Helpful Tips For Us Newbies ;-D
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 1:18pm
Msg #131138

Helpful Signing Tips:

Names: All signatures must be obtained correctly. Borrowers must sign as their names appear on the documents (see below for misspellings and other mistakes).

If the borrower refuses — especially if the borrower insists on undersigning their name — politely explain, that the lender will not accept the signatures in any form less than what appears on the signature lines, and that continuing is a waste of their time as well as yours.

Over-signing: If the borrower signature requires John F. Smith, and the borrower insists upon signing as John Franklin Smith, that would be an acceptable over-signing.

However, JF Smith would not be acceptable.

Ink: be consistent with pens used by borrowers — bring extra pens of the same type.

Some lenders require that a specific color of pen is used, either blue or black — this will be noted on the file instructions — have both colors available;

Errors: Misspellings or other incorrect data (addresses, zip codes, social security numbers) can be corrected through the signing.

If a name is misspelled have the borrower initial near the error — the escrow company will strike out and change the error. Under no circumstances should the error be changed by marking the document (especially the Deed of Trust — also called the Mortgage)

A note describing the error should be attached to the front of the document package. Indicate the nature of the mistake and that the borrowers have initialed to acknowledge the change that escrow will make.

If a borrower’s name is inconsistently spelled throughout the documents, the borrower must sign using the correct spelling — which should match the photo identification used by the notary to confirm the identity of the signer

Again, treat the error as above, have the borrowers initial to acknowledge the correction that will be made later by the escrow officer, only in those areas where the misspelling has occurred.

Notarization: Notaries must fully complete the notorial requirements as necessary. This means that all dates, pronouns and plurals/singulars must be identified — do not be sloppy;

The notary must sign their name as it appears on their stamp. Review all required notary’s for correct dating, stamping and signing.

If the notarization requirements appear unusual or limited, or if the form is unfamiliar to you, feel free to attach an All Purpose Acknowledgement. A standard APA can be downloaded from this site [note: link to come]

Power of Attorney (POA) Signings:

The lender must pre-approve a Power of Attorney ("POA"Wink signing. A POA signing is when one borrower, or another unrelated person, acts on behalf of one or both of the signatories on the loan transaction.

The POA form is executed separately, and it is not necessary for the signing agent to review this document. The POA form is usually kept by the escrow officer in the escrow file.

POA signings are very specific and must be followed absolutely and consistently throughout the signing. POA signings usually take longer to complete, because the party designated as the POA holder must record additional information for each signature.

The correct form to follow is described below:

If John F. Smith is signing for his wife, Mary B. Smith, he would sign his name for all his signatures as is usual.

When he signs on behalf of his wife, as her attorney-in-fact (this is the legal designation) he would sign his wife’s name, then next to that sign his name (as it appears in the documents) then add as her attorney-in-fact:

Mary B. Smith, by John F. Smith, as her attorney-in-fact

This form is also required for initials:

MBS, by JFS, as her attorney-in-fact

When notarizing a POA signing, only the person appearing before the notary is notarized, in our example, only John F. Smith. Therefore, all the notorial language is singular.

Remember — the signing agent is not only performing the notarization of the borrower’s signatures and identity, but they are guiding the borrower through the signing. This means that the signing agent is responsible for collecting all signatures required and insuring that the dating is correct and accurate.

Dating: Documents are dated. The date that appears is the date they were prepared. They can only be signed on or after this date.

Some lenders require that documents be signed as of the date they are prepared. eMN refers to this as "date sensitive". This is somewhat misleading, since all documents are date sensitive.

If a borrower refuses to either sign their documents or complete a signing that has already started, report this status when calling or emailing the required post-signing status.

Do not assume that a new appointment can be made utilizing the same documents; they may have to be redrawn to accommodate any dating issues.

Collecting information and payments: In addition to collecting a payment from the borrowers, the escrow officer may indicate some data that is necessary to complete the file.

Let’s start with data collection first:

Most requests for information relate to insurance. You may see highlighted areas in the escrow instructions where the insurance carrier or name of the agent is necessary.

IF the borrower has that information, please fill in the data or include it on a note to escrow. If the borrower does not have complete information, get as much as you can (the name of the company, the town where the agent has their office). If the borrower has no information, or refuses to provide it, state that in a note to escrow.

It is important to communicate to escrow that the requested information was asked for, and either received or not.

The escrow officer reviewing the document package was not at the signing and it is our job to provide information to help them understand what went on.

Collecting any payments due:

Often the borrower must make a payment to escrow to close the transaction. When a payment is required, it is best to start off by saying something neutral, such as: "It appears a payment of $1,247.92 is due to close your transaction".

The borrowers will react in any number of ways — generally falling into the following categories:

Borrower was informed and is prepared to include the payment;
Borrower was not informed, but is prepared to include the payment;
Borrower was/was not informed and is not willing to include the payment;
Borrower is hopping mad, starts to swear, hates his broker and does not want to sign the dox.
Both categories A and B do not pose any problems — the borrower makes the check (or has the cashier’s check) payable to the escrow company.

If there is any doubt who the escrow company is, the first few pages of the document package are called the Escrow Instructions, which will contain the name of the escrow company.

If the borrower knows about the payment but elects not to include it with the documents, make a note of this to the escrow officer. Separate arrangements may already have been made.

The last reaction may be based on their understanding that no funds would be due (a no cost/no fee deal). If the amount due is within the range of the borrowers usual house payment, the broker may need to make some adjustments to the settlement statement, to either reduce or eliminate any costs charged, thus reducing or eliminating the amount due.

The borrowers should make a call to their loan agent to request an explanation of the fees. This is not for the notary to attempt. If the transaction is a refinance of a current mortgage, the borrowers have a rescission period of three (3) days to resolve any issues and completing the signing does not jeopardize this right to cancel in any way.

Signing the loan documents, even if there are questions or the borrower suspects there are errors preserves the interest rate.

However, if the funds due appear fantastically high — turn the borrower’s attention to the Promissory Note — the amount borrowed may be too low, an unexpected prepayment penalty may be due to the current lender, or any of a number of factors may be effecting the balance due.

If the borrowers absolutely refuse to sign (and this applies to all situations when the borrowers are uncomfortable with completing the loan signing) — recommend that they place a call to their loan agent, have them explain their issues, thank them for their time, suggest that if things get worked out a new appointment will most likely be scheduled with them, and report the status to eMN as required.

Miscellaneous Items:
Control: The notary is in charge of the loan signing. Explain to the borrowers when you arrive, that you have another appointment, but that plenty of time has been scheduled to complete their signing without feeling rushed.

While the signing agent is accommodating the borrower, the borrower needs to respect the time of the notary.

A professional appearance and attitude will keep the signing professional. Remember that individuals may be intolerant or allergic to scent, so perfumes and colognes should be lightly worn.

If the borrowers present an unrealistic situation: Signing the loan documents at their coffee table, uncleared dinner dishes or unrestrained pets, politely suggest (based on your experience) that it will be faster and more comfortable to conduct the signing at the kitchen table, free of clutter or interruption (pets and/or children). Further explain that this will help reduce errors, missed signatures, or lost/misplaced documents.

Above all else, keep a level head and think practically. Seldom is it that a solution is not available — we will find it together. eMN is available for clarification or to respond to any questions during a signing.

Commonly Notarized Documents:
The following is a list, but is not meant to be all inclusive, since requirements do change:

Subordination Agreement

Deeds:

Deed of Trust

Grant Deed

Interspousal Deed

Quit Claim Deed

Signature/Name Affidavits

AKA Statements

Occupancy Agreement

Errors/Omissions Compliance Agreement

Hold Harmless Agreement

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 7/6/06 1:31pm
Msg #131141

hmmm.

You have a lot of good information in there.... but I am concerned with the following statement:

***If a name is misspelled have the borrower initial near the error — the escrow company will strike out and change the error. Under no circumstances should the error be changed by marking the document (especially the Deed of Trust — also called the Mortgage)****

I think it would be more fun to not comment on this statement myself, but to just sit back and see what some of my fine NotRot friends might have to say: Enjoy guys, gals, and BrendaTX.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/6/06 1:42pm
Msg #131144

Re: hmmm.

Ok JB are you saying that there are 3 genders? Guys, Gals and Brenda TX? Just asking for clarification. J/K
B.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 7/6/06 1:46pm
Msg #131145

not saying that at all.... darn you bev!!

now your trying to make me feel bad!! I am not saying anything like that at all.... just that BrendaTX stands out from the rest of the crowd....

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/6/06 1:48pm
Msg #131147

Okay okay I'm pulling your bad leg already. Take it easy! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 2:15pm
Msg #131161

Re: not saying that at all.... darn you bev!! Long as usual.

Let me be clear on something, I have a lot of time to put into this board because I work less than many of you do.

It's Texas--it's different. There are not as many ARMs because people don't trust them here and only wind up with them (speaking generally) if they are finance wizards or forced into them by poor credit.

I work as much as is possible to work in my area in Texas and I charge enough to keep myself in business. I work smarter, not harder. I refuse to work for an amount that runs my business ( and me) into the ground and if that is a problem, oh well, it's not a business and I won't do it any longer.

I do NOT want to "act" like I am the hottest signing thing since sliced bread, because I am not.

However, through trial and error and niche marketing I have done okay for myself, IMHO. I do know apparently klnow how to get business which pays well. It's probably because of my location.

This is my chosen business model. Rather than work at a lot for little, I work at finding and "wooing" better paying clients. In between I talk to notaries and serve a few subpoenas, seek litigation support work and write my newsletter, etc.

So, when you look up to me, so to speak, do it with this in mind. The REALLY GOOD ones don't have much time to post here. I do not want to be thought of as someone I am not.

Let me say this, however, a polished attitude of service and knowing what your service must charge and providing quality, quick service is a key point in how to get what you need out of your signings.

I just got a call from a group who just agreed to $150 when I read here that no one is getting much over $75 for edocs.

They called, I quoted my price and they woefully groaned. I quickly apologized and explained that it's just got to be that way because of the market in Texas. Not trying to put screws to them, etc. No notary 'tude, but would love to work for them!

"You'll do edocs for that?"

Sensing a break in the cold $75 exterior, I said "Yep and I'll even fax back your package for that." "Hmmm...Okay, if you do not have to fax back the package what is the price?"

"Still $150."

"Will you split the package for that price?"

"Oh yeah, I'll split it and smile while I am doing it! Could I send you a video tape??"

She laughed and gave me the job at $150.

===========
Then, the phone rings again - a title company I have scheduled today - $150 on this one also. Edocs are running late...OMG - can you still do at 6 pm??

"For you? Heck yes! Send me there at 9 pm...I need your jobs and I appreciate you returning to me! I know you could go elsewhere."

The response was sincere and I don't worry about losing their jobs because they know I am dependable and pleasant and grateful. Again, no attitude problem here.

====================

Now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Call me childish, call me unprofessional, just do be sure to remember me... Smile ....that's part of the secret to getting the job *next time.* Be gracious, be confident, be responsive, and be *pleasantly* memorable.

Reply by jojodatura on 7/6/06 6:18pm
Msg #131286

Re: not saying that at all.... darn you bev!! Long as usual.

I LOVE IT!

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/6/06 1:47pm
Msg #131146

By the by. I didn't read all of this post but...

If I were a brand newbie I would not take anything as fact that I read on a notary board.
I would ask the company that hired me how they wanted to handle these issues.
Every company is different and they all have there own ways of doing things.

I do think it is very helpful of Wendy to post trying to help new signing agents.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 2:37pm
Msg #131175

Thank You!! I learning the business and...

try to share my findings I'm not only a taker I love to give as well...I do not depend on anyone I don't mine doing the work and I have put in more hours than anyone would believe.

funny newbies get picked on no matter what I have thick skin ;-) thank you!!

Reply by VickiWA on 7/6/06 1:50pm
Msg #131149

Re: hmmm.

There are SS that instruct SA to handle misspellings this way. So are they wrong? RIght?

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/6/06 1:57pm
Msg #131151

Re: hmmm. Jersey Boy

I decided not to comment on that statment, but I'm sure we thought the same thing. Heck, I'm not the Notary Police and if Newbies want to go by others notes instead of doing their homework, then so be it. All of this information is already on the board. I don't feel that the original poster is doing anyone any favors by posting her incorrect notes.

Sylvia will have a cow when she sees this.

Reply by PAW on 7/6/06 2:07pm
Msg #131157

So did I.

There are so many things in her "list" that is incorrect that it would take hours to write them all down. And, there are many in which she contradicts herself. For example:

>>> A POA signing is when one borrower, or another unrelated person, acts on behalf of one or both of the signatories on the loan transaction.<<<

Notice that it states that the AIF is to be an "unrelated person", but in the example she gives, she displays:

>>> If John F. Smith is signing for his wife, Mary B. Smith, he would sign his name for all his signatures as is usual.

When he signs on behalf of his wife, as her attorney-in-fact (this is the legal designation) he would sign his wife’s name, then next to that sign his name (as it appears in the documents) then add as her attorney-in-fact:<<<

Huh? How can this be, if the person designated as the AIF is the husband of the intended signer? Or are husbands and wives not related?

This is just one example.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 7/6/06 2:08pm
Msg #131158

I agree Becca, if I followed half the the instructions listed in the original post, I don't think my business would be doing very well....

I gess its a gud thinge that i du al mine own homewurk.

Reply by PAW on 7/6/06 2:08pm
Msg #131159

So did I.

There are so many things in her "list" that is incorrect that it would take hours to write them all down. And, there are many in which she contradicts herself. For example:

>>> A POA signing is when one borrower, or another unrelated person, acts on behalf of one or both of the signatories on the loan transaction.<<<

Notice that it states that the AIF is to be an "unrelated person", but in the example she gives, she displays:

>>> If John F. Smith is signing for his wife, Mary B. Smith, he would sign his name for all his signatures as is usual.

When he signs on behalf of his wife, as her attorney-in-fact (this is the legal designation) he would sign his wife’s name, then next to that sign his name (as it appears in the documents) then add as her attorney-in-fact:<<<

Huh? How can this be, if the person designated as the AIF is the husband of the intended signer? Or are husbands and wives not related?

This is just one example.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 2:21pm
Msg #131163

Re: So did I. Wendy -

I agree with the comments here for the most part, except I STILL do not know how I can ID an AIF without the POA, but that's just my short fall and I don't want to hijack this thread with that.

Anyhow, thank you very much for contributing SOMETHING rather than be a gripey old grumpy anon who is sniping at everyone. If a new notary did not have anything else to go by, these instructions would certainly be better than nothing for the most part.

Keep posting gal...dig in and keep being cheerful and positive. Pass it on.

Reply by PAW on 7/6/06 2:43pm
Msg #131180

Not to hijack this thread ...

Brenda... Signing as Attorney in Fact is a "represented" capacity. That means that the signer represents to you that they have the ability to perform in that capacity. The lender has the "proof" (POA) to do so. You only identify the signer. How they represent themselves is immaterial for the most part in most cases.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 3:02pm
Msg #131187

Re: Not to hijack this thread ... thank you Paul...

Will you please explain that to me again next time I ask the question??? Old dogs, new tricks you know.

Smile

Reply by PAW on 7/6/06 3:20pm
Msg #131196

You're most welcome.

Trust me, I know all about "old" dogs. Smile

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 2:53pm
Msg #131185

Re: So did I. Wendy - Thank you e Mobile Notary with 3 1/2

stars....I am looking for signing companies to signup with after ken's experience yesterday and many of you have shared. I was putting together my start list. I was looking for their policy and payment time frame and on their site I saw the their signing tips

they had a decent rating I had no idea so many egos where going to jump out all at once :-) good grief. Notary Rotary gave them a very decent rating. Brenda thank you ;-)

I would had loved to hear of their humble beginnings when they first got into this business...that's okay I sure I would really be confused!!

Its all good!! ;-)

Reply by Roger_OH on 7/6/06 2:59pm
Msg #131186

Wendy, I think your heart's in the right place...

but a signing service is the last place you should look to for signing tips. They are essentially schedulers whose major function is filling appointments for title companies and lenders.
Don't trust them to know anything about notary law or procedures in any state.

The best training guide out there is from The Signing Registry.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 3:13pm
Msg #131191

Re: Wendy, I think your heart's in the right place... it is

Thank you...I'm trying to learn the business and learn how to market my services. I knew coming in it was more to becoming a Loan Agent than just taking a test I can always refer back to my handbook.

I feel I just entered the heart of this business and I wouldn't want a job until I've crossed enough T's To start as a sell out isn't cool ;-) being a new Certified Loan Agent as of Monday I want to void as many loose potholes as possible.

as for the seasoned SA its okay to point out things just don't act like a dang police!! I'm glad they pointed out the mistakes. they actually was a big help to me, but they came about in such a negative way I had to defend myself first before I could say THANK YOU!! That's why I way put Newbie in the topic because I'm very aware how people can get attacked ;-)

Thank you for the directions much appreciated...I will signup ASAP

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 2:42pm
Msg #131178

Gosh you know its okay to agree to disagree....and I'm sure I will not get into a cat fight like last week.

I've learned somethings its best to keep quiet you don't have to respond to every post. As a new notary and arriving here I had a lot to say but it wasn't my battle so I kept quiet.

we are all members not the police

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/6/06 3:30pm
Msg #131202

Re: hmmm. Wendy

I think you have a great attitude and it's nice that you want to share, but you can't believe everything you read here or anywhere. Thank you for being a giver with an identity. Now, keep doing your homework and you'll do just fine.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 3:53pm
Msg #131216

Re: hmmm. Wendy

Thank you...identity is important in this business right ;-) I believe my handbook. I know who to follow as my virtual mentor on this board they don't know it but I tag behind 'em wagging my tail when they give me something juicy ;-) I have my way of knowing who love this business and I feel who does it right.

I might be new but I love to read my manuals I'm sure I'll "might" screwup. If I do what my course told me to do I'll be just fine.

this is an awesome board if you know how to weed through the weeds. This is not my first chat board trust me and I don't wait to be handfed. I love researching if I think I found a good find I like to share it.

I'll know everything but I can assure you when I do my first signing I will be confident that I can do the job. This a fruitful business if done correctly.

thank you for your post!!

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 2:27pm
Msg #131170

Re: hmmm. Well I'm not here for all the drama

I copied and pasted the information. I take away lots of information and I try to share what I find. I'm not here to prove a point, get brownie points, or get into no cat fights!!

If there's any errors according to you well I'm sorry, the handbook will confirm. I do thank you for correcting any errors the SA Service may have made.

Same thing goes on here so you have to make sure you know what's correct or incorrect!!

Reply by VickiWA on 7/6/06 3:13pm
Msg #131190

There is so much conflicting advice on this board so doing our own research is of the utmost importance. Good Job Wendy standing up for yourself. I recently signed up with e mobile notary and also wondered about the information you posted from them. I have not worked for them yet. I have been studying and researching this business for 3 months and doing signings for 3 weeks. It amazes me that in WA state we do not have to take an exam of any kind to be a SA or a notary. We only have to fill out an application with basic information, have 3 referrences and a clean background then have it notarized. I took my application to a notary friend who only knew the basics but is a notary in her place of business. We are not required to keep a journal in this state and I never took an oath yet I am a CNSA in my state. There is so much responsibility with very little required. So I read this board hoping to further my knowledge and learn from others.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 3:23pm
Msg #131199

Re: hmmm. Vicki

**There is so much responsibility with very little required.**

Well, now here we have a winner folks. She's already figured this out and actually gives a flip. Welcome aboard VickiWA.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 3:39pm
Msg #131207

I found my index card where I had thought becoming a Notary in 1989 I didn't know about the Loan Agent stuff that's the meat!! ;-) The pay for signatures were so cheap I changed my mind. In Feb my son told me his friend told him about becoming a Loan Signing Agent.

He checked it out took the test ASAP went through the process by mid April he had jobs coming so fast he had to turn some down. Within a week and a half he had make just over $1,000 beginners luck Nope he saw a Notary sign in his area he called and that was the best call he could had ever made. He had connections to commerical signings and to a title company and sometimes when he couldn't do the signings he need to outsource that's where my son came in so my son told him I taken the notary class as of Monday I took the Loan Signing Course.

I started studying like you 4 months ago and put in many many hours everyday. The 4th I was creating marketing materials. Today my Sample Loan doc's arrived. Now I need to get Brenda's list and signup with some registeries.

It's a lot of work to be done and I really don't have time to deal with negative comments. Hey if I say something wrong its okay to tell me...but to say all those silly comments like somebody is going to beat me up and put me in jail Pleasse!! I'm tired and I don't have time for notary drama!!

Actually, I thought I had found a second place to hangout and learn without the drama I just ran from on ragingbull stock chat board. I guess whereever there's people you just can't escape it ;-)

I wish my many signings and may all your chips be green and your signings be fat!! ;-)

Reply by Brenda Stone on 7/6/06 4:01pm
Msg #131225

**Pleasse!! I'm tired and I don't have time for notary drama!!**

Well, you just blew it with me. Wink

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 4:29pm
Msg #131239

Re: hmmm. haaaahahaaa My head is about to bust...

I wish I had a few signing under my belt so I could release hahaaa not yet I want to make some money then I'll play with ya Brend hahaaa!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 3:17pm
Msg #131195

OT - hmmm. Okay - now I am ready to take it on...

**Enjoy guys, gals, and BrendaTX.**

There has a been a great deal said here about over reacting and I AM NOT GOING to over REACT to this but I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT IT ... ev-i-DENT-ly because I am using a lot OF UPPER FREAKING CASE LETTERS and that is what it makes ME FEEL LIKE....yeah, like I AM ONE P'O'D NOTARY.

I, LIKE AL Y., (Not AL G! - not talking about him!!!!!) WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS....I will immediately (if not sooner) stalk and harass JERSEY BOY for this implication and will NOT put up with him saying I am NEUTER or that I am a hermmmmm...UMMM...hermaphrodite.

WE ARE GOING TO SKATE this one off Jersey BOYYYYYY....as soon as I find my skate key. So, THERE, celery hair.

(How'd I do? J/k ya'll)

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 7/6/06 3:32pm
Msg #131204

Re: OT - hmmm. Okay - now I am ready to take it on...

Piffle. You have a lot to learn about getting PO'd on Notary Rotary. Ask CaliNotary for some lessons.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 4:34pm
Msg #131243

Re: OT - hmmm. Okay - now I am ready to take it on...

Oh honey I'm not weak trust me I don't care to entertain the egos I can live without 'em I come from ragingbull and I stood my grounds.

we're all adults..well I think we suppose to be at least 18 ;-)

attacking isn't a nice thing to do to anyone I don't care how many signing a person has done the first clue I admitted I'm a newbie I'm not ashame at least I'm trying to be a good steward and not a taker ;-)

I'm not mad at anyone on these chat boards not not me I know how to use a virtual ingnore

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 7/6/06 4:43pm
Msg #131247

Re: OT I was talking to Brenda/TX and my name is not honey. n/m

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 5:52pm
Msg #131270

Re: OT I was talking to Brenda/TX I am so sorry MARLENE n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/6/06 4:51pm
Msg #131249

No kidding, where are the swear words? n/m

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 5:51pm
Msg #131267

Re: No kidding, where are the swear words?

Soon my dear hahaaa!! I need you all right now I can't afford to lose my insider experiences right how ;-)

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/6/06 3:10pm
Msg #131188

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll be brief

These rules may apply for one company, but many of these are incorrect for how other companies want things handled. Tread very cautiously.

Reply by VickiWA on 7/6/06 3:14pm
Msg #131193

Re: I don't even know where to begin, so I'll be brief

It seems the more I learn the stupider I feel.

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 5:48pm
Msg #131266

Nope the smarter you are becoming...why because you're on the same page. I know what you mean at first when I read the handbook I go I can learn this no problem..what's in the book...but its the all of the little things and the games the SS play outside of that handbook gosh its a whole another world ;-)

Don't worry we'll be laughing about this in a few months ;-)

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 4:42pm
Msg #131246

yes...I found out I didn't know about the blue ink pen until you all was talking about it some don't mind highlighting some do. You all helped me to create so many note pads and I thank you all that has shared the good bad and.....the ugly!!

I know now to ask many important questions and read their policy do's and don'ts

I live in Michigan in 1966-1970 during the Motown days ;-) I finally made it to Cali ;-)

Thank you

Reply by Joe Ewing on 7/6/06 5:48pm
Msg #131265

Things a little slow Wendy?

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 7:01pm
Msg #131305

hahaa I'm feeling it Joe too funny ;-D n/m

Reply by Debork Hutinen on 7/6/06 9:40pm
Msg #131358

Re: hahaa I'm feeling it Joe too funny ;-D -Wendy!

You have what it takes to become successful in this business! The NNA has sample loan packets in their signing agent booklets. It may not provide you with a real life signing,but give you a good idea of what to expect.If you have a realtor friend,find out who they normally use for their escrows,get an intro with the esrow person,explain yourself and ask if you may sit in a signing or if they can provide you with a sample packet as well.Do whatever it takes to learn!

Reply by Wendy Pablico on 7/6/06 10:35pm
Msg #131364

Debork Thanks will do!!

I love making money ;-) I went thorugh the same thing when I learned how to trade stocks. I was overwhelmed at first, but then I broke it down in parts I did very well spending hours at the library couldn't afford a trading book at the time.

I tell you I need those 2 months working almost non-stop since Feb but I love learning and I like to find it ;-)

I'm sick of the corp crap I'm a full-time active trader, my last work day was 3/04 once my stocks reach my price hopefully soon. I have a list of things I'm going to do to promote this business. I found my long list already and I plan to purchase more mortgage information and my bettle and have it wrapped become 100% mobile ;-)

Thank you for the encouragement I'll paste your post on a notepad, you all have been wonderful!! Those I had emailed thank you for responding so quickly!! Ken thanks for the fax this morning. The best way to "help" keep the SS in check is to share with the new notaries
the SS knows that we don't know any better. Since I've been here I told my son to charge for faxbacks and other things. I hope the new notaries don't abuse the help '-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.