Notary Rotary
Nations Signature Closers is on my personal No No List
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 10:47am
Msg #135330

7/24 - They called and asked for an o/n appointment tonight 7/26 at 6 pm. I gave them my fee and they put me on hold while they got it approved for $1xx. No confirmation came.

7/25 - They called at 3:30 pm yesterday and asked me for another closing - same area. I thought they were confused and told them I thought it was already scheduled for me for 6 pm 7/26. No, that one IS scheduled for you, this is another one. I quoted my fee and they said they'd have to get that approved. We can only pay $1xx.00. No call back for my $1xx fee. Obviously not approved. No big deal. I get it.

7/26 - I called this morning to tell them that I could not keep the appointment for 6 pm on my calendar unless I got a confirmation. Seems they have no record of the one for 7/24.

I am not complaining that they did not send a confirmation because that's my fault for not following up on the 24th.

I am just telling you that they play this game. I won't take another one from them.

Reply by SLP_VA on 7/26/06 10:54am
Msg #135331

Wow Brenda. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I do closings for them on a regular basis and I never have that problem. They always meet my fee and confirmation comes within 10 minutes of the call.

Have you had that problem with them in the past?

Reply by ck_KY on 7/26/06 10:56am
Msg #135332

I'm sorry to hear that too. I have had nothing but good experiences with NSC.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 7/26/06 11:00am
Msg #135334

I did a closing for them last month. They were pretty quick with the confirmation emails and accepted my fee. I was called again by them recently however I could not do the closing for them. They were pretty good to me.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/26/06 11:09am
Msg #135337

Brenda I get a couple of closings a month from them. If I don't have a confirm within 1 hour from the call I know something is up and call them.

Seems when a appointment is canceled (or what ever the reason maybe)before the confirm goes out you are left hanging. Made that mistake once along time ago with them.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 11:15am
Msg #135339

Re: Nations Signature Closers - response

This file was not scheduled with you due to the fee you gave our scheduler of $1xx. I do see a note where it states you could do this if we couldn't find anyone else, which we did this time. Sorry for any confusion!

Trish Gray
Nations Signature Closers
Team Lead - Team 2
phone: 866-291-8891 x 5114
email: [e-mail address]

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 11:16am
Msg #135341

Re: Nations Signature Closers - So there you have it.

I was a back up.

I wish they would have mentioned that to me!

I took the job and put it on my calendar in good faith.

It will never, ever happen again.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 7/26/06 11:20am
Msg #135342

Re: Nations Signature Closers - So there you have it.

you go girl...stick to your guns. *@#@ me once shame on you....*@#@ me twich shame on me...BYLH...at least you have people calling you....my phone might as well be turned off "Doc"

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 11:21am
Msg #135343

Just now a nice apology also by phone from "Sandy" on behalf of whoever did that to me.

They can never use me because of my fees, she said. I understand that. As I told her, next time how about not telling a notary the fee is approved when you don't mean it.

Reply by DWSNC1 on 7/26/06 12:55pm
Msg #135381

Your experience, coupled with many folks' questions regarding integrity of a SS, low ball offers, short turnaround/incomplete/inaccurate packages, etc. caused me to stay out of this endeavor. It may be the nature of the business, but I realized its not for me as I have zero tolerance for the less than professional "fly by nighters".

I also realize there are very professional SS's, and I congratulate them!

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 1:23pm
Msg #135384

Yes, NSC is one of the better SSs IMHO.

It's very disappointing to know the information I learned through this situation. Clearly, they knew they did not have me as first choice and listed me as a back up.

Two apologies are appreciated for the "mix-up," but I'd rather them just tell me that I was the back up, not that I should put it on my calendar.

That they apologized via phone and email explains this was the situation was not my imagination.

It's nice they cared enough to call and apologize, but I am not impressed.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 3:05pm
Msg #135406

I am a sucker.

They called, I took the signing... again...checked to approve my fee...okay...again, they approved my fee...conf. came...no edocs and am I going to hold up my good, steady Rev Mort borrowers? No... I am unable to do it.

By the way...they had pulled me from the system, but by golly, the fourth time around they FOUND ME ON NOTARYROTARY.COM.

Reply by Jason on 7/26/06 7:29pm
Msg #135443

NSC - both a TC + SS

NSC acts as both a TC + SS.

If they are the TC on the loan, then you can get decent fees and treatment.

If they are the SS, they will lowball, call around, be funky.

Anytime NSC calls, I always find out if they are producing the HUD.
If yes, TC. If no, I pass.

Never NSC on last day to sign. Everyone seems to lie on LD2S.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/26/06 10:03pm
Msg #135465

Re: NSC - both a TC + SS - the wrap up...

Well...they did not get the docs to me on time and I have a rev mort on my schedule...and we all know how rev morts depend on you to get there on the time they want you there. I pushed them back 30 minutes to try to work it in, but nope...the docs did not come.

I got a call after my rev mort WAAAAAYYYY out in the sticks from the notary who was contacted. Bless his heart, he had quoted them $40 b/c he thought it was a ONE notary certificate job. He never got the docs and did not understand the situation. Thought I had them.

The bwr also called me wondering where the he77 I was. I had asked NSC specifically if they would be squaring up with bwr or should I. I *knew* I shd have called, but they said 'do not call." I didn't.

They waited for me 2.5 hrs.

Other notaries should NOT turn them down based on my experience. Just like someone else mentioned, be SURE to get the conf. immediately. As I reflect on this, I now remember this happening another time last year with them on two jobs and how confused I was that the docs never materialized.

Problem is when you work with TCs and LOs you forget that SSs might do this to you. My fault, mea culpa...learn from my experience and do not let them keep a place on your schedule when the conf. does not come immediately.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.