Notary Rotary
Dropped in wrong box...
Notary Discussion History

Dropped in wrong box...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BarbaraL_CA on 9/13/06 9:38pm
Msg #145895

Dropped in wrong box...

Loan docs to be returned California Overnight... no problem. Dropped in California Overnight box. Got in my car and noticed the top of the box said Nevada. Looked again and saw a smaller California Overnight box next to it. I put bright pick postit notes on both boxes "There is a package in Nevada box for California delivery" - I'm sure it'll get straightened out one way or another.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/13/06 9:58pm
Msg #145900

Ya know Barb, stuff happens. I've called UPS before to ask that they meet me at the box to withdraw my package and they have. From what I understand, the couriers work together even though they are direct competitors. I've heard of UPS & FedEx drivers placing misplaced pkgs in the proper box for pickup. I think you covered yourself with the stickies, but I darn sure would be tracking pkgs tomorrow.

I called for a DHL pickup today and got nervous when the auto service said my pkg would be picked up and didn’t even confirm my addy. I hit "0" to make sure they would p/u at the correct addy and I'm glad I did. I have called for RUSH orders and have arranged p/u @ the borrowers addy before. I'm sure glad I thought to talk to a human to make sure they would be picking up at the correct addy because DHL would have shown up at someone else's house to find no pkg.

Cover thy arse, always.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/13/06 10:38pm
Msg #145906

Beccas right Barb-This happens to TC's as well. Don't fret n/m

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/13/06 10:39pm
Msg #145907

Re: not frettin' TC - just one of those things! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/13/06 11:19pm
Msg #145921

I was just in FEDEX last week and

saw them handling a UPS envelope. They opened it up and poured soured milk in it and then....naw...I am just kidding...they were going to get it dropped at a UPS place.

I am in HEAVEN now. FEDEX main station is .4 miles from me, UPS Store and more is .6 miles from me ... both in the same direction. <big grin!>

Reply by christiSocal on 9/14/06 1:41am
Msg #145952

Re: I was just in FEDEX last week and

The drivers are really nice about each others deliveries. One time I was trying to find a fedex hub, I was close, but just couldn't see it. I did see a group of Ups drivers at a restaurant, so I drove over and told them "I'm really sorry, I shouldn't be asking you this, But where is the Fedex hub?" They were really nice and laughed about it.

Reply by DellaCa on 9/14/06 11:19am
Msg #145994

Re: I agree they have been very helpful

to me as well last month I was in a county I was not familiar with I had a fed ex and a ups package to drop ,( I forgot to map them out before I left the house) I saw the ups truck making a delivery and ask if he would take the package, I then apologized for the question and asked if he knew where the FedEx was to make a drop , he was so nice and gave great direction.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/14/06 8:53am
Msg #145969

Re: I was just in FEDEX last week and...Gee Brenda

It must be nice to have both so close. The closest HUBs for me are 30 miles 1-way. I have a FedEx & UPS box 8.6 miles South and just a UPS box 8.8 miles north and I'm right in the middle of them. This is just one reason why I hate fax backs.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/14/06 10:43am
Msg #145982

pretty lucky...

The MAIN post office for Southern New Jersey is .8 miles from me. In the drive-through area there is a box for first class mail, a box for FedEX (last pickup 7:30 pm) and a box for UPS (last pickup 7 pm).

The FedEX main HUB for South jersey is right accross the street from the post office. The UPS Main HUB is about 2 miles in the other direction, but I never go there. Their customer service divison sucks.

I also have a FedEx box and UPS box on the grounds of my full-time employer....

Call me spoiled.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/14/06 3:02pm
Msg #146087

Jersey Boy- You Are Spoiled!!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.