Notary Rotary
4506 & 4506-T
Notary Discussion History

4506 & 4506-T
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by GBailey_KY on 9/15/06 9:37am
Msg #146307

4506 & 4506-T

I have done my "orange button search" : - ) and after reading through several posts am still having difficulty finding the answer to my question. What do you do when lines 6 & 7 are not completed on the 4506 & 4506-T. Both of these forms caution the signer to not sign if Lines 6 or 7 are blank. I have contacted the "bank" representative and even then did not get complete information. Because it is not notarized, do any of you find this to be a major issue or do you just leave it to the borrower to read for themself before signing?

You well-seasoned signers on this forum provide such a wealth of information that is not covered in "the books" (like my wonderful TSR manual) and have been a tremendous help to me!

Ginger

Reply by KimK/pa on 9/15/06 11:02am
Msg #146336

hi Ginger,
I haven't posted on here much, but your question caught my eye ( TAX FORMS, hahaha). As a Tax Pro, Since this form is requesting of tax returns, I would have them fill it out such as the tax form and the past 3 years.
BUT since I am a to do the job of a Signing Agent, I would tell them where to sign and date and if the Borrowers have any questions, they need to contact their LO.

Oh and I found in the search the exact question that you asked. Go to 21404 or just type in the search 4506.

Reply by GBailey_KY on 9/15/06 11:22am
Msg #146348

Kim,
Thank you so much for your reply. You were correct....there it was plain as day in message 21404... I guess I ended up in a sort of a daze after trying to sort through the messages prior to that one.

Sometimes the lines get blurred for me in trying to figure out exactly how "thorough" to be in this job.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.