Msg #136049

OT - Evan

Brenda/TX wrote in Message #136044:

"Thanks so much notaries...

From Evan's mom:

Brenda,

What can I say except, "I am so humbled and so touched. Thank you! Thank
you! Thank you!" You have no idea how much it means to have so many people
from all over the country praying for Evan. Wow!

Mom spoke with the doc's office late yesterday afternoon.

Unforunately, not all of the tests have arrived. However, enough tests have
come in that the doc is ruling out a bacterial infection. He thinks
it's probably a viral infection or Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Hopefully, we'll know something on Monday.

We've seen some improvement in the boy. While he doesn't want to walk, he
hasn't had Ibuprofen since yesterday evening and his temperature has only
risen to 100.1 degrees. This is good for him. Also, he seems to just feel
better in general. The prayers are being answered!"

And Dennis says: Praise the Lord, Brenda!

Reply by Debra Holston on 7/29/06 11:49pm
Msg #136062

Praise the Lord is right. God said When 2-3 are gathered in my name there I shall be also.
You couldn't ask for better prayer warriors than the ones on notary rotary. My prayers shall continue for Little Evan and his entire family. Not only after he recovers but forever.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/30/06 12:52am
Msg #136063

Re: OT - Evan - warning - faith based remarks

Absolutely. All these remarks, supportive comments, and prayer are being taken very seriously and being passed along.

Given the fact that the baby has been miserable for two weeks and is now feeling better since you all began to pray for him, combined with the fact that his mom told me today that she has actually been able to sleep and feel a lot less stressed since we began to say prayers for Evan my faith in prayer is reinforced and yes, I do praise my God for this.

I deeply appreciate that you have all prayed for Evan to be better, no matter where you were directing your prayers, no matter what your religious belief and I am extremely grateful to my God that this little boy is more comfortable, even without medication.

I do not want to overstep my welcome with remarks regarding my faith which may offend others because that's not what God's purpose is in my life. It is not my way of doing what I privately think of as "the Lord's work" He has called me to. I attempt to increase my faith by acting in faith and in love and by attempting to increase peace moreso than disharmony. Faith is a choice. If it were set up to be otherwise, faith would not be necessary.

One thing that always brings me pause to consider is that I know of athiests and those who are not believers of the same faith I am, and I know that they perform more kindly in some ways, and more righteously in daily life even though they do not believe the way I do. Sometimes they act "righter" than I would even though they are not driven by the choice of living by Jewish or Chrisitan principle.

Because I know these things about them and that they are perhaps more innately better than I am without my moral compass (my chosen compass which is based on Judeo-Christian principle) it is my choice to be respectful of that and to appreciate them as "people" I care for no matter what their beliefs...and, through that respect, I recognize they may not want to hear what I feel and believe on a spiritual level. So, with this in mind, I am quieter about my faith among notaries. Nonetheless my faith is unwavering and I do believe in miracles brought to reality by faith and prayer. I always bear in mind, however, that I do not have all the answers to everything and that some things are just not going to be answered in this life...especially where faith issues are concerned.

I quite truly believe that many things about my life are miracles though some would see them as coincidences or something derived by my own hand. I know better because I know me and how things have occurred.

Evan's situation was brought to this board with these things in mind because my family feels very helpless right now, and faith is the only direction that makes any sense in this situation. We are very appreciative of each moment of thought in every person's day who choses to quietly consider him, to pray for him or to give personal time and consideration to our need in this way.

I do humbly remember that this is a professional board and that to some this is a selfish or inappropriate place to bring this request. To those who allow this without calling me out for it, I am grateful. Thank you. And, I thank everyone also for your consideration and for your prayers. Yes, I do praise God for praying friends, I praise God for friends who indulge me in this prayer request in spite of their beliefs which are different from mine, and especially for the relief which has been graciously given to the baby this last 24 hours.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/30/06 1:19am
Msg #136066

Re: OT - Evan - Debra

I have passed on the information you called me about. They are looking into it.

Reply by celeste/ca on 7/30/06 9:06am
Msg #136069

Re: OT -OT (GOD)

We are called out a Christians to spread the word of God throughout. Many will turn away, few will answer the knock. He truly does work miracles when it is put in his hands with belief and faith. It is wonderful to hear how prayers are answered! Thank you Brenda, for standing firm with God.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 7/30/06 6:43pm
Msg #136185

I am happy to hear that Evan is feeling better. Nothing breaks my heart more then a child that is ill. I have 5 grandaughters of various ages, and the youngest grandchild is a boy almost Evan's age. You bet that we pray for your little Evan to be up and around terrorizing his family in the way only a two year old can do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.