Notary Rotary
BG Checks - 2 more cents
Notary Discussion History

BG Checks - 2 more cents
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by TRG_wy on 9/29/06 10:44pm
Msg #149417

BG Checks - 2 more cents

I think that this is getting blown way out of any logical rationalization. Those "800 pound gorellas" are jumping to conclusions that are unrealistic and unnecessary. They are singling out only one facet of the industry. Us. Sworn public officials. By their current reasoning, any one that handles or views loan docs must go through a background check.

I say that the only way to combat stupidity such as this is for those in the field to totally boycott this manuever. We are (most of us) bonded and carry E&O insurance. Cannot in any state I know of become a notary if convicted of a felony, and I have personally never met one ho is not above reproach in character.

BOYCOTT and refuse to submitt to it. If we feel this strongly about it, join forces and fight back.

To single us out as a group is demeaning. Just because we are viewed as the lowest person in the chain they harp on us. I say NO WAY.

Can you tell this issue has gotten under my skin? When I have to justify my miserable low fee, call or send letters to get paid for services rendered 60 days ago - well, this just sets me off.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.