Notary Rotary
Corrections in Georgia
Notary Discussion History

Corrections in Georgia
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by James Yeargan on 9/15/06 7:49pm
Msg #146440

Corrections in Georgia

I would like some input from other attorneys/notaries on this matter. Normally, when we cross through a mistake and correct it we have all parties initial by the correction. What if we have corrected an incorrect county the title company printed on the notary certification, and the borrower forgot to initial the correction, but the notary did initial? Does anyone think this would be a fatal mistake, or should the notary's initials be sufficient since the notary certification is for and to the notary? Thanks for any input.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/15/06 7:57pm
Msg #146443

The only initials needed on a notary certificate are the notary's. I never have the borrowers initial any corrections on a notary certificate.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/15/06 8:54pm
Msg #146447

Thought GA was an Attorney only state

Or are you an attorney?

Reply by James Yeargan on 9/15/06 8:56pm
Msg #146449

Re: Thought GA was an Attorney only state

I'm an attorney, but we don't have any notary classes (you hand over your money and get a certificate) so I'm interested in hearing how different notaries handle different situations.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/16/06 12:08am
Msg #146468

Question....

What the heck do classes have anything to do with how you perform notary certificate corrections? Don't attorneys study the laws? I'm not an attorney, and that's exactly what I do, study the laws.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/18/06 12:46am
Msg #146665

Answer...

That's what the classes are... 6 solid hours on intense study of the notary law...with my full attention and highly effective.

And if you believe that I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge...and notarize the deed myself.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.