Notary Rotary
EOM vent (grab coffee... it's long)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Lisa Prestegard on 9/27/06 8:30am
Msg #148737

Monday, 4:00 p.m.: Receive frantic telephone call from one 'Amanda' at search2close in Tampa inquiring as to whether or not I can do a refi at 8:00. She meets my fee (all too quickly, I might add). I give her my usual 'end of conversation' statement "Please email confirmation to [e-mail address], docs to the same address". No problem, right?

5:45 p.m.: With docs in hand for my 6:00 and no confirmation from above referenced company, I am out the door. Turn down 3 appointments for 8:00 in the meantime.

7:00 p.m.: While driving home from 6:00 appt., I receive a call from a TC I do business with on a regular basis asking if I have time at 8:00 p.m.. I call daughter at home (who is manning the computer) She informs me that no confirmation yet and no docs either regarding search2close appointment. I call TC back and say "Sure... 8:00 just opened up for me". Trusty daughter calls me right back and says "confirmation and docs for NEW 8:00 are already here and are being printed". (she's an AWESOME EOM assistant!)

8:00 p.m. As I am walking in to 8:00 appointment, daughter calls and says inbox just flooded with doc-emails for Perez closing. I have no Perez closing, I tell her. Ignore docs.

8:05 p.m. Amanda from search2close calls my cell phone and demands to know why I am not at her Perez closing. She is screaming at the top of her lungs, mind you. I tell her (calmly) that I did not receive a confirmation and, until 10 minutes ago, did not have docs or anything that would clue me in to who/what/where. Sorry... no confirmation, no appointment. I tell her that since it is close, I could possibly be there at 9:00. While screaming things like "unacceptable" and "unprofessional" she is demanding to know why I didn't call HER when no confirmation arrived? Not my job, I explain... happens all the time.... SS calls me, hires me, then goes on to contract cheaper SA. Sorry... I am a BUSY SA and I do not chase confirmations, especially at EOM. I tell her to take it or leave it as I am in the middle of a signing and the matter is closed to further conversation. She says fine, get there ASAP.

8:45 p.m. I leave 8:00 signing appt. and call daughter, who is in a panic. Too many emails, too many confusing docs, not sure what the deal is. No fear... I will sort it all out in a few minutes. Mind you, my kid is smart. I mean very smart. She's been around this stuff since she was 2, and can read a HUD better than most SA's. When she panics, I have good reason to panic. Now, I am a little worried...

8:55 p.m. I arrive home to find that the refi closing Amanda at search2close wanted me to do for said agreed upon fee of $150 is actually a Piggyback AND a purchase... not a refi. Poor daughter! No wonder she was confused. Poor signing agent... should be a $300 closing!

9:00 p.m. Amanda calls screaming again, asking why I am not at her closing. Hmmm.... lets see... 250 pages X 2 copies.... 9 seperate emails to sort through.... this isn't rocket science. At 20ppm, it's going to take 25 minutes to print this! (Please note that when I say she is screaming, I mean SCREAMING like a two-year-old having a classic tantrum) Meanwhile, super-nice realtor (note: REALTOR, not L.O.) calls me and asks when I'll be there. I explain situation to her, she is very understanding and says "no problem... we'll wait". Amanda calls yet again, this time using words like "liar" and phrases like "you'll never work again". I explain that I was a) contracted at 4 p.m. and never received a confirmation and b) lead to believe this was a single refi, not a piggyback purchase, so... if you'd like this loan closed tonight (given that it's going to take 40 minutes minimum to print and organize and another 20 to drive to the closing and you LIED to me and cheated me out of $150) I will send my associate Tom when all docs are printed. I, however, have a 10:30 appointment (with confirmation and docs in hand) in Marco Island which is a 30 minute drive. More screaming from Amanda ensues.

9:45 p.m.: One more call from crazy lady. I ask her the name of her supervisor... she informs me that SHE is the office manager. Great... no one to complain to. She reluctantly ponies up the owners name and phone number.
I lose it. Actually, I lost it earlier when her shrill screaming sent me searching for the Excedrin (it was either Excedrin or Brandy... since I had another closing, Excedrin won). My computer loses it this time, and crashed (thanks, Adobe 7.0). Attempts to reboot went unanswered by my trusty RoadRunner service. Yep... you got it. Divine intervention. Someone up there must really like me and said "enough... you have suffered enough abuse from Amanda tonight". I was on the phone with super-nice Realtor when this happened. She heard all the pleas to RoadRunner, my computer and to God. I tell her that the signing is not going to happen tonight, but I would be more than happy to clear my calendar Tuesday to accomodate her Buyers, and told said nice Realtor that I would do the closing at no cost to her Buyers to make up for all the confusion. We all agree on a time. Everyone is happy. Everyone except Amanda, that is. *note: this is a purchase, not a refi... no 3-day right to cancel, no EOM funding issues*

10:45: I arrive at Marco Island closing 15 minutes late, Borrowers couldn't be nicer, made up for the Amanda-abuse in spades. I turn off ringer on cell phone, and watch as 12 calls come in from psycho-girl.

8:00 a.m. Tuesday: Funny thing about control freaks... They don't like it when they don't have control. She was apparently upset that Realtor, Buyers and I agreed to meet the following day. Amanda leaves voice message informing me (in sugary-sweet voice) that my services will no longer be required for above referenced closing. Headache finally subsides. SA relieved and dances a jig. Promptly adds Tampa search2close office to her "NEVER again" list.

As an aside, I had my busiest and most profitable month ever. Hope everyone's September was as good, and here's to October!

Reply by cassiewi on 9/27/06 8:36am
Msg #148743

I got a headache just reading it LOL. Glad you got it taken care of and that you had a good month. I had my best ever too. Hopefully October will follow suit.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/27/06 9:06am
Msg #148748

Why let her have all the fun

Send her a bill for printing and itemize all the phone calls and problems.

You wouln't get paid, just poke at her a little.

Reply by lenelle/FL on 9/27/06 9:17am
Msg #148750

What a ____!

Wow - I hate it when you do not get a confirmation and these companies just expect that you are just sitting around waiting on their stuff like it is the only thing that you have going on. Sort of off topic, but have you been having any problems with your Roadrunner lately? For some reason I have had a problem getting my files. I had a closing on Monday, docs sent to me at 10:00 am for a 3pm (yes, once they are on time) and of course Murphy's law, they are not appearing in my email. I call the co. after an hour and ask that they forward to my alternate email. Those docs finally got to me at 5pm that evening!! This has happned twice in the last several days and I have never had a problem before. Congrats on your great month! I also had a very good month!

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/27/06 9:35am
Msg #148761

RoadRunner bought out by Comcast in my area....

and yes, the "equipment change-over" has been causing a multitude of problems. For this reason, I use my yahoo! email address for all edocs.
Yahoo! hasn't failed me yet Smile

Reply by lenelle/FL on 9/27/06 9:37am
Msg #148763

Re: RoadRunner bought out by Comcast in my area....

Thanks for the info. I am going to check and see what the problem is. I also use my Yahoo as an alternate - Thank God that it is there in these situations.

Reply by Notary_OH on 9/27/06 9:16am
Msg #148749

Great story. Funny thing is, it's so real because we've all been there. You done good in this one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.