Notary Rotary
Collection Success!
Notary Discussion History

Collection Success!
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by cassiewi on 9/5/06 2:29pm
Msg #143593

Collection Success!

For one of the companies I sent final demands to via fax and certified snail mail. I received payment from Signatures Plus today. Yay! Now I just need to make sure the check is good, prior to depositing it. Thanks to all who helped answer questions. I really appreciate it.

Reply by taxpro on 9/5/06 2:48pm
Msg #143598

How do you make sure it's good? Lately when I've called a bank to ask about this, they've told me that they can't release the info because of privacy issues.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/5/06 2:53pm
Msg #143602

Well when I used to work for an attorney, he had me call. However, now all I could do was verify the account was valid. So I am on hold with customer service, trying to get a live person. We'll see. Normally I would go to their bank, but this bank does not have any branches in my state.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/5/06 3:09pm
Msg #143608

No go for me either

So now I need to either a) take a chance and deposit it or b)drive to the border of Illinois and cash it there. What's worse, having it bounce or getting told after driving 60 miles round trip that the check is no good?

Reply by taxpro on 9/5/06 3:12pm
Msg #143611

Re: No go for me either

Personally, I'd just deposit it. If it bounces, contact their district attorney's office.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/5/06 3:23pm
Msg #143614

True. That's what I'll do. n/m

Reply by taxpro on 9/5/06 3:33pm
Msg #143623

Good luck. n/m

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/6/06 9:31am
Msg #143833

These days, if it bounces, you'll get charged for it, a hefty fee in some banks. You can try to recoup it with payment, but. . .chances are. . .

Ask your bank first what bounce charges will be for you, then ask if they can verify it for you before depositing. If you're a good customer, they should be able to help you.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/6/06 11:13am
Msg #143855

Thanks for the suggestion, Marlene, appreciate it and will do as you suggest.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/5/06 3:18pm
Msg #143612

I agree with taxpro, deposit & wait to clear/bounce n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.