place because I am pretty sure that the dream ciggies are not bad for me and I want to enjoy them anyway I can get them.... lol

Thank you to everyone for your posts of encouragement. A very special thank you to all those who flooded my email with your own stories or words of wisdom and encouragement. Your support is very much appreciated and is a great help in my conquest of better health and economic well being.

Thank you all. I will post updates on my progress once a week from this point on until I reach the three month mark....

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/20/06 8:29am
Msg #134225

But did you go get her? n/m

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/20/06 8:41am
Msg #134227

Oh gawd NO... guess what my

hubby told me this morning that he got some patches. Not again. To bad he doesn't read the boards.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 7/20/06 8:46am
Msg #134231

Not yet SarahBeth but........

I have plans....

I had signings every night this week so far so I didn't have time to do the smoochy smoochy stuff yet....

We are going away to the Virgin Islands in two weeks and I have a few plans for us before we leave for Vacation.... wink wink nod nod hint hint

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 7/20/06 9:05am
Msg #134234

Re: Red alert! Red alert!

Vacation is not vacation from not smoking. Don't talk yourself into, "Ah, I'm on vacation, it's just two weeks, I deserve to relax." That's the ciggy talking, not Jersey_Boy!

But, in a previous post, you said you would update us until you reach the three-month period. So you already know you'll reach it, don't you.

Yes, I'm sure you will!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/20/06 9:09am
Msg #134235

You go Boy!!!!! n/m

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 7/20/06 9:45am
Msg #134241

IGood Job .......... It will be worth it. Food tastes better, flowers smell better and you smell better not to mention you will live a lot longer ...... keep going for it .......

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/20/06 9:54am
Msg #134243

Hey that means $21 in the jar right? 2 more weeks and you have $63 for you vacation. That might be enough to get a massage. Nice treat to reward your 3 week anniversary. Just a thought.
B.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/20/06 12:22pm
Msg #134261

Definately do the jar thing.

Years ago my sis quit drinking. Daily she put six bucks and some change (that's how much a 12 pack of Natural Light was at the time) in a jar. About 9 months later we were out shopping together and she pulled out a wad of cash, had to be at least $400 in fives and ones. It was all from the beer money. And it wasn't the first time she had a good sized roll for shopping.

Reply by JM_NY on 7/20/06 10:31am
Msg #134248

Always reward yourself for not smoking.

Think after a year what a vacation you could take with savings. Always remember that one cig. will put you right back. You can never have just one.

Reply by Julie/MI on 7/20/06 2:14pm
Msg #134271

After 22 years of benson and hedges deluxe ultra light menthols a pack a day, sometimes more, I quit cold turkey 12/31/04. My crutch was www.whyquit.com.

I realized I was not addicted to cigarettes but to nicotine. Cigarettes were the means to get the drug. Only once I reached that "light bulb moment", was I able to do it. You can too. You are using the patch to get the drug, and that website will help you with that. You CAN do it. Smile

Reply by christiSocal on 7/20/06 3:36pm
Msg #134280

When I quit, a pack was 35 cents!

Dang I'm old. How can anyone afford to smoke these days... Just keep thinkin of rollin in all that money Jersey Boy...Wink

Reply by MelissaCT on 7/20/06 4:49pm
Msg #134295

Re: When I quit, a pack was 35 cents!

My mom quit when packs went up to $1.00 each. Of course, she would still use the free coupons she got in the mail or sampes (remember Misty cigs? They used to send free packs in the mail).

I quit 9 years ago (got bronchitis & that was enough for me). My mom actually got mad that I quit, because she couldn't bum freebies off me anymore!! I think they were in the $2.40 range when I gave it up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.