Notary Rotary
Borrower wrote me a check
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by David Kral on 9/22/06 7:29pm
Msg #147907

Did a signing the other night. I borrower asked what my fee was for doing this so I told them. At the end, I was double checking signatures and she got up to put way her driver's license. Her husband was chatting with me. She came back and handed me a check for the amount I told her.

I laughed an explained she did not have to pay me and claified how the process works. (Hmmmm....if it had been a SOX Signing I wonder if I would have been tempted to take it!)

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 9/22/06 7:31pm
Msg #147909

Too Funny!!! n/m

Reply by K_CA on 9/22/06 7:38pm
Msg #147910

I had a SS call me today saying the borrower told lender they had given me a check for my services. (the same amount on HUD). Needles to say they had given me a check to send back with the docs for funds due! Not even the same amount as Notary fee. Good thing I have a good relationship with this company and they called me back to say they were sorry. Just gotta love these confused Borrowers!

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/23/06 12:05am
Msg #147964

I had one say "your only getting $50???" I said yes that's it. NOT!

Reply by Genkichan on 9/22/06 10:41pm
Msg #147941

Discussing your fee with the borrowers is a great way to loose business in the future. I recommend you don't answer next time you are asked.

Reply by K_CA on 9/22/06 10:48pm
Msg #147942

I never said I discussed my fee with the borrowers! They must have seen it on the hud, I definately know better, duh!

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/22/06 11:50pm
Msg #147961

Funny story, but don't tell them your fee.

Almost every set of loan instructions I've ever gotten say "DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR FEE."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.