Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Relocated to florida is it slow down here or is it just me?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by FLdocrunner on 7/6/06 6:36am
Msg #131038

Good morning. I relocated from Kentucky to Florida 6 months ago. I received my Florida notary and started the long tedious process of advising my clients that used me in Kentucky of new addresses and phone numbers. I have not received a single call here in Florida. I had a great amount of work in Kentucky but had no choice but to relocate. I know it takes time for signing and title companies to get you into their systems but I am wondering if any other Florida notaries have noticed a slow down here or has it always been slow. Thanks for your input. Have a great day!

Reply by Peg on 7/6/06 6:47am
Msg #131040

The market is FLOODED here with...

notaries. I do not think thier is any part of FL that is not all ready swamped with too many notaries and too little work. I figure anyone who started this business in the last year or so in FL will only work for peanuts. IMO (you will / can have those real go getters that can make it anywhere!)

Keep hitting the pavement and knocking down doors. It's not picnic in FL for sure!

(Where are you? What county?)

Reply by FLdocrunner on 7/6/06 6:54am
Msg #131042

Re: The market is FLOODED here with...

Im in Citrus county and service Hernando, sumter, Lake, Marion, Levy. Thank you so much for the info. I had the luxury in Kentucky of being the only notary in a 100 mile radius. I was always busy there. I checked down here and there are 210 notaries in my area down here. I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 7/6/06 9:05am
Msg #131067

Check your profile on here

It is coming up as KY after your name. Did you change your address, etc on all the data basis? If not, that may be one of the reasons you are not getting calls. Another thing, after you contact all of your former clients, wait a week or so (not during crunch week) and then start calling them back to check whether they have gotten their data base updated. And start contacting any you have not previously worked for and market to them, stressing your experience. Also, this past month has been the slowest I've experienced in 4-1/2 years.

Reply by TLR_KY on 7/6/06 4:15pm
Msg #131231

Re: Check your profile on here

Hi Cheryl, I was wondering were you went. I had been referring some business your way and someone told me you had moved. Good luck in Florida.

Reply by FLdocrunner on 7/6/06 7:50pm
Msg #131322

Re: Check your profile on here

Hi TLR KY Thanks so much. I had to relocate due to a family crisis. Hated to leave and now that I see how flooded the Central Florida market is I hate it even more. I appreciate your recommendations in Kentucky very much. Im in Citrus county Florida now. Best of luck to you and thanks again!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.