Notary Rotary
Invoicing - could it be less difficult
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by asigner on 7/27/06 4:12pm
Msg #135608

It is extremely difficult to follow some invoicing procedures. Lets say I have 30 different companies call me out to do a job in any given month, LETS say that 1 or 5 of those companies prefer you to invoice on a certain day at the end of the month, IF you send it in any earlier it will be regarded as trash. From this day to this day-- invoice us or else... some MAIL only, some you can FAX, some say EMAIL ME------ YIKES - I wish there were a maintained list of companies and their corresponding payment/invoicing policies. Why must I set 20 alarms for invoicing and/or should I hire a team for account receivables? Ho Hum thanks

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/27/06 4:20pm
Msg #135609

Re: Invoicing - could it be less difficult - it reminds me

of the Anal Retentive Chef from SOL.

Gotta be perfectly perfect.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/27/06 4:20pm
Msg #135610

correction - SOL = SNL - Sat night live n/m

Reply by asigner on 7/27/06 4:22pm
Msg #135612

how about -this is ok - but in future use our invoice n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/27/06 4:28pm
Msg #135616

Re: how about -this is ok - but in future use our invoice

BE PERFECT when you invoice or you will not get paid. I think the "hoops" prohibit some from getting their checks...I am sure some notaries believe their rigid procedures and demands actually mean they can stiff you legally.

Funky horse feathers.
Reminds me of those dang cubes that come out the wrong size when you are trying to cube up potatoes into 1/4" cubes...cannot have those little misfits in the pot.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/SNL/Anal.htm

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/27/06 11:17pm
Msg #135675

This surprises me.

I'm pretty casual about my invoices....in Word, and not all that glorifying.

In another life, I would have done Microsoft Publisher and colors and all that...now, it's just as valid an invoice in simple Word format as the fancy crap.

A bill is a bill, IMO.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/27/06 11:20pm
Msg #135676

Re: This surprises me. Tiblegab - I agree with you.

This was my way of laughing at the hoops.

Check your email, btw.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/27/06 11:23pm
Msg #135679

Re: This surprises me. Tiblegab - I agree with you.

I am a TitleGab. I agree. In fact, my boss said the same thing in my last review..."Girl, you are a 'TitleGab' Stop Gabbing, or....."

I'm trying but it's so hard.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/27/06 11:24pm
Msg #135680

Oh Brenda. I clicked "email okay" earlier

and now there's 24. Give me a few.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/27/06 4:29pm
Msg #135617

Re: Invoicing - could it be less difficult-

Yes, and it's more of a pain if you need to invoice them over and over and over......

Reply by sgum/va on 7/27/06 10:28pm
Msg #135656

I am new to all this...but have you considered maybe setting up an excel spread sheet? or something similar to that. Then you could have it sort which ever way you wanted...JMO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.