Notary Rotary
Gentleman, we can rebuild him...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2006 Index

Posted by JJKoriyama on 10/17/06 11:11am
Msg #153003

I'm back to post and invite people to check out my blog at http://jjkoriyama.blogspot.com

Why JJKoriyama you ask? Lets just say, I'm thanking someone for that little gift. Like any good businessman will tell you. You turn every perceived weakness into a strength. So, for those of you that still want to call me JJ...go right ahead. Because I'm lovin it!

Reply by MINY on 10/17/06 11:19am
Msg #153006

Where have you been Jahari ? n/m

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 11:41am
Msg #153014

Re: Where have you been Jahari ?

Building a better Jahari. Challenging myself by studying for the new SAT at 32 soon to be 33 and planning a return to school for Business and Media Communications with a Minor in Film. Creating and starting my blog and further developing that and a few other websites and other business interests for added revenue streams. Campaigning for our Governor's reelection here in Michigan and spreading the word about Democratic candidates running for the House and Senate across the country with as many as 50 House seats and as many as 10 Senate seats in play. Could be more after what happened today. Also sadly watching my Yankees bite it in the ALCS but what a story with the Tigers eh? I'm a Yankee fan but hot damn, the Tigers have a solid pitching game!!! Tigers/Mets in the World Series! You heard it here from me first.

Reply by Gary_CA on 10/17/06 11:53am
Msg #153020

Now it all makes sense

A Yankee's fan, no less... yeppers...

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 11:56am
Msg #153022

America's team baby...you guessed it! n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 10/17/06 12:14pm
Msg #153027

America's team left NY for SoCal 40 years ago :) n/m

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 12:53pm
Msg #153034

Re: America's team left NY for SoCal 40 years ago :)

Wow, you're talkin' old school Brooklyn Dodgers. I'm feelin you but I'm still a Yankee fan. Gehrig, Ruth, Mantle, and many many more greats have played for them! Kinda bums me out their gonna build a new Yankee stadium.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/17/06 12:55pm
Msg #153036

my Mother put us down for naps at 1pm a hundred years ago so she could watch the Cubs.
(I think) To this day, everytime I hear a baseball announcer it is snooze-o-matic...I am out.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 1:04pm
Msg #153039

I hear you on that Charm. Being there is wayyyy different than watching at home listening to Joe Buck.

Reply by Mia on 10/17/06 2:48pm
Msg #153076

Gary -- they left in 1957 n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/17/06 3:25pm
Msg #153091

Re: Gary -- they left in 1957. That's right...

I remember all the fighting going on at Chavez Ravine the site of Dodger Stadium. The city of Los Angeles invoked eminent domain to build the stadium. They had to move out a lot of people, some willingly, some not so willingly.

Reply by Gary_CA on 10/17/06 3:37pm
Msg #153098

Hmmm...

that's interesting, because Dodger's Stadium was the first PRIVATELY built baseball park in the nation... and there was use of immenent domain?

the more things change...

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/17/06 6:02pm
Msg #153134

Re: Gary -- they left in 1957. That's right...

Wow John! You bring back some memories. I learned to keep score (baseball!) on a score sheet watching many many games at Chavez Ravine. Also had family friends displaced (unwillingly!) when Dodger Stadium went up.

Reply by MINY on 10/17/06 1:35pm
Msg #153056

Re: Now it all makes sense

I AM LOVIN NY! anyway will do! Yankee/Mets doesnt matter! Dont take it to heart folks. Im a N.Y. kind of girl but lovin my michigander hubbie. Watchin the game is fun @ our house lately.
oh yeah Gary ......... Bite Me! Tiger/ Mets game...... That WILL rock!

Reply by Mia on 10/17/06 2:45pm
Msg #153074

Re:MI/NY

You should see the looks I get when I wear my YANKEES Baseball hat. ;-)
Nobody has dared to say anything to me (yet) but, when they do they will get
an ear full in a New York minute. I still have the "New Yawka personality".

My Uncle has had a box at Yankee Stadium from before I was born.

Reply by MINY on 10/17/06 3:11pm
Msg #153085

Yeah for Mia!

I grew up not far from the stadium. Didnt seem like anything special till I came here. OH dont'ca worrie Im sportin ALL my NY gear right now. Right down to the Bling!! Yup Yup Got NY Bling too baby!! Im full of personality too.

Reply by bestcal on 10/17/06 11:32am
Msg #153011

Welcome back!Checked out your blog.Thanks!

Reply by Poppy on 10/17/06 11:48am
Msg #153017

Hope and growth Jahari... That's what life is all about! n/m

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 11:51am
Msg #153018

If you liked that, then you'll love the video on my Habeus Corpus post. Check it out!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/06 12:51pm
Msg #153033

A Public Service Announcement

Recently the rules and regs of NR were clarified. Subsequently Jihad Jahari has now directed us to his political left wing conspiracy theorist windbag blog. Should you go there out of curiosity heed the following warning. Be sure to don your tinfoil hats and rubber gloves prior to clicking on the link as the purpose of the blog is to force enlightenment upon your uneducated selves. Yup don't completely break the rules, just bend them to suit your own agenda.

ps. haha Yankees lost!!

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 1:03pm
Msg #153037

Re: A Public Service Announcement

What the hell are you talkin about? Your public disservice announcement is elementary and moronic Sarahbeth. Obviously you've not rid yourself of that card carrying group that loves to twist anything to their own end. And for the record, for one to say that The US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and Habeus Corpus are political left wing conspiracy theory is absolutely idiotic. Please, mature by about 20 years and read something book thats not by Jackie Collins, Danielle Steel or Dr. Seuss. Perhaps if you actually read my blog you'd know its about a great deal more than what you are attempting to label and pigeonhole it to be. And yes, the Yankees lost, but I'm mature enough to know that after the way they played in Game 4 they deserved to lose and can be happy for the Tigers and root for them.

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/17/06 1:14pm
Msg #153041

Welcome back Jahari, liked your blog....

The Constitution of the United States. Probably one of the greatest pieces ever written, something that many of us have fought for and too many have died for. Good luck with your plans!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/06 1:28pm
Msg #153051

There are rules here

One is no political talk. But you refuse to follow that rule. One way or another you'll find a way to work around those rules. The issue is your complete inability to follow the rules and your complete lack of respect for them.The issue is not the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or Habeus Corpus which was not what I was addressing because I wasn't trying to find a way to get around the rules. But you seem to think that you are above the rules. And when one is dealing with one who won't follow the rules a tinfoil hat and gloves are neccesary items.

Oh I am very happy for the Tigers. If I am considered immature for laughing at the Yankees for not making it to the big dance again then I've got at least another week of laughing to do. hahaha

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 1:38pm
Msg #153057

Re: There are rules here

I hate to disagree with you SarahBeth but I did not bring up anything political, only my plans and what I have been up to. If you consider my publicly stating that I have been helping with the election of Democratic candidates nationwide and for the Governorship of Michigan, then I'm betting you just that petty to label any post containing the words Republican, Democrat, election, debate, justice, vote, or America, as political when it clearly is not. Nice try, though.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/06 2:07pm
Msg #153065

You just don't get it

And you don't want to either. You came in and posted a link to your blog. Anyone who has read even the smallest of percentage of your posts knows that they are almost always of a political nature. That in itself is the proverbial middle finger at the rules and is the utmost in immaturity. You can't just drop it. You can throw any red herring into this that you want but it won't change that JJ is trying to find a way to get around the rules. This post has nothing to do with your reply on what you have been doing which needed no answer because it's no surprise that your involved in politics, go right on ahead, it's the American way, just keep it off the boards My response is, was, and will only be on your original posts lack of respect for the rules.

Now let's see how will he respond? Only a couple of possibilties, hatred, anger, threats. One thing for sure he wont keep his mouth shut. In fact I don't expect him to. But for me I am so done with this for now.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/06 2:33pm
Msg #153066

Right out of the activist playbook, if you can't convince

them with the force of your argument devolve into direct personal attacks. Nothing has changed and you are absolutely right. By the way, nice to see you post again and I'm glad that Texas agrees with you. It seems to be an acquired taste but one I enjoy. I've sent many happy days betwee Corpus Christia and Austin. In particular I've always enjoyed Octoberfest in New Braunfels. One of my absolute most favorite areas!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/06 2:40pm
Msg #153071

Yes Tx agrees with me

Now I'm a city girl and still getting used to the country. The latest here is one of the neighbors has expanded his heard. Last night my hubby and were laying in bed at about midnight and we couldn't stop laughing at the cows mooing. Wouldn't you know it this morning at 6:30 the cows were completely quite. Looks like we got the all night party cows out here.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 10/17/06 4:08pm
Msg #153108

Party Cows! OMGosh

The board is killing me today. I have forgotten about my crybaby hairdresser who cancelled on me today.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/17/06 4:13pm
Msg #153109

Re: Yes Tx agrees with me - All night cattle mooing

usually goes along with a significant change to the members of the herd. If I tell you the real reason, you will be sad every time for the mommy cows. Just think of it like they are sending their little ones off to live at a new farm...to marry, grow up and have little cows of their own.

Sometimes it could mean a wild "predator" type worrying them. Small wildcats, hyenas, dogs...etc.

But party? Well...maybe...go check to see if they are all wearing moo shoes.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/17/06 4:56pm
Msg #153118

Re: Right out of the activist playbook - Oktoberfest!

Charles - I have not thought about Oktoberfest in forever. My mother has always been a bigger fan than I . . . right now, mom and I are too busy prancing from a soon Wedding and Beer Brawl at Duddly's Draw (my cousin's wedding) to lovely ladylike tea parties for Rob's bride/wedding in Dec., to Niecelet's Christening to engagement event, to planning rehersal dinner w/ ex and wife-in-law, to wedding shower to wedding dress-buying event for me/mom, etc.

Right now, all I can think about is family and wedding. It's enough to make me *need* a trip to Oktoberfest! Oom pah pah! Oom pah pah!

Actually, life is good and I feel very blessed.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 2:34pm
Msg #153067

SB/CA have you noticed you're the one kicking sand here?

"Anyone who has read even the smallest of percentage of your posts knows that they are almost always of a political nature. That in itself is the proverbial middle finger at the rules and is the utmost in immaturity."

Your reference to old posts accomplished two things.
1.) It points out your capability to bring up old stuff no matter how much the rules at that time allowed my posts a pass because they did not violate the rules of that time.

2.) It shows that you are really reaching in an effort to demonize me and lure me into something here. While I'd love nothing better than to mix it up with you and the Go Along Gang, it aint gonna happen. The "Gang" isnt worth my time.

That said, I've done nothing but abide by the rules as presently stated and even provided a link to my blog where ideas and commentary can be expressed more freely there but with a civil tone on anything. Again had you actually read my blog, you'd know what it was all about. Not what you "think" it's all about.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/06 2:36pm
Msg #153070

Can't we all just agree to disagree?? This has taken up

much to much bandwidth and we all know that nothing has changed so why keep it up!

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 2:41pm
Msg #153072

Re: Can't we all just agree to disagree?? This has taken up

Charles, as far as I'm concerned its a non-issue. I created my blog and posted the link. Of course we can agree to disagree and respect that people disagree with me. I created my blog to create a civil discourse and sharing of ideas and discussion on anything and everything. Check it out. I think you might like it.

http://jjkoriyama.blogspot.com

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/06 3:15pm
Msg #153086

Thanks Jahari, but I don't think I'll like it, I am sure

that it reflects your mindset and I disagree with it. But that is ok, it is your right to take the position you are taking and to speak your mind as it is my right to disagree with you, I just don't liike the insinuation that if I don't agree somehow I'm stupid. The internet is a great debate forum, I'm sure that you'll find a lot of people willing to argue both sides. Have you considered a Forum for your site, there is great forum software available free from YABB and also PHPBB both are excellent though I find the YABB to be a little easier to get along with. Best regards and forge on.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 3:32pm
Msg #153095

Re: Thanks Jahari, but I don't think I'll like it, I am sure

No I havent thought about it but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll consider that. Thanks for encouragement but I think you've got me all wrong. I dont think anyone that disagrees with me is stupid. People have their positions on a particular issue. I only ask them to prove and convince me of their position. Time and again, I've asked for justification of opposing points here. Best forum for that? Probably not which is why I created the blog. I'm dying for substantive proof and justification from the opposing viewpoint but no one can ever provide that to me...only personaly attacks. I stand by my willingness to entertain and hear an opposing viewpoint that has substance and is grounded in fact, not opinion. Charles, I'm going to recommend you check it out every now and then, because you might be surprised by it.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/06 4:20pm
Msg #153111

I'm not sure that I agree with your self assessment, but for

some inexplicable reason I kind of like you. I just think that your thought processes are all f@#$^%&*ed up ;-). I hope you take that in the spirit it was intended. Actually I have never seen you consider anyone else's point of view in any of your posts: I didn't say accept, I didn't say agree, I said consider. Even in this last post you won't consider that there may be any basis for an opposing viewpoint and there is never any arguing with someone who is convinced. Rock on!

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/17/06 4:44pm
Msg #153117

Re: Thanks Jahari, but I don't think I'll like it, I am sure

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'm not sure that I agree with your self assessment, but for
Posted by Charles_Ca of CA on 10/17/06 4:20pm Msg #153111
some inexplicable reason I kind of like you. I just think that your thought processes are all f@#$^%&*ed up ;-). I hope you take that in the spirit it was intended. Actually I have never seen you consider anyone else's point of view in any of your posts: I didn't say accept, I didn't say agree, I said consider. Even in this last post you won't consider that there may be any basis for an opposing viewpoint and there is never any arguing with someone who is convinced. Rock on! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Charles, I could not have said it better myself. I like Jahari also. However....what you said, Charles....

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/06 1:33pm
Msg #153055

Yay, now there is the Jahari we know and.............? n/m

Reply by SueW/Tn on 10/17/06 1:40pm
Msg #153059

Welcome back Mr. Davis

Glad that things are going well for you and I'm personally happy to see you back on the boards. Grace and peace~

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/17/06 5:56pm
Msg #153133

Re: A Public Service Announcement

SarahBeth, have you met Dennis? 'Twould be a match made i heaven!

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/17/06 4:23pm
Msg #153112

Things of which I'm not surprised

1. That you would come back trying to reinvent yourself. Not only am I not surprise, I predicted it weeks ago.
2. That your "non-political post" is a link to your blog which I'm sure will have a very predicable theme during this election season and beyond (but I'm glad you took my advice and created your own blog. It's a much more appropriate outlet for your obsession.).
3. That you would be a Yankee fan, a team that attempts to buy and bully it's way to the top (actually, you have the same charm as a typical New Yorker).
4. That you would whine like a schoolgirl about being called Jihad Jahari, but now you're embracing it. After all, you are a fan of the flip-flop party.
5. That the reinvented JJ sounds a lot like the old JJ. As The Who once said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. We don't get fooled again."

And just in case you missed the post from the owner of this board:

"Avoid topics that others may consider offensive, such as politics and religion. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE should the forum be used to further a political, ideological or religious agenda; these topics have nothing to do with the inherent neutrality of notarial functions and our board is therefore not an appropriate venue for them."

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 7:39pm
Msg #153160

Re: Things of which I'm not surprised

I'm glad to see you still think obsess about me Al. Two seconds after I created my post starting this monstrosity, I knew that you couldnt resist posting to it, nor resist trying to take a good shot at me. But through my favorite baseball team? Someone's creativity well is dry isnt it? And to quote the rules to me? Priceless. I'm lovin it! Just remember the rules for yourself when you slam someone else. As to my non-political post which you so lovingly placed inside quotes to send a message to "The Gang" to latch onto and attack me here on this board shows that you'll stop at nothing to pick a fight with someone that wasnt even trying to pick one with you or anyone else. I created my blog because I wanted my own space to inspire and create debate. Share ideas, open minds, and discuss anything and everything. I'm working on a great piece right now on job searches and what a person faces in the job market today. Other upcoming posts include movie reviews, book reviews, and how much Lifetime TV sucks. So keep an eye out.

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/17/06 9:59pm
Msg #153223

Lifetime TV sucks???? Now you have gone to far.

Since you haven't been posting I have had to start watching Lifetime for my dose of drama. Being deprived of all the drama on the boards without you here forced me to start a new habit, watching all the distress, tears, cheaters and kidnapping's on the "Womens channel".

Oh yeah please don't compare yourself to the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN that's just wrong!!!

Funny thing about watching a train wreak happen in front of you, you just can't take your eyes off of it. How sad.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 10:29pm
Msg #153225

Re: Lifetime TV sucks???? Now you have gone to far.

I'm sorry you have a need for drama in your life where you had to go to Lifeime TV. Talk about bottom of the barrel desperation. Lifetime TV sucks. Oscar Madison and the Six Million Dollar Man kick @$$ and in case you did not know, Lee Majors is from the downriver Detroit area...Wyandotte to be exact. As for comparing myself to the Six Million Dollar Man, the theme as a pop culture reference speaks volumes about self-improvement. You too can be better, faster, stronger than you were before.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/17/06 10:38pm
Msg #153226

And just so you know Bev...

I did not mean any of tht as a possible dig, jab or shot. I mean come on, you can do better than Lifetime. I recommend Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Prison Break, or Friday Night Lights. There's always TVLand?

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/18/06 7:12am
Msg #153254

Re: And just so you know JJ...

I was just being sarcastic and you didn't get it. I don't have time to watch Lifetime or any other tv, I'm to busy making marketing and money.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/18/06 7:38am
Msg #153257

Re: And just so you know JJ...

Lifetime movies can be pretty loose on the drama. Like a friend says, "Lifetime for women who hate men." Lifetime is funny as heck after the movies go off and Will/Grace and Frasier come on.

JJKoriyama: Believe what you feel is correct, but in my book, Beverly is for good, not evil. If everyone was like Beverly, this world would be a sweeter place. You won't hear me say that about many - - not myself for sure.

Here is what I think Beverly said: Lack of board drama = turn to Lifetime. It was a joke.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 10/18/06 8:35am
Msg #153271

Believe me, I got the joke...more funny ho ho than ha ha n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/18/06 9:15am
Msg #153282

What does the title of this post mean?
Is it meant to be sexist? gentleMEN?
Does it mean you have been broken down and have re-built yourself?
I am curious. This is an ambiguous post.
Please explain.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.