Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Joe Ewing on 7/6/06 12:04pm
Msg #131124

Letter from Notary Rotary Regarding Notary Profiles

Notary Rotary Support <[e-mail address]> to me
More options 4:58 am(4 hours ago)

Dear Joe -

I am pretty sure you e-mailed as well as called. As you can imagine
Harry and I are a little swamped after taking a much needed vacation.
Luckily our staff did manage to get orders out.

I have contacted Ms. xxxxxxx via e-mail and you are right we removed
her signing service designation and the phone numbers. Harry is working
on making it so just names display, we have talked about how ugly this
extra junk is in the past. Companies also have commented on the
desperation and lack of professionalism some of these notaries appear to
have.

Your voice has been heard. Not sure how quickly we can do it with some
urgent matters at hand, but as I come across those i will edit.

Have a great day!

Traci Shoemaker
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/6/06 12:18pm
Msg #131128

The list at 92107 looks a lot more like a list of notaries and not a flashing billboard for a sleazy hotel.

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/6/06 3:13pm
Msg #131192

Excellent. Great job, Joe.

I seem to recall one or two people that said they would change their profile depending on what NotRot said. So let's see if they put their money where their mouth is.

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 7/8/06 1:07am
Msg #131708

Re: Excellent. Great job, Joe.

>I seem to recall one or two people that said they would change their profile
>depending on what NotRot said. So let's see if they put their money where their mouth is.

As of yet, "they" have said nothing.

Let us have somebody from the NOTROT staff post a notice about the issue, then you may look to see that it's been done and be assured at least I will have it done on mine as soon as I can.

No disrespect to Joe intended, if I wanted the best signing agent / notary he would obviously be very high on the short list considering his years of service and experience, and on that point I have no quibble.

On the other hand, someone already physically "high" on the list anyway who complains so loudly about listings that have OBVIOUSLY been allowed for some time, who then posts third party discourse about it supposedly from the forum owners as notice that the "offending" listings should be instantly altered, discourse from an email to boot (which has always been expressly forbidden in most all of the forums I have been associated with, for obvious reasons), simply sounds too easy.

Just off vacation OR not, posting something for us all to see that is first hand would have taken all of 20 seconds, and I'm frankly confused as to, IF it was important enough to send a 138 word email to one complaining person why it wasn't expressed officially to us all, at the same time. If indeed they want it changed, we can expect the notice to be forthcoming, and I expect my post here will guaranty it.

Sorry to say so Joe, no disrespect, as I have already said, intended.

I feel like this was a pretty petty issue to even bring up as a person in your position, which I can easily forgive IF the owners of the forum agree and want the previously allowed marketing to be eliminated.

It was done as simply that, marketing, and those who joined in the last year that found listings like that already there certainly had to at least consider doing the same. That's how the "game" is played, is it not?

But, like you, few of my new client contacts have come from the marketing I have done here, and I DO ask EVERYONE who calls for the first time. What I have in the way of a profile is in all other respects identical to my profiles elsewhere (by design), I have no real preference as to how my profile's listing is "titled" here or anywhere else that allows it.

I only put what is presently there in place because there were already several there like it when I first entered my data, and it made zero sense not to use the marketing philosophy being currently used by others in the list.

As for how the listing "looks" to anyone ......... well ........ have you been READING some of the posts recently????????

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.