Notary Rotary
A polite request
Notary Discussion History

A polite request
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Ernest__CT on 9/3/06 6:37am
Msg #143195

A polite request

Calls requesting notary public services are welcome, as are calls from fellow notaries public requesting help or advice. I am not an attorney; I cannot give anyone legal advice.

Please do not use my Profile to call me with business offers involving multi-level marketing, "cleaning systems" (formerly known as vacuum cleaners), investments, vitamins, food supplements, or any "opportunity" you cannot (or will not) describe in 25 words or fewer.

Reply by MICarole on 9/3/06 6:47am
Msg #143197

Someone has really had the b@$@s to call you from this site for non-related business offers? How rude is that?

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/3/06 8:19am
Msg #143202

This kind of doesn't surprise me as we're all susceptible to this sort of thing - after all our telephone number IS out there publicly - kind of hard to put our numbers on the "do not call" list. I'm sorry to hear it happened to you but I suppose it's a hazard of the trade.

This in no way is an invitation to the telemarketers out there to feel free to call me - just be warned now I'M NOT INTERESTED!!!...<G>

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/3/06 8:23am
Msg #143204

Linda
I have my numbers on the Do Not Call registry. And I report offenders.
Just because our numbers are out there doesn't mean telemarketers can ignore the Do Not Call Registry.

Reply by JM_NY on 9/3/06 4:29pm
Msg #143256

Does any of the callers you report get a fine or just a slap on the wrist? do they ever call again?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/3/06 6:10pm
Msg #143271

I reported one company that called several times, I didn't hear anything back so I don't know what they do. But they never called again.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 4:51pm
Msg #143261

Re: A polite request-I'm on the do not call list for cell

and home and seldom if ever get calls anymore......

Reply by christiSocal on 9/3/06 7:35pm
Msg #143275

I'm not sure I'd be all that polite! What nerve! n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/4/06 2:15am
Msg #143299

That reminds me...

I've been meaning to post about those scam offers from misc third world locations - mostly Africa. (E.g. someone has come into some money and will share X% if they can use my acct info to transfer funds internationally; a wealthy long lost relative of mine died and has left no heirs; I've won the UK lottery; etc, ad nauseum...) It seems like I'm being bombarded with them lately - sometimes two or three a day. I wonder sometimes if they are targeting notaries or if they are just proliferating that much in general. Any opinions anyone?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/4/06 8:31am
Msg #143307

Re: That reminds me...

Janet
I have had a lot of those. But I noticed a couple recently went to a lot of notary e-mail addresses I recognised.
I have lost count how many times I have won the UK lottery. Now, if I could just win the Florida lottery, that would mean somethingSmile

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 8:43am
Msg #143310

Re: That reminds me...New caller: website hosting

for notaries.

I just tell them never to call again and hang up.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/4/06 5:35pm
Msg #143406

LOL!!

I keep saying that about the California lottery, but I hear tell that you have to buy a ticket first... (Somehow I always manage to miss that little detail!) ;>Wink

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/4/06 8:55pm
Msg #143439

Email harvestors send

spiders out on the web looking for email addresses. If yours is posted, you'll most likely get spam as a result. I personally LOVE the spoofs from PayPal & financial institutions that I've never had an account with that "kindly" inform me that an authorized user has been added to my account or that my account will be terminated unless I click on the included link (how thoughtful of them) and provide my sensitive account/personal information.

IF you ever get an email from a company you actually do business with regularly, don't click any links within the email, instead open a new browser window and search for the real website, unless you know the domain by heart. Go in directly, not through an email link.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 9:20pm
Msg #143451

Re: Email harvestors send - Excellent point for all

Melissa. I never open any financial institution email, or paypal from the email itself. Always go to the web and start fresh if you have any question.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.