Notary Rotary
Sarahbeth, I responded on the feedback forum as well
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by RunninDocs on 7/11/06 10:16am
Msg #132307

who said something about children running to tell on others.
come on now.
i was the one saying grow up people and act as adults, not 13 yr olds

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/11/06 10:18am
Msg #132310

Now we know why you don't have a link to your profile.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/11/06 10:19am
Msg #132311

They couldn't take the hate mail. n/m

Reply by RunninDocs on 7/11/06 10:28am
Msg #132317

Re: They couldn't take the hate mail.- have no

problem giving an email. i would expect hatemail from posters on this board. they like conflict and seem to crave it.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/11/06 10:24am
Msg #132313

OASI=Only a sick individual

would have opened up their mouth in the way you did. The rules state "Do not personally attack, insult or degrade other users". Oh and I never said anything about children running to tell. Harry doesn't have the time to moderate all posts. I do however feel that when one acts in such a sick manner that it be brought up to Harry so that he can deal with it as he sees fit. In regards to growing up can't you be adult enough to follow the rules and become a contributor.

Reply by RunninDocs on 7/11/06 10:32am
Msg #132320

again

if the cliche would shut their mouths and open their eyes more they would see a whole lot more.
but i guess you have the be a member of the cliche to have the authority to be blunt.

i'll start sugar-coating my responses so not to hurt feelings and then at the bottom have a disclaimer area with the blunt response so as all can get it. whichever you feel you can handle , then read

Reply by cyndi_ca on 7/11/06 10:33am
Msg #132321

I just wonder RD

Did ya wake up this am and see who you could pick on or is this your usual self. Sad.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 7/11/06 10:51am
Msg #132328

Re: I just wonder RD

Whats even more sad is...

i Be sew diScusted ta thank dat RD wer evEr an eduacator. mus ta been on punctiation and sentENce structor.... geeeeze RunD!

and amidst all the name-calling and juvenile defense tactics, RD continues to request that everyone else should act mature and futher their academia... ROFL

Reply by RunninDocs on 7/11/06 10:55am
Msg #132330

i was responding as you are now.

just because i don't sugar-coat things that makes it wrong?

let me give you an example;

a son (8 yrs) goes golfing with his father and some of his buddies, he's going to be the "ball finder". they each tee off and the last one says " i think it went in the sand trap". the son replies innocently, "yeah it's in the sand."
the son asks the father if he can now go find everyone's ball" and anyone can tell he seems a little embarrassed by his sons remark to his buddy who teed off last.
the son runs around finding each ball and points to it.
he comes running back and the last guy says, "did you find mine?" the son says "it's still in the sand, but remembering the look on his fathers face before adds; "but it's only a little way in the sand."

now i think that the son wasn't wrong, but made to feel wrong by his father because of the look he gave earlier. the son spoke the truth and it wasn't anything bad.
it was in fact laughed about and talked about how wonderful children are will their views and how that shot is very little to worry about and hearing that out loud made him stop and think about the things that really don't matter and the things that deserve worry in his life.

or at least that's what my friend told me on the way to hit his shot from the sand, but maybe he was just trying to make me feel better. i don't think so because otherwise he might not have told everyone at the table later about it.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 7/11/06 11:03am
Msg #132332

Re: I see by your story..

That either you cannot discern the difference between innocent purposeful honesty and the non-utile malicious airing of a hurtful truth
... or ....
You are only 8 years old....so its ok...let it rip

Still ROFL@U

Reply by cyndi_ca on 7/11/06 11:03am
Msg #132333

Cute story, however there

is a difference in being truthful and not sugar coating and being hateful, of which you were doing.
You helped me make that point in your story. Thank you.

Reply by JO_PA on 7/11/06 10:49am
Msg #132326

Re: No matter what alias you use, you always give yourself

away. I don't know who you think you're fooling, but you always sound the same and post in the same manner.
Stop crying to Harry! He's done wonders here on the board. He knows who you are, and you can be assured that he knows you are the one trying to upset the rest of the board.
You keep telling people to grow up and act professional. What have YOU contributed to being professional? Absolutely NOTHING!!!!!
You are truely a sad individual.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 7/11/06 11:45am
Msg #132352

RD's comment to Brenda regarding a personal tragedy......

was beyond pathetic.
I still maintain that the best method to utilize in treating
"children" misbehaving in this manner is to ignor them.
When they do not get the attention that they are seeking, they
will take their toys to a different sand box
My father, of blessed memory, used to tell me that there
is no point in getting into a pi$$ing contest with a skunk. You will
just end up wet and smelly , and the skunk will still be a skunk.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 7/11/06 11:54am
Msg #132360

Re: RD's comment to Brenda regarding a personal tragedy......

You are correct on the 'Ignore' tactic...but sometimes its just to much fun to 'Juke' them around a bit. I like the skunk adage...Its sort of like winning the 'Rat-race' but still being a rat.

My grandfather used to say "You can only act like a skunk for so long , before someone catches wind of you....LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.