Blueink & Christisocal....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Stamper_WI on 9/5/06 7:26pm
Msg #143670

Re Brother MFC 8220

I continued dinking around with my jamming problem since there is no authorized repair person within 100 miles

I think I may have solved the problem or at least it seems so far. After a can and a half of air trying to clean it, I ran one of those cleaning sheets through that have the fringe on it for cleaning the brushes. Did it twice and got a lot of toner dust off the brushes right behind the drum. That seemed to be where the paper was catching and creating the accordian effect. It was not the drum! I just printed a little over 100 pages and not a hitch!

Reply by JM_NY on 9/5/06 7:42pm
Msg #143674

Are you refilling your toner cartridges? I had a problem when I was. It was a nightmare and I had to get HP service to repair my problem. I don't reuse anymore. It isn't worth it to me. I just look for sales and use coupons for discounted originals. I hope you don't have anymore trouble. Good luck.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 9/5/06 8:18pm
Msg #143684

Thank's for the tip, I will definately try the cleaning sheet. My husband will be so-o-o grateful since he's usually trying to sleep when I print docs late at night and the high pitched squeal wakes him up!

Reply by christiSocal on 9/6/06 3:50am
Msg #143791

Funny, I just picked up one of those cleaner thingys yesterday! Haven't tried it yet, but now I'm gonna have to do it now! Thanks Smile

Reply by christiSocal on 9/6/06 3:51am
Msg #143792

hope that made sense... It's late and I'm tired! n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/6/06 1:28pm
Msg #143866

Tell me about the cleaning sheets

I have a different printer but had spilled some toner, and most cleaned up nicely.
The right side of my papers are still a little dark, and I was wondering about using
rubbing alcohol on a piece of paper and sending it thru to clean, but am a scaredy-cat
with doing anything like that. I was JUST wondering if cleaning sheets were even made, and was thinking about posing that question here. What are they called, and where can I get them?
The local office store here in rural FL yesterday looked at me funny when I asked, and said "whuuut?"

Reply by christiSocal on 9/6/06 3:34pm
Msg #143884

Re: Tell me about the cleaning sheets

I picked up mine at a Big lots. That's a discount type store. I've misplaced the darn thing or I'd tell you the brand. sorry Frown . Anyone else use 'em??? Stamper????

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 3:58pm
Msg #143890

Here's a link to Staples

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesSearch?zipCode=32968&jspStoreDir=Staples&searchSumUrl=searchresultssummary&errorUrl=searchnoresults&keyword=LASER+PRINTER+CLEANING+SHEETS&langId=-1&ts=1157576108696&searchUnsumUrl=searchresults&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.