Notary Rotary
Borrower's find their own notary.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 9/27/06 3:08pm
Msg #148874

Anyone else noticed a jump in the number of borrowers contacting you directly for notarizing their loan docs?

I've had four of these in the last week alone which is very strange. I was expecting the loans to be Wells Fargo, but I was wrong each time. One was New Deal something or other and I don't remember the name of the others, but they were not Wells Fargo.

NJ states that I am only allowed to charge $25 for notarizing RE financing documents (no matter how many). So I hit em with a travel fee that is appropriate for the time and travel involved in the signing.

Me likey. No faxbacks. No packaging. No invoicing. And cash in pocket...

It's a beautiful thing.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/27/06 3:43pm
Msg #148887

just had another phone call for same thing... lol n/m

Reply by LIZ/VA on 9/27/06 7:43pm
Msg #148949

Re: just had another phone call for same thing... lol

Go Get Um Jersey Boy! Smile

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/28/06 8:27am
Msg #149013

Re: just had another phone call for same thing... lol

I actually get most of my signings out here the same way. One customer I notarized for on 2 separate occassions (2 purchases of investment properties) actually called me after I did some general notarizations for them about 6 mos ago. They usually say they find me here, my website directly or another local link.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/27/06 9:02pm
Msg #148961

In most cases I would prefer that. We charge by the signatures notarized, $10.00 each. I did one the other day, made $100.00 for 15 minutes work, paid when I finished up, no muss no fuss. Bring it on!

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/29/06 9:38am
Msg #149240

Re: I've learned to

get the payment squared away up-front, just to avoid being stiffed. I provide a receipt as record, then get into the signing/notarizing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.