Notary Rotary
Alabama notaries...
Notary Discussion History

Alabama notaries...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 11:33am
Msg #144468

Alabama notaries...

What happened here yesterday and a lot of relection, this experience has given me the strength and courage to start an Alabama Notary Network. Pray for me!

I believe this to be a great opportunity to reach out, to learn, to help. I have the opportunity also to publish a website for this venture and get your names, links, etc out there. I think it would be great.

If you want a perfect example of a N network, BrendaTx runs heres for Texas. Lots of blood sweat and tears went into it, but the rewards for all far out number the morning sickness, Wink growing pains.

Michele I got your e-mail reminding that I wanted to get the ball rolling...ok, here it comes.

Alabama notaries, please write, call or post and we will start getting this project underway. If I see you listed as an Alabama notary, you will be contacted and invited to join the network.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/8/06 11:35am
Msg #144469

I whole-heartedly agree with this concept. It works great.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/8/06 11:43am
Msg #144470

LinkedIn

Have you found this computer networking "tool" to be of benefit in your network, Brenda?

Reply by sandi/WA on 9/8/06 11:47am
Msg #144472

Re: LinkedIn

How do I find out if my state (WA) has a notary network?

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/8/06 11:58am
Msg #144479

I am a memeber of LinkedIn, did'nt know you were Dennis.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 12:00pm
Msg #144480

ok, somebody tell me what that is please.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/8/06 12:07pm
Msg #144487

Go to...

...http://www.linkedin.com/home.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/8/06 12:01pm
Msg #144482

I've Been a Member...

...for several months now. I brought this tool to Brenda's attention about a month ago & she seemed interested in pursuing it at the time. I've found it to be beneficial in my insurance business.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/8/06 12:08pm
Msg #144488

Re: LinkedIn - I emailed you Dennis. n/m

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/8/06 11:47am
Msg #144474

I am definitely interested!

I'd rather view you (Charm) and some of the other notaries in the area as colleagues instead of my competition. I'm committed to the business so you can count on me for help and assistance, Charm. Thank you for taking the lead.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 12:17pm
Msg #144493

Re: I am definitely interested!

Thanks Michelle, checking out a few things, I'm off today and can spend some time researching. I network back and forth with another notary in Birmingham, we refer back and forth, it's a good way to keep your name out there. When I have something, I'll e-mail you.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 11:51am
Msg #144475

Florida notaries...

The Florida NSA Network is also in the works and will be modeled after the Texas NSA Network. Stay tuned BIG things are in the works.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/8/06 12:30pm
Msg #144508

I'm behind you Becca

anything I can do to help, give me a shout

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 12:31pm
Msg #144511

Re: I'm behind you Becca

We're in this together girl friend. Big Smile

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 12:17pm
Msg #144494

Charm, Becca, I think this is the way to go...

This is what grassroots is all about and what I've been trying to say all along. Best of luck to both of you and I hope that your notary networks are the wave of the future, as notaries regain control of their own business instead of relying on middlemen to dictate what is paid and how it is to be done. Maybe eventually we'll see a conference of notary networks!

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 12:23pm
Msg #144501

Re: Charm, Becca, I think this is the way to go...

thanks Charles, I remember many conversations with you about this. I hope enough states get it together. All I can see is good in the future.

The leaders of the networks, I feel, should also get together somewhere once a year to network and learn from each other.

Becca, I'm so glad someone of your stature and experience is handling the FL project, this is only going to help the SAs there.

I think we should have a meet on your yacht! Wink

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 12:30pm
Msg #144509

Monkeys are always welcome on C-Too! n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 12:29pm
Msg #144506

I vote the first conference be held in Vegas...ChaChing! n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 2:50pm
Msg #144555

The National Conference of Notary Networks!...I've

always believed that a lot of people trying to force a statewide or national notary organization have failed because of their profit motive or their ego. I believe that a truly independent notary network has to have information flow from the base up to the top not have someone pontificate how things should be done. I have always stayed way from trying to form such a group because it wold have been folly on my part. The only was I see that this can succeed is by forming local groups and then have the local groups select individuals to state groups to make sure that their concerns are heard and understood and then if there is a need for it a national group could be formed consisting of delegates from all the local/state groups. By having the information flow from the grassroots to the national organization there is a democratic process and it makes it much harder for special interests to take over. Good luck to all and make it a fun process at the same time.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/8/06 12:37pm
Msg #144517

Re: Alabama notaries...Network comment...

One comment.

To keep the integrity of you notary network up, do not allow any type of payment to exchange hands. It's got to all be based on "I refer this person because I believe in them."

Otherwise, you will have nothing more than another signing service scenario.

-----But, isn't that a lot of work for nothing??----

The payoff is

(1) trust from your clients to use the network.
(2) if you have stinking thinker, you hit the delete button.
(3) from all members of your network marketing...thereby giving you exponential marketing benefits. See below...

When you start out, everyone sends the network packets out to their clients.

If you have ten people with ten clients each, that means you get 100 marketing packets sent out for the price of ten.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 12:41pm
Msg #144524

Re: Alabama notaries...Network comment...

very true Benda, I've kept notes on the comments you've made as you went thru the process, that's why I was a little - ok, a lot nervous to venture into that scary place.

Reply by BamaNSA on 9/8/06 1:09pm
Msg #144532

I'm in!! Sounds like a great idea. I'm in the Birmingham area and can be reached at [e-mail address] or you can give me a call. Good luck.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 1:13pm
Msg #144534

Thanks Darlene!... n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 9/8/06 4:39pm
Msg #144579

Re: Good Job , stepping out of the box is not a bad thing

Good luck ,I wish it was my state you were starting the network in! I'm jealous Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.