Notary Rotary
Fed/EX and UPS
Notary Discussion History

Fed/EX and UPS
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Brenda_CO on 9/14/06 12:18pm
Msg #146015

Fed/EX and UPS

Meant to say "Do you use the pick-up services......"?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/14/06 12:27pm
Msg #146020

If there is a charge (I wasn't aware there was, except for Saturdays)
they must bill the recipient. i ahve never paid for a pickup, and normally drop them at the nearest/latest dropbox for same day pick-up.
I would let them pick-up routinely, but I like to get my docs dropped the same day when possible.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/14/06 1:16pm
Msg #146041

To the best of my knowledge, FEDEX doesn't charge to come pick up packages. Now UPS, that's a different story. They do charge a nominal fee if you don't have an account with them. I usually drop off docs at the closest UPS store, but the few times I have called for a pickup the package has a pre-printed airbill.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't pay. Most of the time there is an account number within the paperwork or a pre-printed airbill/envelope to ship for shipping. The only time I didn't have anything, I left a message threatening to charge for shipping the docs back; the company got back really quick with an account number to use and apologizing for not including it in the packet.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 9/14/06 3:10pm
Msg #146094

I've never had a charge for pick up from UPS or FedEx. On the pick up request, I use my own account number, but the packages have the TC account #, I was curious so I called some of my TC's and asked if they'd ever been charged a pick up fee from one of my pkgs I sent back and they all said No.

Reply by Brenda Bolton on 9/16/06 11:19am
Msg #146523

Bonnie-CO Fed/EX and UPS

Hi Bonnie....thanks for the info. I didn't know that they had a $4 pickup charge until I called them for a pickup. Even though I have an account!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.