You need to read this
Notary Discussion History

You need to read this
Go Back to July, 2006 Index

Posted by Joe Ewing on 7/3/06 2:58pm
Msg #130584

You need to read this

Use this form to make changes to your on-line profile
If you need to permanently delete your Notary Rotary account, please click here.

User Profile
User Type: PersonCompany (Are you a company or a person?)
First Name/Division: (Person's first name OR company division)
Last Name/Company: * (Last name OR company name)
User Name:
New Password: (6 to 12 alphanumeric characters)
Retype Password:

*** It specifically says PERSONS FIRST NAME OR COMPANY DIVISION***
*** It specifically says LAST NAME OR COMPANY NAME***

IT DOES NOT SAY LAST NAME AND COMPANY NAME AND SEE MY WEBSITE AND "YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS AND PHONE NUMBER AND WORTHLESS SIGNING AGENT CERTIFICATION AND SPANISH SPEAKING........ DOES IT?

Reply by Anonymous on 7/3/06 3:18pm
Msg #130588

Joe hunny you really need to let this go

you are looking like your in need of some attention and thats NOT always a good thing on a message board!

Just send a message to Harry and stop this, its not looking good for you.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/3/06 4:04pm
Msg #130595

Re: Joe hunny you really need to let this go

seriously, it's getting ridiculous. things have finally calmed down here over the past couple of days and now we have to deal with this childish crap?

Reply by ananotary on 7/3/06 3:28pm
Msg #130590

Joe,

I just read the thread below. It will be intersting to see what Harry's opinion is on this subject. If it stays the same then I would just "join the crowd".

I noticed that you said Jeremy stopped all signing services from his site, but if you look in the Orange County area (OC Beaches) then you will see Surf City Mobile listed. We all know that she is a signing service and a terrible one at that.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 7/3/06 4:54pm
Msg #130606

I do agree that Signing Services should not be displayed under "Find a Notary" with Signing Agents.
However, telling other SA's what is and is not appropriate to put in their listing is going a bit too far. If they use their own unique style they are accused of being "cheaters". If they create it like all the others in the database they are accused of "plagiarism", how many different ways can someone say "mobile notary" or "signing agent".
I do not concern myself with a listing that is not mine, because it is ultimately "none of my business".
This is JMHO!

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 7/3/06 4:53pm
Msg #130605

Re: Harry, will you please put flashing lights or dancing

can-can girls by Joe's name/listing so we can get past this stupidity?

Reply by Joe Ewing on 7/3/06 5:57pm
Msg #130617

Re: Harry, will you please put flashing lights or dancing

Nothing next to my name AND everyone else's name will be fine with me.

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/3/06 6:03pm
Msg #130618

You took a fair point and went completely off the deep end

How about just e-mailing Harry and posting his response? Or ask him to post about it on the forum. The rest of this has become nonsense.

Reply by Joe Ewing on 7/3/06 6:14pm
Msg #130623

Re: You took a fair point and went completely off the deep end

You are absolutely right Al I did take it too far and I'm sorry for that. However some of the worst offenders in the entire nation are in my county and it needed to be said. You did read that they choose to ridicule me instead of admitting wrongdoing.

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/3/06 7:15pm
Msg #130633

I don't blame you for being frustrated

But it's all a moot point until Harry tells us what's acceptable and what isn't. I'm very interested in what he has to say.

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 7/3/06 8:09pm
Msg #130641

Re: You took a fair point and went completely off the deep e

> You are absolutely right Al I did take it too far and I'm sorry for that.

Well ....... THAT'S a first! Smile

>However some of the worst offenders in the entire nation are in my county and it needed to be
>said.

Twice??????

>You did read that they choose to ridicule me

Joe, if it sounded to you like I was ridiculing you I apologize. It wasn't intended that way, you just have a very thin skin when others offer an oposing opinion to yours.

>instead of admitting wrongdoing.

You seem to be the only one claiming what you're pointing out is wrong.

I'll ask the question again .......

IS IT JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DO IT, TOO?????????

>*** It specifically says PERSONS FIRST NAME OR COMPANY DIVISION***
>*** It specifically says LAST NAME OR COMPANY NAME***

It specifically doesn't say ONLY. Many interpreted that one way, you did so another way. And, as it ain't your call ........ I'll wait until Harry asks that anything extraneous be removed, after which I will happily oblige.

How many times are you gonna yell about this at the top of your voice? Do you REALLY think it has hurt your business???????????

Reply by Joe Ewing on 7/3/06 9:24pm
Msg #130650

Hurt my business? Since January 2006 I have gotten 2 calls from the overwhelmingly impressive comments in my profile . I'm ahead by about $420. So obviously I could give a rats A when I get most of my assignments from somewhere else. I actively support this site with my premier membership fees and I exclusively recommend and sell Harry's products in my Notary Classes. But yes I have a thin skin.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/4/06 12:11am
Msg #130663

Re: Joe remember the high blood pressure and heart attack...

don't get upset......it's not worth it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/4/06 10:01am
Msg #130685

It's been interesting to see how Joe's been dismissed as going off the "deep end." Hardly. I have seen much deeper dives taken by others over much less, including myself.

As far as I am concerned we all have our hot buttons (things we feel passionate about) ranging from poachers, to strong opinions, to anons, to what's professional, ethics, politics, being stalked, being discredited, being forced to link to a profile with our names on it, what it costs to do a signing, or what we ought to charge, mentoring, etc., etc.. That Joe wants the rules followed on profiles which affects our business is hardly a dive off the deep end.

It would not take too much to go back through the posts and find issues that many of us have made too big of a deal over.

Just to be clear, I don't know Joe. Had a five minute chat with him and others the other night and other than that, I don't know him from Adam.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 7/4/06 10:24am
Msg #130692

Re: Brenda this may be true but Joe is going to develop

all sorts of health issues if not from this board alone for how upsetting this has become......

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 7/4/06 12:48pm
Msg #130725

>Hurt my business? Since January 2006 I have gotten 2 calls from the overwhelmingly
>impressive comments in my profile. I'm ahead by about $420. So obviously I could give
>a rats A when I get most of my assignments from somewhere else.

Joe, I'm not sure I would have quantified remarks I had made in this forum exactly like that, but, then, how you answered that question was entirely up to you.

I would never, NEVER try to ridicule your obvious superior experience in this business.

Why, I'll bet you could even have come close to the mythical six figure income touted by the NNA years ago when you started.

No matter how you have done, or do now in the business, I would never stoop to not acknowledge your training and experience.

But, if you "could obviously give a rats A when you get most of your assignments from somewhere else" it begs the question why you would risk any character assassination attempts bringing up the issue of how others list themselves in the listing titles multiple times, at the top of your voice.

>I actively support this site with my premier membership fees and I exclusively recommend and
>sell Harry's products in my Notary Classes.

Which makes one wonder why our profile lists four other organizations but not this one, but I'm sure you probably make up for it in person.

>But yes I have a thin skin.

No worries Amigo .......... many do!! Smile

Reply by patricia on 7/4/06 8:16am
Msg #130680

I just checked my zip code and there 5 persons advertising with a "signing service" name rather than just their name. Funny thing is on their profiles they dont list many if any qualifications to actually do the job. As far as I am concerned they can call themselves anything they want.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.