Notary Rotary
Charles... Matricula Consular Question?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 6:06pm
Msg #144819

Good to see you posting again. Not to bring up an old subject but I had an issue with the Matricula Consular just a few days ago and again, according to Arizona Law... I can't take it but it's because it lacks a physical description. Then I heard from another notary that they might be re-doing it with the description on it.. have you heard anything about that from your friend?

This card has caused a lot of problems in these parts... I'd love to see them come to a unanimous decision and either do away with it or make it compliant.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 6:34pm
Msg #144827

Compliant for Arizona... I mean. n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 6:59pm
Msg #144835

Re: Compliant for Arizona... I mean.

Nice to see you too Angelina, I have not had a matricula consular in a long while especially since now most people have the new voting cards and those are a photo id and many are using their country's drivers' licenses. California has become a mess with the state drivers' license issues. A lot of people will disagree with me here but I think that we should continue issuing drivers' licenses because the problems are compounding, the people are still driving but now they can't get insurance even if they want and so we have the illegal driver who has no financial responsibility. If the State really wanted to stop illegal immigration all they would have to do is pass a law to fine the business owners who hire illegals, I assure you that the problem would be gone in no time, but I digress. Sorry I wasn't more help. This summer has been so hot I haven't wanted to head South at all so all I've seen is what wanders up here. I've also been very reluctant to spend much time in Mexico with the political situation being what it is, I understand that Obrero is refusing to acknowledge that he has lost and is fomenting Civil unrest. Not surprisingly about half the population of Fort Bragg is now Spanish speaking. Stay well and keep in touch

Best regards
Charles

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 7:08pm
Msg #144836

I had no idea there was so much crap going on there with the Driver's Licenses. I guess it would cause major problems.

You are probably very smart to stay away right now anyway... just like you said. Now's not the best time to be there. I did many transactions for people that were getting cash out of their houses to invest in Rocky Point and now they feel uneasy to travel there. It's kind of sad.

Anyway... let me know if you hear anything.

I hope that it cools down for you soon down there... we've had a great monsoon season... I'm about to get out my boat and paddle down my street!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 7:18pm
Msg #144841

Where are you Angelina, Tucson? I suspect you get a lot of action form the Chubascos in the Gulf. I suspect I'll be going down in November sometime but I am not crazy about it. There are rumblings that Obrero is really a Communist and will try to destabilize the nation. I hope not. that's just too close to home.

The drivers' license situation in California was ill thought out and I believe a knee-jerk reaction fromor Governator because the people wanted action: any action!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 7:24pm
Msg #144845

I'm about an hour and a half away from Tucson. Way too hot there for me!

I need to find out about Obrero because to tell you the truth... I'm clueless about what is going on down there and I should know more.

Be safe in November and I hope the rumors are wrong!

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/9/06 8:04pm
Msg #144857

Obrero...Obrador, I mean.

I lived in Mexico from 92-2000... interesting time, first saw the murder of the PRI candidate (I can't remember his name) then the election of Fox.

I'm not too much up on Lopez Obrador, but I can tell you that his ploys are classic PRD politics... older than the trees... protests in the streets, claiming the election was rigged, claiming a victory. Cuatemoc did the same thing when Salinas won. That isn't to say that Salinas didn't rob the election, he may well have (that one smelled real fishy) it's just to say that this is an old script with a new actor.

Good thinking for a gringo not to be there while it's up in the air, but they WILL settle it.

By the way, all PRD candidates run towards communist, but I don't think it'll be a huge factor in the long run.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 8:20pm
Msg #144860

Good lord Gary... OT

***protests in the streets, claiming the election was rigged, claiming a victory.***

It kind of sounds like some of our recent elections.... LOL

You sure seem knowledgeable on this stuff... know anything about a re-vamping of the MC Card? I'd love to see it re-done and 'I heard a rumor' as they say.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/9/06 8:22pm
Msg #144864

Re: Good lord Gary... OT Obrero? Gary

Obrero - Worker? Gary, what was the joke? Trying to get it.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/9/06 8:51pm
Msg #144866

Just a typo I think

Yep Obrero means Worker... but the dude in question's name is in fact Lopez Obrador (Mexicans use two last names Obrador would be his mother's maiden name, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms). I think Charles just oopsed. It'd be easy to do.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 9:28pm
Msg #144876

Thanks Gary, yep, oopsed is a nice way of putting it,

I attribute it to my ongoing battle with BSE (mad cow disease) that I've been having.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/9/06 9:03pm
Msg #144868

Yeah it does.

Frankly our 2000 election was a huge embarrassment. What a mess.

I haven't heard about a new Matricula card.

Okay, you pulled my chain, I'll try to keep it short...

To start with, we believe that all men are endowed with rights... we don't give 'em we just recognize that they are. Most rights are human rights. A few are citizens rights. Other things we call rights are privileges. Speaking of the rights of folks whose whole situation is illegal is strange. But it's made stranger by the fact the we made it impossible for them to be legal and a breeze to be illegal. Almost looks like we invited them to be illegal here.

I think the organizations that are working to get all kinds of rights for illegal aliens have it way wrong. We should not be fighting for more rights/privileges for this irregular situation, we should be working to regularize their status. I.e. legalize them, either short-term (guest worker) or long term depending on the situation.

I think the folks who want to put up a 30 foot (or 300 foot???) wall on the border and throw 'em all out also have it wrong. We can't live without 'em and it's a fair opportunity for good hard working folks. Give me your tired, your poor, your weak.

We need a more secure border, reasonably secure. We need a reasonable immigration program that allows a good number of folks to come in an orderly fashion. I agree with Charles that folks who are very likely to drive should be able to be licensed, insured and controlled.

We don't need a bunch of idiots in congress making political stands on both sides, stirring the pot and then deciding, oh well we can't deal with this this term. I was so disappointed. The protests were an overreaction to a truly asinine bill (it would be a felony to be illegal or to help one... come on, it's a violation, but it ain't a felony) But then the liberal side went just as dumb. I don't like most of what he's doing, but in this case I thought the Bush plan was spot on. Then after everyone squeezed all the sound bites they could out of it they dropped the issue till some day. Grrrrr.

Alright, fire away, I'm ready... this is an issue that needs serious thought, hard work and real solutions. I probably don't have it all right.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 9:19pm
Msg #144873

Re: Yeah it does. OT

Well I'm not going to argue. I actually agree with you... so there! What do you have to say about THAT?

Your post has been enlightening and makes me feel the need to be more informed about this issue. I didn't follow all of the proposals or the fight and supposed resolution and I should have. Thanks for the information.

I didn't think I was pulling your chain... who would do such a thing?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 9:25pm
Msg #144874

Re: Obrero...Obrador, I mean. Thanks Gary, you're right! n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 9:30pm
Msg #144877

See, there goes the BSE again! n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/10/06 1:25am
Msg #144904

Re: Obrero...Obrador, I mean.

I read a fairly in-depth article not too long ago about the election in Mexico and reforms that have been enacted there since the last election. Interestingly, the conclusion was that we could learn a thing or two here from the Mexican officials who ran their election. Wish I could remember more of the details. I believe one of the key differences was that the election was run by an organization completely independent of political parties and those currently in power. Obviously, Obrador doesn't see it that way!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.