Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Survey: Would you work under these conditions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 7/18/06 11:42am
Msg #133807

I was asked to do a signing at the very last minute. But I was told that if the loan does not fund I will get zilch,nada,zero,il nage,nitchs!

A print fee? NO!
A Trip fee? NO!

Obviously I decline the signing. Oh yeah somebody said that if you dont take it you will get 100% of nothing but if you take it "Maybe you will get paid" something.

But I have gone to borrowers home's and there are so many reasons that a signing can go south and 99% of the time is not Notaries fault.

Reply by ruru_CA on 7/18/06 11:49am
Msg #133809

NO, Never, you have to at least know you will get back what you your self paid for.

Reply by John_NorCal on 7/18/06 11:50am
Msg #133810

Re: Survey: Would you work under these conditions? No way! n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/18/06 11:52am
Msg #133811

I'm also leery with that kind of request, especially from a new company.
I have had too many experiences with L/O's trying to "sneak" new figures
on borrowers, last ditch effort to bully them into accepting fees/rates.
I probably would've also declined, unless I had a good working relationship
with the company or a positive past experience with the L/O.
JMO

Reply by MB_AZ on 7/18/06 11:52am
Msg #133812

No, I won't take an assignment if payment depends on funding. If we printed docs, made the trip, docs were signed and notarized and shipped back, we have done our job. If it doesn't fund due to a notarial error, that's a different story. JMO

Reply by Calnotary on 7/18/06 12:03pm
Msg #133813

When this SS called, they told me that they don't get paid one cent if loan does not fund. But I did a reverse phone search on her number and on her website she states "FULL FEE FOR NO SIGN OR NO SHOW" So if the loan does not fund, they still get paid but not the notary they hired. Ha!! Now I know why so many schedulers call with their caller ID blocked. LOL

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/18/06 12:23pm
Msg #133816

How about a name for this *no payer*.

Reply by jojodatura on 7/18/06 1:15pm
Msg #133822

No, no way! I just found out a signing I did, didnot fund. There was nothing in the instructions that I wouldn't get paid. But many times in the instructions they said if I did anything wrong I would not get paid. So I wouldn't put it pass them.

Reply by MB_AZ on 7/18/06 1:04pm
Msg #133819

I don't answer my cell phone if it says # blocked or unidentified. I'm sure I probably miss out on some business but most of the co's I work with leave a message for me to call back if I cannot answer the call.

Reply by DM_FL on 7/18/06 2:36pm
Msg #133835

I had a similar situation just last week. A new company called for a last minute signing. When I asked if they paid for loans that cancelled after the signing, I was told they pay only half. I turned them down.

When I work, I expect to get paid. If the borrower cancels after the signing, it doesn't change the fact that I completed the full job--not half of the job. Why should I do the same amount of work as I would for a loan that funds and accept only half of my fee because the loan doesn't fund due to no fault of mine? It just doesn't make sense.

If I could feed that line to my utility compay, car insurance company, paper supplier, toner supplier, gas station, tire supplier and phone company and get them to accept only half of what I owe them, then I wouldn't mind.

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 7/18/06 3:26pm
Msg #133844

I don't even have a relationship with any clients who pay like that ........

Reply by Life Saving Services - Doug on 7/18/06 5:32pm
Msg #133864

Well tell them if I am going to roll the dice with you how about this. If it funds I am paid $300.00 if it does not fund then nothing zilch zip. This way I can play the odds along with them. Not here take a minimal fee and if it does not fund go south with us too.....

Reply by Keys_Notary on 7/18/06 9:24pm
Msg #133936

No! Hang up the phone

Why would you want to work & not get paid?

Reply by Calnotary on 7/19/06 8:35am
Msg #133986

you want to know who they are?

My Mobile Notary
Thousand Oaks, CA
805-444-xxxx

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.