Notary Rotary
An open letter to Lisa Prestegard
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Graeme Hickey on 9/30/06 12:26am
Msg #149437

I just got back from vacation and thought i'd catch up with some of the posts here. I have to admit I don't post much, only to subjects that I feel I can help with only because I'm not as seasoned as some of you seem to be. I've just been reading about what you have to say about Geoff Hickman and I have to tell you, I'm appalled by your comments.

Are you seriously going to try to turn people against the only guy in this industry that gives us good advise and information for free? Oh sure, everyone wants to "teach" us something, but they all want to charge us for it. Books, classes, seminars, the lot. But here's a guy that knows what he's doing and writes really good advise, advise that actually works. And he's willing to give it away for free. And your going to flame him? Are you mad? Do you know how many loan signers this guy has helped? I guess not.

Just for the record, I do not know Mr. Hickman personally, but I do read his site, just as I read this one. I don't know what he's done in the past nor do I really care. But I can tell you this, I just can't fathom that he would deliberately grass a fellow loan signer. Like he's SOX or something. C'mon.

There are some great topics on this forum, but some of you go a little too far with the accusations. I never see any opposition to any of the posts that slam people or signing companies. You all just agree and it becomes fact....even if it's not true. So you know what? I'll start by opposing your view on Geoff and Notary Gift. He's a stand up person in my book. He's helped me more than double the signings I usually get. And I know he's done the same for many more, and he didn't charge me a dime so you can stop with the "he's a ripp off" bit. If advise is good, and free, how is it ripping you off again? Hmmm. So you can save your bad remarks for someone or something that deserves it. Oh, and your remark that you will "no longer discuss this publicly on NR" is crap, you brought it up sweetie.

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 9/30/06 1:07am
Msg #149441

what thread # are you referring to?

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 9/30/06 1:36am
Msg #149442

nevermind. n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/30/06 7:33am
Msg #149449

Thank You Lisa!

I am glad to hear a fellow NSA "out" a non-payer.
You should be, too.
I realize that there are some NSA's who have not YET been cheated out of pay, but eventually it will happen.
It has happened to me, and I don't want it to happen to me anymore.
I can't afford to do a job, and not get paid for it!
I can't afford to turn down other assignments to take one from someone who doesn't pay me for my services.
I appreciate and applaud Lisa, and the others who help me separate the companies and agencies who will use me and abuse me from the companies and agencies who are straight up.
Remember, we have to stick together on these payment and non-payment issues.
That is only one of the reasons I choose to read the posts on NR.

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 9/30/06 9:24am
Msg #149486

I will also post under this thread also that I fully

understand how fustrated Lisa is as I was strung along
for payment for three months by "Left Coast Signers".
Again, Lisa it was a pleasure speaking with you!!
Janet

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/30/06 11:22am
Msg #149527

Reply to Graeme

Good Morning, Mr. Hickey... I
hope your vacation was pleasant.
In response to your open letter to me, I do not feel the need to clarify, justify or otherwise make excuses for my post regarding Mr. Hickman. I did not slander him or flame him. I asked pointed questions given the evidence of his close association with a company that owes me money. That being said, I will respond only to your specific assertions and will not, as I earlier stated, continue to discuss my specific situation with Mr. Hickman. He has emailed his response to my retort and we will privately deal with the remaining issues.
To wit, I am confused as to why you are appalled by my comments? Perhaps if the shoe were on the other foot, you would concur with the pointed evidence to the close association between Geoff Hickman/Left Coast Signers, as so many others on this forum who have been stiffed by LCS are. But as is evidenced by many message board postings, every underdog has his champion. I certainly do not begrudge you this right.
As for him being "the only guy in this industry that gives us good advice and information for free", I'd say that is hogwash. I can list a dozen regular posters to NotRot alone whose opinion and knowledge have helped hundreds, if not thousands, of Notaries Public with absoulutey no expectation of financial gain or accolades. *insert well-deserved round of applause here to said selfless NotRot posters*
If Mr. Hickman has helped you with your signing business, that is wonderful. But you state that you don't know or care what he's done in the past? Hmmm, the past of which I speak was a mere 6 months ago. I personally DO care about someone's past performance and/or behavior, as history does tend to repeat itself. As for me and MY signing business, he did not help me during his tenure at Left Coast Signers, and I most certainly would not give him another opportunity to "help" me. No thank you. But that's just me... I am no glutton for punishment.
As for your reference to the most talked about non-paying Signing Service, SOX, it should be noted that early in my Signing career, before being educated on their patterns, I did a half-dozen signings for them. Guess what? They owe me nothing. I was paid in full. Late? Yes. But paid in full. So... to compare the two is completely unfair: One owes me money, and the other does not. I'll leave it up to you to decide who deserves my attention, whether it suits you or not.
What's more, Mr. Hickey, I did not say anywhere at any time that Mr. Hickman's site is a rip off. What I said, if you'll pay close attention to my post, is a direct question to a quote from his website. Please re-read the post for clarification.
And finally, on a more personal note, I am not your sweetie. What I said was that the personal situation between Mr. Hickman and myself will not be further debated on Notary Rotary. YOU have issued an open letter to ME, sir, and I am well within my right to respond.
Kindest Regards,
Lisa Prestegard (and you may call me Ms. Prestegard, or Lisa... but please... not sweetie)

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/30/06 11:32am
Msg #149529

Re: Ms. Prestegard extremly well stated, you make a notary

proud........

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/30/06 12:04pm
Msg #149532

You go Sweetie...I mean GIRL!!! Lisa I like your style.;o) n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/30/06 12:36pm
Msg #149535

Coincidence or conspiracy? Hmmmmm

Graeme Hickey vs Geoff Hickman.
The names are somewhat similar.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
I see no one else has jumped on "their' bandwagon.
Hmmmm

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/30/06 12:38pm
Msg #149539

Wow, great minds think alike, so do yours and mine, now this

is a coincidence, check the time stamp.

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/30/06 6:34pm
Msg #149559

Charles and Mistrella

Of course, I too noticed the similarity in the names. But I am no conspiricy theorist, and for fear of being accused of leading a "witch hunt", I shall leave it to the masses to decide whether or not Geoff/Graeme Hickman/Hickey are the one and the same 'persona non gratis'.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/30/06 7:24pm
Msg #149563

MS Prestegard, what Mistarella and I are laughing about

is that we posted exactly the same concept at exactly the same time, check the time code. The similarity is quite obvous and I think that you are being extremely professional about this. Also obvious is the individuals lack of professionalism in the "sweety" remark; what a slimeball!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/30/06 12:36pm
Msg #149536

Graeme Hickey - Geof Hickman, is this a coincidence???

Unusual British spelling of both first names, similarities in the last name, my suspicious mind is just that: suspicious.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/30/06 12:37pm
Msg #149538

all I can say is WOW Charles n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/30/06 1:55pm
Msg #149542

I wouldn't use either one as a CW for the other or the self n/m

Reply by Graeme Hickey on 9/30/06 9:08pm
Msg #149573

Re: I wouldn't use either one as a CW for the other or the s

Are you guys High? See, this is what I'm talking about with this forum. All it takes is one person to say anything, and the rest of you just jump on the band wagon even if you have no clue who the person is or have ever dealt with them on a business level.

As for your similarities, I just don't get it. Your "nom de plume" theory is just silly. If Mr. Hickman were to chose an alias, do you really think he'd choose something so close to his real name? If you read Geoff's bio, you'll see he was born in LA, hardly British. me? You are correct, born and raised Bolton in the UK. The point I'm getting at is that all I know of him is what I know from my own experience. And that experience tells me he's a caring individual that takes the time to help those of us who need it. Doesn't everyone make mistakes? Maybe he did get caught up with an unsavory company, I don't know. I just don't see that he would willingly try to screw over those he teaches. And if he did do it, why show up in a forum where people would rip him a new one? Makes no sense.

And for the rest of you bandwagon jumpers, that's the problem with this forum, it's far too clique-ish which is intimidating to those wanting to regularly post. Why don't you make up your own minds from your own experiences before deciding what's what. K?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/30/06 9:47pm
Msg #149578

I do make up my own mind, GH

Sometimes I accomplish that by my own experience, and sometimes I accept the credible experince of my peers.
I am sick and tired of taking chances with my time and money.
We may be a little clique-ish, but we also honestly post who we are, and link our profiles to our handles or names.
We have become a little clique-ish because we sometimes correspond with one another off-forum. We have made ourselves available to one another to HELP EACH OTHER.
We do not lie to each other, or steal from each other.
What's the big deal? Wanna join the clique? Feel free to email me and start a conversation.
Can I help you in anyway? Can you help me? That is how friendships are formed.
BTW, I doubt if any of us are HIGH (I know I'm not).
That's pretty insulting, don't you think? Not a great way to form a friendship is it?
I am a forgiving person and I await your email.......

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/30/06 10:01pm
Msg #149582

Calling another professional "sweety" just shows your

level of professionalism (rather lack therof), by your blatant condescension and the fact that you have no standing and no profile you are just another anonymous troll. Why should anyone believe what you say over another person who has an established reputation on this board and in this community. Buzz off blighter!

Reply by David Kral on 10/1/06 3:44am
Msg #149600

Is Graeme Hickey a notary in CA?

In my state, you can lookup a notary in seconds on the state website. I am not from CA. Any CA notaries verify this guy Graeme Hickey is a real CA Notary?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.